Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

Think Irish water are on strike the last few days, town was on a boil water notice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Businesses are going bananas. Cafes cant give complimentary jug of water, you have to buy bottled water and this is where they can open. If they have no running water, as opposed to non drinkable water, they have to close. No hairdressers, no barbers, restaurants. This has been happening for months, Irish Water are a shower of wasters. Half the town have no power to their water supply, so no showers, dishwashers, washing machines, etc and the other half had a boil water notice. They should all be sacked imo

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Fair play, sounds good.

What's going on in the old superquinn? Load of army people there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Training exercise. They may use it for something like a boot camp or paintballing activity centre because they don't seem much interested in doing anything else with it. I wonder how much the defence forces paid for the use of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭bmc58

Fatal accident near Barne today on the Cahir road.Car and lorry involved.Road closed.Sad.RIP to the poor person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

RIP to the person who died and thoughts are with the others involved. For what looks like a reasonably good stretch of road there's far too many collisions on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Anti social behaviour in clerihan.

Anybody live in clerihan notice the increasing anti social behaviour in the village . There’s constant racing up and down the village from our modified cars friend , coupled with cars camped out side the community hall from 10pm to all hours of the morning obviously not DEALING cards . Only heard this morning that lately whole lot of cars broken into past the school . About time the villagers said enough is enough with these sc#% bags .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Water gone again. Apparently won't be back until next week due to the strike. The union need to end this strike now or they will lose all public support.

• Advertisement

I wonder will they.If people know what the workers are fighting for (and most are members of the local communities) they may be sympahetic of their fight.I will suffer the inconvience of lack of clean water/water outages for ordinary workers to be treated fairly.Water is cheap in supermarkets now.

Really, water is cheap! Go tell that BS to a hairdresser, barber, cafe, Talbot Hotel had no water for showers in Gym - these selfish people turned the switches off (its an automated system) and decided to strike for 2 days and feck the rest of us - they have very badly judged the mood of the people, the selfish gits, take it to the LRC or march outside the co co offices - using a life necessity as a bargaining chip is not acceptable. I hope they get nothing.

The UNITE union go on strike and shut down water supplies to most of the county. Then, after public outrage, as a "gesture of goodwill" they leave the picket line "early" and turn it back on again (it will take days apparently for the water to replenish throughout the system so many homes and businesses will be out for the whole weekend). I haven't seen any pledge from them that they won't turn it off again in a week or two if their demands aren't met. Make no mistake people. We are in a hostage situation and we are the hostages.

Their bullshit line of "water is cheap in the supermarkets" shows a disgraceful lack of understanding of the suffering they caused. If that was their strategy why didn't UNITE warn shops to stock up on supplies before they shut off the water because every supermarket between here and Limerick sold out of this "cheap" water in a few hours. And even if they hadn't sold out how the hell do UNITE think we can shower our kids with a 5lt bottle of water from Aldi.

I'm sorry but UNITE and the striking workers have lost any goodwill the public had for them and their cause. They held us all hostage. I hope the ringleaders are identified and fired before they have a chance to shut down the water system again.

You are in a minority based on what I'm hearing people say tonight. If the "local communities" could get their hands on the UNITE ringleaders they would suffer a little more than "inconvenience".

Get back to work unacceptable situation holding general population , venerable , business etc as hostage to their pay demands . Total joke one thing to have a 24 hour strike another to have multiple strikes .

Water is a basic human right ffs, not getting any sympathy from me.

Well what I hear from people and store workers when they understand what these workers are fighting for their attitude to the strike mellows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Those scumbags are part of the community. While I agree with you nobody will say boo to them and you'll be lambasted behind your back for raising it.

That Wallace truck parked up on the footpath beside the shop during the week really took the biscuit imo. Saw a woman with a twin stroller having to go onto the road as the truck was so far over the path.

People always supported the strike. Even when it meant boil water notices. IMPACT crossed the line when they turned off the water and that lost them almost all good will.

Am in right trouble now in clerihan the taps are air locked apart from bit of cold water in kitchen sink . I know probably a home remedy but am a desperate need of a plumber . Would anybody PM somebody that would definitely come out to me in next day or so . It’s a right mess cheers 😟

• Advertisement

Yes but the important thing according to a minority if people is that the strikers got to make their point. And they will make it again and again until they get everything they want.

And sorry for your issue with the airlock. It can be a pain to clear. I had the same issue when our water came back on. Turned on lots of taps. In the end it seemed to be a shower that was the key. When I turned that on it sputtered and splashed for a few seconds and then started running and a few seconds later the tap in the sink beside it also started and the others worked.

Thankfully the hose trick worked fine with the airlock .Just a note for clerihan

More fun

Unbelievable! The system is completely collapsing as the management and workers squabble over the carcass.

I heard today that the reservoirs were low - WTF - its been the wettest July on record and we have no water. They all should be sacked, the whole shower

It’s heard to keep track of all the boil notices low pressure no water messages no wonder people in general haven’t a clue what’s going on in certain areas at any given time .

Just waiting for the electricity boys to go on strike next

I am curious to how they go about that, hypothetically if someone dies in a house fire or there's a bad car crash, are they liable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

• Advertisement

It's not like the Water guys. They aren't cutting off a vital service. The firefighters are doing it the right way.

But hypothetically speaking no they wouldn't be liable. Unions have very strong legal protection from being sued for any damage resulting from industrial action.

Advertisement