Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

solerina wrote: »
    Now that the vaccine portal has opened for those under 50 does anyone know how long from registration to being called for a vaccination in the Park in Clonmel. Maybe someone who has had it already may know.

About 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

About 2 weeks

Thanks, that’s a lot faster than I would have assumed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

solerina wrote: »
    Now that the vaccine portal has opened for those under 50 does anyone know how long from registration to being called for a vaccination in the Park in Clonmel. Maybe someone who has had it already may know.

About two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Expunge wrote: »

I know a few people who worked there over the years and it sounds like a mad place. Unpaid bills all over the place even though there was more than enough money there to pay them. People working in offices didn't have basic stationery. Company credit cards being declined because the bills weren't paid. They seem to have a lot of success internationally though so they must have been doing something right all these years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Not from Clonmel but son has moved there recently and myself and wife were there visiting earlier today and must say I thought the town was really busy.

Wife was delighted to see a Penney’s and had to call and I actually found a lovely shop called sixth sense with some quality clothing and 2 very nice staff that couldn’t be more helpful. Nice to see the town busy and I realise it was a Saturday but it’s a nice town .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

costacorta wrote: »
    Not from Clonmel but son has moved there recently and myself and wife were there visiting earlier today and must say I thought the town was really busy.

Wife was delighted to see a Penny’s and had to call and I actually found a lovely shop called sixth sense with some quality clothing and 2 very nice staff that couldn’t be more helpful. Nice to see the town busy and I realise it was a Saturday but it’s a nice town .
    Us natives sometimes lose sight of the positives. Delighted you had a good visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

costacorta wrote: »

Wife was delighted to see a Penny’s and had to call and I actually found a lovely shop called sixth sense with some quality clothing and 2 very nice staff that couldn’t be more helpful. Nice to see the town busy and I realise it was a Saturday but it’s a nice town .

That type of thing won’t go down well here.

Was in town myself this morning it was great to see people back on the streets and the shops busy. Clonmel is a fine town always has been. Beautiful natural setting fine wide main streets and impressive public buildings. Not without its problems but then again what town or city in Ireland isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭klose

Agreed with previous posts, lovely town and love it here. However the whole empty units issue in town is getting only worse, I see Ryan duggan and annerly jewelers are having closing down sales.

klose wrote: »
    Agreed with previous posts, lovely town and love it here. However the whole empty units issue in town is getting only worse, I see Ryan duggan and annerly jewelers are having closing down sales.

The number of businesses that will be closing will be staggering.

• Advertisement

It's an awful pity to see town centre shops closing, there's only so much of a market for cafés and restaurants there can't be much demand for more of them so what is going to fill the empty spaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

julyjane wrote: »
    It's an awful pity to see town centre shops closing, there's only so much of a market for cafés and restaurants there can't be much demand for more of them so what is going to fill the empty spaces?

Hopefully not more mobile phone/laptop repair shops? Great clearance sale in Duggan Jewellers apparently.

Good to see plenty of people in the town throughout the week - outdoor pub areas opening in 2 weeks, Carey’s/Gleesons/Pollards - anyone know if anyone else is taking the plunge?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,478 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's not a place I'd ever have really went into but I think Shoe Zone is closed!

Shoe zone has given the impression that it's been closing down for the last 10 years. I never got anything there for myself but occasionally might have gone in for something for a child like slippers or wellies or a cheap pair of summer sandals. My mother in law said it's a great shop but then she's often had problems with her feet so what she saves on shoes she's giving to a chiropodist. I was always told to spend money on good shoes and a good mattress because if you're not in one you're in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Years ago it used to be Tylers, and that name is still easily visble in stucco on an upper storey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭bmc58

Myself and my wife were in Mulcahy Park this morning around 9am walking our dog.When we got down to the bottom of the park at the river section we saw a salmon leaping (even though the water was coloured and high).Brilliant.Nice to see the salmon still around.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Myself and my wife were in Mulcahy Park this morning around 9am walking our dog.When we got down to the bottom of the park at the river section we saw a salmon leaping (even though the water was coloured and high).Brilliant.Nice to see the salmon still around.

Brilliant! The blue way was fairly busy today. Great to see it being used.

Brilliant! The blue way was fairly busy today. Great to see it being used.

The Blue Way is very busy.Many runners, bike riders and walkers using it.Great addition to Clonmel - Carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

The Blue Way is very busy.Many runners, bike riders and walkers using it.Great addition to Clonmel - Carrick.

Started using it a lot more myself recently. Took to the bike last night and ventured down to kilsheelan, some great sights on the spin down, I want to build myself up to do the spin to carrick in the next few weeks. I used to do it own the roads by bike but that was 20 yrs ago so no comparison nowadays.

Started using it a lot more myself recently. Took to the bike last night and ventured down to kilsheelan, some great sights on the spin down, I want to build myself up to do the spin to carrick in the next few weeks. I used to do it own the roads by bike but that was 20 yrs ago so no comparison nowadays.

One thing I noticed today was that cyclists were either ringing a bell or calling out that they were overtaking. Problem now is the number of pedestrians walking along with earbuds in and being totally oblivious to other blue way users.

Love the quirky artwork by that house past the car park. Especially the tribute to Minella Times and Rachael Blackmore.

• Advertisement

One thing I noticed today was that cyclists were either ringing a bell or calling out that they were overtaking. Problem now is the number of pedestrians walking along with earbuds in and being totally oblivious to other blue way users.

Love the quirky artwork by that house past the car park. Especially the tribute to Minella Times and Rachael Blackmore.

I took the bike down it the other evening but was always careful when coming up on walkers, I have a bell myself and most if not all heard it, even the ones with headphones in.

Check the wind the day you decide to venture to Carrick and back to Clonmel.Make sure the wind is at your back on the way home.I don't cycle myself but my neighbour found it tough coming back to Clonmel against the wind.:)

Check the wind the day you decide to venture to Carrick and back to Clonmel.Make sure the wind is at your back on the way home.I don't cycle myself but my neighbour found it tough coming back to Clonmel against the wind.:)

If I get there I’ll be happy, coming back I’ll take my time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Giosta

Giosta wrote: »
    When will the Holy Year Cross be turned on again? Been off for weeks. Did they not pay their electricity bill?

It’s back. Great to see. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

and still with as busy as it is. the artwork on the gashouse bridge was taken!

It was put up for the Junction Festival, I'm only surprised that it lasted so long.

:mad:

Fionn wrote: »
    and still with as busy as it is. the artwork on the gashouse bridge was taken!

It was put up for the Junction Festival, I'm only surprised that it lasted so long.

:mad:

Some really sad people around.Remember a couple of years ago when the glass artwork at the Old Bridge was smashed by feckers.

I saw a Home Savers lorry going into the old Barlo radiators place yesterday, are they opening up there?

They were ordered to close a shop in Waterford before Christmas because it wasn't in compliance with planning permission but they went ahead and opened anyway, I don't know what became of it in the end.

I saw a Home Savers lorry going into the old Barlo radiators place yesterday, are they opening up there?

They were ordered to close a shop in Waterford before Christmas because it wasn't in compliance with planning permission but they went ahead and opened anyway, I don't know what became of it in the end.

There’s something going in there and I’ve seen plenty of work going on there over the last few weeks, I’m not sure if that building is wholly suited for retail though, there’s plenty of options needing less work around town.

BTW, the one in Waterford is still open.

I'd say there's a fair chance of a Home Savers store opening then.Ther'e hardly collecting some old radiators.Something good for the town is afoot me thinks.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Interesting to see planning permission sign up on the Post House by Mulligans chemist - possibly another blow for the ghost ship that is Market Place?

Good to see plenty of life around the town over the weekend and a good few outdoor options

Advertisement