Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

We are sale agreed on one of them :)

Had the same reservations about halting site and why so many are up for sale atm. I think it's possibly because so many are going for way over asking so people are jumping on the band wagon and selling up. No. 75 looks like a lovely house, best of luck with it :) Feel free to PM me RE bidding etc if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the clonmel town running track is open to public use?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

There's an unplanned power outage in town at ~19:45. ESB's estimated fix was 20:30, then updated to 21:30. Almost 3,400 customers affected. Stay safe.

Edit: Power returned at 21:07.

Post edited by Qreq on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭decies

Anybody’s Vodafone internet down in Clonmel / Clerihan region ?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Darksoul

I live just outside Clonmel and my Vodafone is not working even the app itself is not working last few hours

• Advertisement

Think it was related to the esb outage in Clonmel it came back around 10 pm or so . What I have noticed my download speeds seem to be throttling up and down on speed test , supposed to be getting around 35/40 , you test it sometimes it might get to ten /fifteen . It’s nit as steady the last few weeks and months as it used to be !!

Water supply off in Clerihan and surrounding areas since lunch time supposed to be back at 6pm Monday . As of 7pm still off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Has anyone got tested for Covid out the Fethard Rd recently? Just wondering how long it took to get results. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

I did last week, took less than 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Fantastic, thanks! I went early this morning in the hope I might get quick result. Fingers crossed so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

JYSK is coming to Clonmel. It will be located across from Supermac's

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Did anyone see 2 bright orange lights in the sky about 20mins ago? Heading west to east, they were following the same path but were not right beside each other. No noise from them and nothing that showed up on flight radar app.

Definitely not fireworks or Chinese lanterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Anyone notice the new Christmas lights gazebo or whatever it is at the end of Mitchell St. and beside McDonalds at on Gladestone St.?

They look pretty cheap and tacky to me and not all that safe either. Anyone else notice them?

At least the drug dealing outside McDonalds will be beautifully illuminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I have seen them alright.

Why do you think that they are unsafe ?

If you're tall and you don't go through the centre of it, you might hit your head (the arch is not very high)..... You might trip on one of the legs. It might lead to a nasty little injury which may require treatment, time off work, emotional distress etc.

Restitution through the courts may be the only way to adequately compensate someone who has an accidental collision with that thing.

That compensation will come from taxpayers.

Also, there's a fair amount of plastic and metal in it. I'm wondering how TCC square this with their environmental aspirations.

Finally, they look like something you might see at an a certain ethnic community wedding. They're a fecking dangerous eyesore, in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

You could use most of your comment above in any court case you wish to bring.

Where does personal responsibility apply here ?

I would wager that there are plenty of items that are more dangerous about the place( every sign post, tree or seat for instance)

Are there any basket swings in town ?

The courts can decide about personal responsibility when someone gets a bang off it while hurrying, head down, from Gladestone St to Mitchel St.

You're right, those other things are also hazards. As well as being tacky as fook, they look to me like unnecessarily risky yokes to put out on the streets.

I'm sure TCC have done the proper risk assessment, however, and no vandalism or injury will come of it.

If I hadn't posted about it here, I might have run into one of them at speed myself and then engaged the services of a certain local solicitor. Just as a public service!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kk333

Who's the b**ch doing all the dealing around. She doesn't give a ****. Obviously an informer or something. She dealing outside dunnes at 6 in the evening. Goes to the addict "make sure you put that in the fridge now". I turned around and asked her where she got her Pharmacology degree. Unreal.

Yes! I have seen that wan around in various town centre locations. Very unsubtle about her dealing.

Loudly calling out her number, making sure the junkies save it into their phones.

Remarkable!

Waiting for the pompous "Well I'm sure you contacted the Gardai" response in a matter of moments....

• Advertisement

The local drug squad surely knows what she's up to. So what's the point in ringing. She's probably ratting on bigger fish. Hopefully she'll be disappeared soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭klose

I see a few bet up properties have gotten a big facelift mostly on queen street, are the council doing this or has somebody bought a lot of them for cheap and doing them up to flip them for a profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Anyone know if any of the jewellers in Clonmel sell spinner/fidget rings?

Vodafone broadband down near Clerihan anybody else ?

Is there any cameras on the old bridge. Just at the old run down pub. Some lunatic punched me car window. He had kids with him wouldnt get off the road. Def should be reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Clonmel Arms is ablaze tonight. Hopefully that will accelerate the revevelopment process. But doubtless An Taisce will claim the smoke stains and shattered windows are of historical importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,478 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know of there's any plans for the Heatons unit?

I know in the past some Heatons transfered over to Sports Direct or Brand Max.

The word is that it will become Sports Direct..

Lifestyle Sports both in Mallow and Ballincollig closed when that happened.

However from what I remember once Heatons closed they transfered it over fairly fast!

• Advertisement

Does anybody know what time KFC closes on Friday night?

I've read mixed things online.

I think the drive-thru might stay open later.

Advertisement