Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

danceash wrote: »
    It's in where mayfair was

Mayfair is gone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

Recliner wrote: »
    Mayfair is gone!!!!

Yes I was surprised at that

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

Darksoul wrote: »
    Was expecting a bigger area tbh but it's a good location in the town for those who can walk around

I didn't think it would open there at all. Very surprised. As you say I would have assumed a larger area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Mayfair is gone!!!!

Oh no!!! I didnt know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Mayfair was good in its day but tbf in recent years it's gone down hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Mayfair was good in its day but tbf in recent years it's gone down hill.

Was never the same after Sparky left but still sad to see it gone.

Was never the same after Sparky left but still sad to see it gone.

Yeah it's been there forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Even though I know my days of wobbling out of o keeffes at half two and across to the Mayfair for chips are well over, it makes me sad to know that if I had a mid life crisis (and a divorce I suppose), I wouldn’t have the option of doing it again!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Even though I know my days of wobbling out of o keeffes at half two and across to the Mayfair for chips are well over, it makes me sad to know that if I had a mid life crisis (and a divorce I suppose), I wouldn’t have the option of doing it again!

Many a night I did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lightscribe

https://www.tipperarylive.ie/news/home/622848/breaking-plans-for-massive-lidl-retail-development-in-clonmel.html#.YG1Mlhcav0k.twitter

This is great news for the town, although traffic there can be bad at rush hour with 3 sets of traffic lights in quick succession. Fingers crossed planning will be granted without too much fuss.

Wonder where the Nationalist are going to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I fail to see how this can work with existing traffic flows around that area especially with the Sisters of Charity nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭klose

dahat wrote: »
    I fail to see how this can work with existing traffic flows around that area especially with the Sisters of Charity nearby.

Same unfortunately, it only takes one car to be waiting to turn right at that junction to head towards the school to back up traffic. Would be nice to see something go in there, building is a bit of an eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Few of you may be interested in this. A group setup to try save what’s left of Knocklofty house. Shame to see it in the pics.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/738693863508274/?ref=share

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Who owns Knocklofty House now? If its still privately owned I wouldn’t be putting state money into it - if the state has it under a CPO then what would be the plan for it? A hotel? A concert / art space? Weddings? Not every old building can be saved, nor should it but I used to live out there in a Mews house and its actually a lovely space.

dahat wrote: »

Could they do a roundabout at Bolton st / Queen St/ Oliver plunkett street and have entrance to new Lidl at Oliver Plunkett st.

I assume they are keeping old Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Who owns Knocklofty House now? If its still privately owned I wouldn’t be putting state money into it - if the state has it under a CPO then what would be the plan for it? A hotel? A concert / art space? Weddings? Not every old building can be saved, nor should it but I used to live out there in a Mews house and its actually a lovely space.

Appears that it’s now owned by Cerberus.

Appears that it’s now owned by Cerberus.

Is that a company or a greek tragedy? Private owned? Let them pay for it.

Is that a company or a greek tragedy? Private owned? Let them pay for it.

I think that they’re what’s known as a vulture fund.

Drove up by the halting site beside the rugby club today and the state of the place took me by surprise, it is absolutely filthy, so bad it's nearly a health hazard, piles of horse **** just dumped outside where they live along with all other kinds of waster/rubbish.

Must be complaints gone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Drove up by the halting site beside the rugby club today and the state of the place took me by surprise, it is absolutely filthy, so bad it's nearly a health hazard, piles of horse **** just dumped outside where they live along with all other kinds of waster/rubbish.

That's just cultural expression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭dahat

They dump all sorts there for weeks on end then the council come along and take it all away free of charge.

It’s a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭klose

There's a house for sale overlooking it, must be a hard sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

https://www.tipperarylive.ie/news/home/622848/breaking-plans-for-massive-lidl-retail-development-in-clonmel.html#.YG1Mlhcav0k.twitter

This is great news for the town, although traffic there can be bad at rush hour with 3 sets of traffic lights in quick succession. Fingers crossed planning will be granted without too much fuss.

Wonder where the Nationalist are going to go.
    Can't see this ever happening considering the state of the traffic on Queen st already and the fact that Aldi got turned down for planning permission for a second store a few years ago on the old Clonmel mart site on Davis road.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lightscribe

tippspur wrote: »
    Can't see this ever happening considering the state of the traffic on Queen st already and the fact that Aldi got turned down for planning permission for a second store a few years ago on the old Clonmel mart site on Davis road.

I don't think there would have been any announcement at all about this proposal if the groundwork hadn't already been done. I think the Council will bend over backwards to make this happen. A mini roundabout would possibly help at the junction by the Local.

Won't be an overnight thing either way but hopefully it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

It’s very similar outside the one on the bypass near the Star Fuels exit, the whole area is filthy, on dry days there is a constant wet patch on the footpath near the bridge that smells of urine. It’s shocking it has been allowed to happen in both locations.

solerina wrote: »
    It’s very similar outside the one on the bypass near the Star Fuels exit, the whole area is filthy, on dry days there is a constant wet patch on the footpath near the bridge that smells of urine. It’s shocking it has been allowed to happen in both locations.

Yeah that one is pretty bad too alright, that wet patch has been there for as long as I can remember, I used to often walk that road.

I mean how filthy do you have to be to do that to where you live? I wonder would varadkar and the like be happy to have that on their doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

solerina wrote: »

The wet patch is run off from the caravan they placed on top of the hill themselves and isn’t plumbed into any waste facilities. It’s shocking that it’s been left so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

What's the status of the works to be happening at the old Kickham Barracks? Is it due to actually start this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

What's the status of the works to be happening at the old Kickham Barracks? Is it due to actually start this year?

Apparently due to start once the (ridiculous) restrictions on construction lift so anytime after today! Let’s hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 uggybear2

Off topic but is anyone having difficulty ordering McDonalds takeaway off of Uber Eats?
    It keeps saying’No couriers nearby’ on the website/app.

Advertisement