Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

They were checking cars to break into in Elm Park Clonmel 2am Monday morning . Check your cctv

• Registered Users Posts: 11,820 ✭✭✭✭klose

Who’s they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

hi everyone. Quick question. Is there any shop in clonmel that sells golf tees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Yes "The Golf Store" on the bypass 100% sell them. Elverys on O Connell st usually have some in stock but a limited range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭julyjane

O'Dwyers golf near Top part has them, I was in there yesterday they had bags of them for €2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

Driving through Kilmanahan today and I thought back to the 1980's.

There are no pubs in Kilmanahan now, The Hidden Inn closed some years ago. But there was also a pub across the road which was open in the late 80's. Does anyone know the name ( I don't)?

It was called Brownes. Had the odd pint in there back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

From Richie Molloy Facebook page for tomorrow, 24th July. :

I have just been informed that Eibhlin Byrne, Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth will host an information drop-in session (linked with Modular Homes) for residents and others in the Talbot Hotel in Clonmel tomorrow between 4pm -7pm. DCEDIY and OPW will be present.

The engagement will be on rapid build programme for Ukrainians, the format of the meeting will be similar to others. Boards will be displayed showing the homes etc and staff from the Department will be available to answer queries. There is no set piece and people can arrive any time between 4 and 7 at their leisure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭touts

I'm sure that will be a calm and rational discussion as she'll be accused of blowing up fairy forts and murdering a 200 year old tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

And when the Ukrainians leave the houses will be taken over by IPAs. It's just unbelievable sneaky and cynical from our government.

It's about 82 modular homes right? Dundrum could house this instead but the Government are taken the Ukranians out of Dundrum and want IPAs in there instead

I doubt Ukrainians will be leaving anytime soon tbh

They are leaving, due to the government cracking down on them from accommodation to payments.

They want the Ukrainians gone so they house the IPAs

Strange of them to now be publicly saying the units on the Haywood are for Ukrainians and nothing about IPAs, I guess time will tell who eventually ends up there.

Did anyone go to the info session in the Talbot? Was working so didn’t get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Where are they going to, surely not back to Ukraine?

Weren't they always for Ukrainians. I can't say I heard an public rep saying they were being built for IPAS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Lightscribe

I think the suggestion amongst some of the protesting groups is that while they may initially be for Ukrainian families they will, in time, be for IPAS.

I’d say that’s their viewpoint of how it will be from the start, they never said it was for Ukrainians, only African/muslim “military age” men who are going to rape and pillage the town. Never once seen them mention Ukrainians, if it’s Ukrainians from the start they will all look pretty silly.

If you're trying to frighten people, saying they're for Ukrainians doesn't sound as scary as the illegal bad man.

Interest piece on the Irish Times and the wireless yesterday about a convected murderer and ku klux klan "grand dragon" what ever that is, is an adviser/mentor to one of the main protesters. Apparently the main man is from Waterford and is also was convected of manslaughter of his father a few years ago.

IT article is behind a paywall.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/ex-kkk-grand-dragon-helping-very-extreme-irish-activists-1748656

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/2024/07/24/former-ku-klux-klan-grand-dragon-is-mentoring-irish-far-right-extremists/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

is there any actual evidence of increased ‘rape and pillage’ where IPA’s have been located? I haven’t heard of any stats on this…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭touts

Sure who needs evidence when there's anonymous people on facebook telling you what to think. Makes it a lot easier.

exactly rationale debate and questions have no place in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

I was at the information evening.

Modular homes are definitely for Ukrainian families, none of this 'single, unvetted males' crap Dee Dempsey and her cronies are spouting. She was told the exact same yesterday too, though I doubt she will say that. Every single official communication has stated this and well they know it.

When the time comes for the Ukrainians to move on, they will need to 'regularise planning permission' (whatever that means!). This may or may not be for IPAS/ Irish citizens.

There will be 82 semi-detached homes on the site, with capacity for 4 persons each.

Stephen Butler is the fella being referred to in the IT article. He is big on racist Twitter, goes as irelandsback. He live streamed himself getting arrested after antagonising a garda into doing so. This was back when the second round of construction started. Killed his father in a drunken row. From Portlaw. Good friends with Tina Denn who handles the Social Media for the Concerned Residents muppets (you can always tell it's her due to the fact she can't ever spell Ukrainian correctly).

The myth of crime rates increasing where IPAS centres have opened has been debunked numerous times. I'd say the crime rates in town would drop drastically if you rounded up all these loudmouth g0bshites and locked them in a box. We all know who has the town destroyed, and it sure as hell isn't the black and brown men!

From Tipp Fm.

However, the three hour session only attracted 70 locals for an issue that has seen protests in recent months which have led to arrests, disturbances and violence

I heard the lizard people are within the ranks of the protestors too

People are deluded if they don't think the long term plan for this isnt IPAs.

The Ukrainians are leaving Ireland

https://www.thesun.ie/news/13033446/exodus-thousands-ukrainians-leave-ireland-crackdown/

The government are stripping away their benefits and therefor forcing these people out.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/dozens-of-accommodation-centres-for-ukrainian-refugees-set-to-close-1630567.html

Think about it, why aren't they moving more Ukrainians into Dundrum to replace the ones that have left? You're more than welcome to believe these modular houses are for Ukrainians but like Dundrum we'll eventually see IPA's in there. It just a sneaky cynical move by the government, they did the same to Dundrum

Impressive from local lad Daire Lynch in the men’s double this morning winning their heat well and posting the fastest time of all 3 heats, semi final on Tuesday which is being shown at the Kickham plaza.

Interesting story today about badly needed housing development in Clonmel unable to go ahead as there are horses on the land that is proposed to be developed. The owner of the horses refusing to vacate and it’s ended up in the high court. You wouldn’t believe it if I told you but the horse owner is from the Heywood Road site. So not only do they not want modular homes built they want to stop all homes being built. They are consistent if nothing else I guess.

But where will they put the horses🤔

Edit. On a more serious note, how much is that going to cost the developer of the land to bring that case to the high court and will Mr O Riley have to pay cost if and when the high court orders him to remove the horses.

I’m sure the developer won’t pass on the costs to the hard pressed home buyer anyway! and if he does luckily the Clonmel Says No crowd I’m sure will be as vigilant as they are in that scenario in protecting the rights of the citizens of the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

I saw that. They will cry out that Irish people can't get housing while telling these that they're entitled to "squatters rights" for horses. The land is listed as Ard Geeha Upper. Where is it? Is it above Longfield?

Advertisement