Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

pooch90 wrote: »
    Good to see town busy on Friday night. The only exception seemed to be Tierneys.

Odd place that. Every now and then there's a spike in business but other times it's lowly. I was in there some months back and there was a fairly big crowd there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

Anyone know the best place to buy firewood? Looking for dry hardwood. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

barbie1 wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place to buy firewood? Looking for dry hardwood. Thanks.
    Star fuels,just off the bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

Anyone know a good store for buying second hand books?

ami1989 wrote: »
    Anyone know a good store for buying second hand books?
    All the charity shops have good stocks of used books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I see the Mayfair has closed it's doors yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Really ?

Since when?

They didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

Thanks but I was looking for an actual store. I find it very hard to find anything good in the charity shops in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nomonlyadics

That's too bad, I found the new people working there quite nice and funny.

Cerbera wrote: »
    Really ?

Since when?

They didn't last long.

Seems to be closed a week or two. No didn't last long, was only in there once and the chips were very nice but I did wait almost 15 mins for them!! And this was after the disco, a lot of people got sick of waiting and went up to ali's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Mayfair HAS NOT CLOSED DOWN. It is closed for 1 week only. Really and truly its not fair on people posting stuff on businesses closing when they are not. Its not the first time I have seen this happen on this forum, yet when a business opens there seems to be very little effort made to publicise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

There's the Market Place bookshop beside Superquinn (not a great selection in my opinion)

Tall Tales on Mitchell Street, while not second hand has a interesting selection of books. Can be very hit and miss but if you're interested in particular topics it can be good.

The Vincent de Paul warehouse down near the Quays have a large book shop and do regular sales (think it's every Friday).

Are there particular subjects that you are interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mayfair HAS NOT CLOSED DOWN. It is closed for 1 week only. Really and truly its not fair on people posting stuff on businesses closing when they are not. Its not the first time I have seen this happen on this forum, yet when a business opens there seems to be very little effort made to publicise it.

If you saw another fast food place with it doors closed for over a week at the end of the busiest time of the year with it being right beside O' Keeffes & Dannos would you not wonder either?

I might wonder but I wouldent be posting on the internet that it was closed. I know of 2 shops in town who had to nearly take out ads in the paper to stop this malicious nonsense from circulating and destroying an already hard hit economy. All I'm asking is that people think before they post anything as serious.

Verona (Mayfair) are only closed for a couple of weeks for renovations. They're doing a lot of reorganisation in there.

Apologies if this is the case. The place been shut the last few days gave the impression it was closed. I was merely stating the fact that it had closed on this forum, no harm intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Have tried it twice during the day, and loved it. Great choice in the sit down menu, gorgeous chips, friendly service, and good prices. Really like it. I found Mayfair a bit seedy, and never went back after I was asked if I was looking for drugs in there once, years ago, that was a weird experience :eek:. But the atmosphere in the new place is nice and homely, and I take my (little)daughter there confidently for a "girls dinner".

Staff are very friendly, chips are great (pre/post-pub!). Hopefully it does business. Although Lyons' chips are quite nice, I much prefer Verona and Parnells. Nice to be spoilt for choice.

ami1989 wrote: »
    Thanks but I was looking for an actual store. I find it very hard to find anything good in the charity shops in town.
    Theres a bookshop next to Superquinn, that, I think does second hand books. St Vincent dePaul have their store in Mulcahy House, Anglesea Street. You could try this number, I think it's the right one! 0526123878. It's run by a FAS CE Scheme. Happy hunting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Does anyone know why the gates to Powerstown Park are closed and when it might reopen to runners. thx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

AK333 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the gates to Powerstown Park are closed and when it might reopen to runners. thx

Oh no please not Powerstown Park closed as well :D

Powerstown Park always closes in Jan prior to the coursing meeting at the end of the month. It will re-open to the public at the beginning of feb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Powerstown Park always closes in Jan prior to the coursing meeting at the end of the month. It will re-open to the public at the beginning of feb

Thanks for that, I had forgotten about the coursing. I'll have to run around pat o'callaghan centre instead.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

There's always Clonmel Og. Plenty of people run the boundaries of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Id say it could be closer to the start of March...coursing meeting is on the weekend 1-4 Feb so def not before then anyway.

You can try Tipperary institute field opposite Clonmel Og for running, grand space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Is Magner's pub closing down on Friday? anyone hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Yup,closing tonight

tippspur wrote: »
    Is Magner's pub closing down on Friday? anyone hear anything.
    WHAT? Shutting before the Coursing? The Coursing Festival doesn't seem to have the appeal it once had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WHAT? Shutting before the Coursing? The Coursing Festival doesn't seem to have the appeal it once had.

Of course it still has appeal, it will still draw in a huge crowd to the town, many of the local B&Bs are completely booked out for it, maybe the Lease for the pub is up on Friday?

Maybe the pub is so badly off it can't survive until the coursing, there are many reasons why it could be closing.

Advertisement