Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

the river is nice and high it's a pity they all don't go and jump,they're destroying us and the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

i agree,town is quickly closing down such a shame people in higher positions wont help...and they people who write a book about how they spend millions and cant get pay it back are heros...while the people who pay their bills and have business in town for years are laughed at when they need help....i must go get myself a English reg car you can park anywhere in Clonmel for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

i was just going to buy shoes online this morning but i said i'd give a local shoe shop a call and believe it or not they were cheaper than you'd get on the net so maybe a lesson learned.

Firm beliver in buying local and supporting local businesses too but business people of Clonmel should know that too,and treat local people with a bit of respect..so annoying to be served by someone who is on the phone etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I see Supermacs are currently recruiting for a general manager for the new Supermacs in Clonmel.

http://www.supermacs.ie/job-vacancies/general-managers-dublin-.254.html

• Advertisement

you are wrong..unless it has a green plate(up to date)not for home use which it is,not for Clonmel Town soccer training(which it is)not for parking in wheelchair zone(which it is i.e Niamhs,Mr Bumbles,etc for lunch)COME ON PEOPLE.

Bet Matt Cooper wont talk to George about this on Today Fm...did the Nationalist run the story does any1 know i didnt see it.???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Not sure about Town closeing down as someone put it. Clonmel is like any other town in the counrt during this recession struggling but as a lower amount of vacant units than Limerick, Waterford and Ennis i.e. the 2 closest cities and a town of similar size. Supermacs are locating themselves on the bypass I'd imagine?

i put it.Really u sure bout that...look at how mant local businesses closed lately...Supermacs WOW more fast food thats all we need.

CBRE report October 2012, has Limerick, Athlone & Waterford has the 3 towns/cities with highest number of vacant units

• Advertisement

Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

copy1 wrote: »
    Bet Matt Cooper wont talk to George about this on Today Fm...did the Nationalist run the story does any1 know i didnt see it.???

Follow the story here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056809915

See Clonmel has 2 public electric car charging points just saw then in the last week.

http://www.esb.ie/electric-cars/electric-car-charging/electric-car-charge-point-map.jsp

1. In Superquinn carpark between the main entrance and exit
    2. Mary Street Carpark between the back entrance of AIB and the old Ulster Bank branch wall.

Wonder will this help sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

snipey wrote: »
    the river is nice and high it's a pity they all don't go and jump,they're destroying us and the town.

Not a very constructive post, if you do not have anything better to say you would be better off saying nothing. I see this is only post # 67 for you I hope you can learn to be more constructive and positive. Maybe you might even consider changing your name, that might be start, and you would be the person I am sure, to gain most.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

snipey wrote: »
    i was just going to buy shoes online this morning but i said i'd give a local shoe shop a call and believe it or not they were cheaper than you'd get on the net so maybe a lesson learned.

Well done, it's hard to try on a pair of shoes on line also remember that no on line store pays the local rates!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

i must go get myself a English reg car you can park anywhere in Clonmel for free.

Yea, it's a great way to bring yourself to the attention of the Gardaí if that's want you want.

Amazing that local businessmen in Clonmel dont seem to have that problem in the last 18 months.

Amazing that local businessmen in Clonmel dont seem to have that problem in the last 18 months.

Why be sexist? We also have a great number of really good business women in Clonmel as well?

never seen a woman drivin english reg cars in Clonmel for last year and a half..women have more sense:)

never seen a woman drivin english reg cars in Clonmel for last year and a half..women have more sense:)

Over and out thank you, take care !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I really do hope you mean this...
    Xenophile wrote: »
    Over and out thank you, take care !

...because your previous posts were on the brink of earning yourself a ban from the forum.

Not a very constructive post, if you do not have anything better to say you would be better off saying nothing. I see this is only post # 67 for you I hope you can learn to be more constructive and positive. Maybe you might even consider changing your name, that might be start, and you would be the person I am sure, to gain most.
    Why be sexist? We also have a great number of really good business women in Clonmel as well?

REPORT posts that you think are problematic or in breach of the Charter. Do NOT take it upon yourself to chastise another poster here. Consider this your only warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

ciano1 wrote: »
    I see Supermacs are currently recruiting for a general manager for the new Supermacs in Clonmel.

http://www.supermacs.ie/job-vacancies/general-managers-dublin-.254.html

Anyone know where they will be located as i thought they were going into old reault garage on bypass but that now is up for lease

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Royco wrote: »
    Anyone know where they will be located as i thought they were going into old reault garage on bypass but that now is up for lease

I see a bit if work going on in Menarys could it be going there? Grand central location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Royco wrote: »

Was up in Tesco today and there is construction going on beside the warehouse and there is a Supermacs truck parked there as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

Menarey's seems to have ground to a halt again. Pity. I used love browsing there. There are so few browsable shops in the town now!
    What do ye think of the new roundabout at the railway station? I hope they grit it in this weather!

that would good location for Supermacs,main street,i taught that was meant to be going into GBM garage?

yeah that roundabout is a tricky1...i agree lots of salt on that 1

Supermacs are going in not at the GBM garage but at the site beside Tesco where there was a furniture store at one stage.

Menarys left Clonmel because of health and safety concerns regarding the building. How it passed regulations in the first place I will never know but there is serious subsidence there and also flooding in the basement. AFAIK Menarys highlighted these problems from an early stage but the owner refused to deal with them. Health and Safety became involved and closed the whole store down. Whether or not Menarys will return is debateable but that building is condemned at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I see The Original Rudeboys are coming to Danno's tomorrow night, sounds like a good crowd going aswell.

• Advertisement

Was that all rubbish about the Supermacs owner buying GBM (Renault) garage so?

Advertisement