Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Anyone having any problems with eir top up? It wont let me top up online keep getting an error

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uggybear2

Has anyone seen Drohan’s full pan bread anywhere? I know the shop part of the bakery is closed but is the bakery still producing products?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭bmc58

tippspur wrote: »
    What's with all the new phone shops opening in Clonmel recently, new one opened in Mitchel st and two more in O Connell st, one in the old Zip yard shop and the other across the road beside Fitzgeralds hardware.

Must be money in re furbishing and repairing old phones/laptops.People are keeping their phones longer due to the replacement costs too.And I know at least four family members who have dropped their phones and the glass is broken.So there must be a market for repairs.

Fionn wrote: »
    There's as many if not more Barber Shops in town!

The'll be all needed soon.

klose wrote: »
    Cynic in me says money laundering

Hmmmm.Never thought of that angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

bmc58 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.Never thought of that angle.

Have heard of it happening elsewhere in the country so not inconceivable that it’s not happening here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,478 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know if River Island is reopening or are they gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Does anybody know if River Island is reopening or are they gone?

They’re reopening next week and then closing later in the year for good. August I think.

jlm29 wrote: »
    They’re reopening next week and then closing later in the year for good. August I think.
    Bookmakers opening Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I saw a few clothes shops with their doors open today, no signage up that I could see but a table holding the door open and a bottle of sanitiser on it. I wonder did they say "f*** it if Penneys can open so can we"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

julyjane wrote: »
    I saw a few clothes shops with their doors open today, no signage up that I could see but a table holding the door open and a bottle of sanitiser on it. I wonder did they say "f*** it if Penneys can open so can we"

All shops were allowed open this week but it was shopping by appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I noticed other shops open with a table by the door, so assumed it was for click and collect

They are probably doing call and collect or some type of appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭klose

If its heatons and guineys they have been open two+ weeks cause they sell homeware, along with the likes of Harry Corrys. The clothes sections in these shops is still cordoned off.

No it was Now and Dorothy perkins i noticed, there was nobody at the door checking appointments and one or two people browsing inside rather than collecting. Anyway it's good to see the smaller shops getting the same rights as Penneys, they just didn't get the millions worth of free advertising that Penneys got on social media. I actually wanted something that I thought might be in Heatons/Sports direct but didn't realise they were open and the SD website is painful so I was waiting till next week rather than clicking and collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Anyone know what's going in at the old AXA Insurance shop in Parnell St, not another bookies I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I just noticed the old Slattery’s building has had a spruce up. I hope there is something decent going in there. The town was busy Friday so I hope that is a good sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I just noticed the old Slattery’s building has had a spruce up. I hope there is something decent going in there. The town was busy Friday so I hope that is a good sign of things to come.

Don’t the cinema own that building? It’s supposed to be part of their expansion. I’d imagine they got a bit of slack for leaving it run down and had to give it a kick of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Great to see a bit of life back around the town in the last week or so - hopefully stays this way for the next few weeks.

Did anyone else hear that Phil Carroll’s pub has been taken over for use as a private bar by the Camida man?

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Great to see a bit of life back around the town in the last week or so - hopefully stays this way for the next few weeks.

Did anyone else hear that Phil Carroll’s pub has been taken over for use as a private bar by the Camida man?

That would be a disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

jkmanc1974 wrote: »

I really hope this is a short term measure, there is no space indoors or outdoors so let’s hope this is until COVID restrictions are gone for good !!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lightscribe

tippspur wrote: »
    Anyone know what's going in at the old AXA Insurance shop in Parnell St, not another bookies I hope.

It's a new business called Kare Plus. They provide home nursing services

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I hear a rumour that the council have bought all the new houses being built near the railway station.

cml387 wrote: »
    I hear a rumour that the council have bought all the new houses being built near the railway station.

Yes, this was confirmed by Siobhan Ambrose last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

solerina wrote: »
    Yes, this was confirmed by Siobhan Ambrose last summer.

Hah. Hardly a rumour then:D

cml387 wrote: »
    The first 3 were half built and exposed to the elements for months and months.

Lifestyle have next to zero stock in their shop, are the closing or relocating?

Lifestyle seem to have reduced stock over the last few years in my experience.
    I think they closed two cork stores last year but they were located near Sports Direct stores.

Last time I was looking for something in Lifestyle they seemed disinterested and asked me had I looked online. Lifestyle in Lisduggan in Waterford has also closed, that must have been there for close to 30 years at least. Their market share seems to have been eroded by Elverys in the last few years.

Now that the vaccine portal has opened for those under 50 does anyone know how long from registration to being called for a vaccination in the Park in Clonmel. Maybe someone who has had it already may know.

• Advertisement

Agreed, the first 6 houses were exposed for over 12 months. Can’t be good for building integrity.

Advertisement