Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

You did and I pointed out your response made you sound like a smart arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭decies

Hope rumours of centra opening up in clerihan before Christmas are true .

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

It wasn’t intentional I can assure you. The amount of utter nonsense spouted about the lights in clonmel this year on social media is embarrassing.

good news about the centra reopening in Clerihan before Christmas if true. That’s an absolute viable business out there no idea why the previous owners closed butt it wasn’t through lack of customers or potential. By the way the chipper in Clerihan is superb. Was passing through recently and stopped for some and it was really tastey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

No worries. You’re correct a lot of the posts about the lights were hyperbole even more so on the live Tipperary Live article where they are confirmed as going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I ignore all the stuff that comes up on Tipperary Live as it's just clickbait. The Nationalist is just as bad as it flags content from Nenagh and Roscrea which are hardly "local".

• Advertisement

Looking for a garage in Clonmel to look after car repairs now and then. Any recommendations?. somewhere they wear gloves or wash their hands and i don't get back my key/ credit card/ steering wheel covered in oil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Declan and Denis O Brien on the way to Clerihan. Brilliant service and sound lads.

Have Ryan Motor Power been taken over by LaHarts?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

Ya I heard they sold out about 6 months ago. Laharts taking it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 uggybear2

This is off-topic but does anyone know of a property website that has 'houses/apartments to rent' list up-to-date?

For example, I visit Mitula (it's bad, yes...but seems to be the only one that's easy to use) just to keep an eye out for new listings, but the problem is, is that those properties listed, could be left there for a couple of years without status update or even if it's longer for rent.

Bottom line is: Am I better off just visiting an Estate Agent shop or posting a question about dwellings to rent on the Clonmel Community Page?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mossie11

Was just wondering to myself of whatever happened to clonmelonline the other day. The site itself hasn't been updated since March of this year. It was nice to get local news from a source other than The Nationalist, Tipperary Live, etc. Web hosting fees aren't cheap!

Post edited by uggybear2 on

Thank you :) Will be very handy to keep an eye out for new places to rent :D

Kickham Barracks plaza looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

It does, I just hope it's respected and not just a hub for anti-social behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

"Gardaí and the Army are conducting a raid on the halting site on the Cashel Road in Clonmel this morning.

The bomb disposal unit, the armed response unit and the public order unit are all involved in the raid which is on-going."

from Tipperary Live this morning.

Bombs part of the ethnic cultural expression these day.. eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

About time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seemed a fairly big operation too, there over 5 hours so surely they must have made a big haul from it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

It will be interesting to hear what the outcome of this action will be. Did they go in early this morning to take whoever their targets were by surprise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

This morning investigating Gardaí from the Clonmel District assisted by members of the Garda Armed Support Unit, Garda Dog Unit, Garda Public Order Unit and Garda Stolen Vehicle Investigation Unit, took part in an intelligence led operation in the Heywood / Ardgeeha areas of Clonmel. Gardaí were supported by members of the Irish Defence Forces (First Field Engineers Company, Collins Barracks, Co Cork), Officers of Custom and Revenue Service and members from the ISPCA. Investigating Gardaí carried out a total of eight searches under warrant and seized three suspected caravans with an estimated value in excess of €80,000 Euro. In addition suspected controlled drugs with an estimated street value in excess €2,000 Euro were seized. Members of the ISPCA rescued fifteen dogs and three horses under the Animal Health and Welfare Act. Investigating Gardaí have also arrested five persons in relation to a number of alleged offences, namely, Assault Causing Harm, Possession of Drugs for Sale and Supply, Possession of Stolen Property and Obstruction under the Misuse of Drugs Act. These persons are currently detained at various Garda Stations in the Tipperary Division. Officers of Revenue Customs Services also made a number of detections on private vehicles allegedly using marked Gas oil."

From Facebook. Great to see animals rescued, maybe some of them might be reunited with people who are missing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Delighted it's about time the authorities stepped in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I think that the authorities miss a trick by not bringing in Cab as well.

Confiscate everything the can. Until they can legitimate prove 1, that they own the item 2, how they could afford to pay for the item. Similar to how the authorities deal with some of the bigger crime gangs over the year's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

A raid against travellers is akin to shooting a pellet gun at a tank, wont do a damn thing, this raid will maybe set them back a couple of weeks then they'll have brand new caravans, more drugs and more animals to abuse and the cycle will just go on and on, they're a virus, they spread and destroy everything they come into contact with, they can't live normally beside regular people, they turn their own halting sites, the place where they actually live, into dumps that are total eye sores and health hazards, they get free legal aid, medical cards, dole, don't have to look for work but can somehow afford new vans, cars and plush caravans...it's bewildering how they're still indulged by society, traveler culture has no positives, they are an utterly repugnant and unredeemable people, group, race or what ever tag they call themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭bmc58

Reported siezed two caravans and two grand of ilicit substances and several dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

About time that place was raided. It's a disgrace that the authorities turned a blind eye to the criminality spreading from that site for years.

But no doubt pavee point and the other "culture washing" groups will be out defending the rights of the arrested men to practice their long held traditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

40 years ago Traveller traditions never involved drugs, wholesale criminality. They used to work from place to place as tin smiths and would do odd jobs for second hand clothing/household goods/food etc

Then we gave them everything for nothing - threw money at them with no consequences - we created the monster and now we need to reel it in. The dole should be linked to them having to attend courses / learn to read and write - don’t attend, no money - same as you and me.

We pay child allow/medical card etc for four children - no more - you can have more but we aren’t paying for them. If you can’t feed, clothe or educate 4 children then don’t have more.

All social housing recipients should have to maintain a minimum standard of cleanliness / maintenance - clean up your own bloody mess.

The armed group that visited that halting site should visit the other 3 in Clonmel and warn them they’ll be back in another few weeks - just keep at them until they either reel themselves in or move on. This scum has to be cut off at the knees

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭decies

Beef carvery lunch ulhuru Waterford €13.50 , mulcahys Clonmel €16.95

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

Cook at home if you think it's too expensive, simple solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

After walking around clonmel today wtf has happened. Streets empty, shops closed everywhere. What a shame

Advertisement