Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Anytime I've seen that jag there has never been a trade plate on it. Plus I'm 100% sure trade plates don't cover personal use otherwise every car dealer in the country would be driving high end imports. Business use is fairly limited too.

I know I'm just saying that is how he "may" be getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Is it true that Barlo motors have Nissan dealership now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

tippspur wrote: »
    Is it true that Barlo motors have Nissan dealership now?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Maggie 2 wrote: »
    George did the business no favours with his pathetic snipe at Shepherds Pie. Those who regularly have no choice but to eat it, wouldn't darken his door again!

'No choice but to eat it' ???? Whats wrong with it ???
    I thought it was only George who looked down his nose at it !!!
    Its tasty and good food

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Yes

And selling quiet a few if them too according to one if the salesmen I know there. Nissan would still have a following in Clonmel after mordaunt had it for so long and I'm talking Brian mordaunt not George !! And Barlows already having a Nissan garage no doubtlessly saw an opportunity and grabbed it with both hands.

Was also told Barlows plan to build a new showroom for the Nissan brand too, great to see some investment in the motor industry when everyone else is sitting up shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Just heard on facebook Abrakebabra is after closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

must say i didnt praticluary like the place anyways,and there was barely ever ny 1 in there anyways, surprised it stayed open until now

must say i didnt praticluary like the place anyways,and there was barely ever ny 1 in there anyways, surprised it stayed open until now

They are very expensive as well when you consider the crap they throw out. The kebabs are tiny, a miserable amount of chips and the burgers aren't great either.

I wont miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

They are very expensive as well when you consider the crap they throw out. The kebabs are tiny, a miserable amount of chips and the burgers aren't great either.

I wont miss it.
    It was closed yesterday when I passed. Was only really a late night food option and when you consider the amount of fast food outlets in Clonmel its not a surprise that something had to give.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was closed yesterday when I passed. Was only really a late night food option and when you consider the amount of fast food outlets in Clonmel its not a surprise that something had to give.

Great spot to visit at 2am! haha. Not surprised to see it go, anytime I was in there during the day/evening time it was dead.

Still no matter how questionable the standard of food in there sometimes, its always sad to see a business go, no matter what, especially so close to Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Nice photos.

However, call me Mr Picky but the smoke (steam) in the first picture is from Medite, not Bulmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

+ 1 on that.

I worked in Bulmers for years and no smoke like that ever came from there. It's from the stacks in Medite which is behind Bulmers and it's actually steam not smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Noooo! :(

Where's the best place in town to get Taco Chips after a night out?
    Mayfair used to do lovely ones before they closed down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Mace in Irishtown gone too apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Mayfair will be opening again soon afaik

Mayfair will be opening again soon afaik

It is open, just under a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

That'll tell you the notice i took the last time i passed it :o

Mace in Irishtown has closed. The opening of the Town House Deli next door killed a lot of its school trade, sandwiches, rolls etc all the school kids simply went next door instead. The owner also owns a larger premises in Moangariff so I'd say he decided to put all efforts into that. Pity as all of us older Clonmellians will remember the pre mace days when it was known as Mammy Walshes

BTW a noodle bar has opened further down Irishtown on the corner with O Neill Street. Was busy in there when I passed Saturday so best of luck to them. Ma Ryans and the 19th Hole have also re-opened under new management up that end of town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

In my days working in a certain (now extinct) multinational computer company,
    there was a challenge known as the tour of Irishtown and that was simply to have a pint in every pub from the meat factory to the West Gate.

I never did it myself (I think we usually got stuck in Kinsella's).

Nowadays it would be much less of a challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

cml387 wrote: »
    In my days working in a certain (now extinct) multinational computer company,
    there was a challenge known as the tour of Irishtown and that was simply to have a pint in every pub from the meat factory to the West Gate.

I never did it myself (I think we usually got stuck in Kinsella's).

Nowadays it would be much less of a challenge.

Manys the time I did that tour,by the time I reached Daly's I was in good form,walking backwards,but in good form...:D

Mace in Irishtown has closed. The opening of the Town House Deli next door killed a lot of its school trade, sandwiches, rolls etc all the school kids simply went next door instead. The owner also owns a larger premises in Moangariff so I'd say he decided to put all efforts into that. Pity as all of us older Clonmellians will remember the pre mace days when it was known as Mammy Walshes

I remember Mammy Walshes well.Any idea who is running Ma Ryans now?

I see they put up part of the flood barrier yesterday,down by the GasHouse bridge.It was still there this morning...I didnt get a chance to get a proper look to see how high the rive was.Any one down that way today?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

The noodle bar looks good I passed it this evening and its kitted out real nice must give it a try. Any reports on the food?

Flood barriers were up Tuesday morning anyway down at Gas House Bridge. Havent tried noodle bar yet but its on the to do list for this weekend. 2 friends tried it last Saturday and said it was nice and got a free can of coke with their order.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Its called crazy noodles and I had the lunch deal a box of chicken noodles and a can for 5.50 very tasty. Had the Garlic and spicy chilli sauce. Hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I passed AbraKababra today and it looks like it has closed also...another one bites the dust unfortunately !!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

solerina wrote: »
    I passed AbraKababra today and it looks like it has closed also...another one bites the dust unfortunately !!

Some of the guys have already posted about this just a page ago! Sad times it's closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭epiphone

I remember mammy welches too. Do you remember Flogger Dee's, Ned Ryans and Ma Wrenns?

Advertisement