Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

copy1 wrote: »
    talks of a supermarket as well going in down there.

Have often wondered why there's no butcher in there, would make sense.
    Great news about TK Maxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭touts

Great news about TK Maxx (great for mens clothes and kitchen stuff) but where are they going to go in the Showgrounds. They tend to be quite large stores don't they? I would have thought the units that were left were all fairly small by TK Maxx standards. Maybe they can combine two units.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Tk Max is coming to Showgrounds in September.

Fantasic - more places for me to spend all my wages :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good news if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

tippspur wrote: »
    Good news if true.
    yippee...... Roll on TKMaxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

It's been rumoured they were coming since it opened. Hopefully they might actually appear this this time.

Went to the new greyhound stadium last. Very impressive. Well worth a visit. Lets hope it's well supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

touts wrote: »
    but where are they going to go in the Showgrounds.

The empty unit in the corner opposite BBs is very big.

That would be the most likely place for them to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Cerbera wrote: »
    The empty unit in the corner opposite BBs is very big.

That would be the most likely place for them to go.

You have it in 1 there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Went for a slow jog :o up the new footpath beside the bypass from Heywood Road to the roundabout and back - can't wait for them to finish it, it was great.

• Advertisement

AK333 wrote: »
    Went for a slow jog :o up the new footpath beside the bypass from Heywood Road to the roundabout and back - can't wait for them to finish it, it was great.
    Going all the way out to Cahir road roundabout is it?

tippspur wrote: »
    Going all the way out to Cahir road roundabout is it?

Yes it is. Well I'm assuming it does, I didn't go all the way along it and I'm not sure about the dogs at the Halting Site. The footpath is finished but the cycling tarmac section has a small bit to be finished near Heywood Road. I'm sure it will be popular with joggers/walkers and cyclists. When I was jogging today I did wonder why it hadn't been done at the time of the bypass construction, when it would have been an obvious addition.

Yes it is. Well I'm assuming it does, I didn't go all the way along it and I'm not sure about the dogs at the Halting Site. The footpath is finished but the cycling tarmac section has a small bit to be finished near Heywood Road. I'm sure it will be popular with joggers/walkers and cyclists. When I was jogging today I did wonder why it hadn't been done at the time of the bypass construction, when it would have been an obvious addition.
    That's great,hope to go running out that way soon so,often wondered myself why they never done it originally.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/radio-hosts-insult-to-blind-competition-winner-3375650.html

Radio host's insult to blind competition winner
    By BRENDAN PERRY
    Sunday February 03 2013
    WHEN a blind woman rang a Tipperary radio station to complain that a text competition for tickets to a Kilkenny Tipperary hurling match in Croke Park was "unfair to the visually impaired" she got a rude awakening.

"There is no point in her winning the tickets anyway as she wont be able to see the match," the presenter of Tipp Today said on air. A listener then complained to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI).

"Overall the discussion was not considered by the committee to constitute an example of the treatment of people with disability that was justified or appropriate," said the BAI.

The Tipp Today presenter said he had "no comment" to make on the decision.

The same listener, a Mr Shanahan, also complained about another aspect of the show – and that complaint was also upheld.

Two texters to the show related how their friends claimed they had been present in hair salons where women of African origin had their hair braided in a cultural fashion.

The texter's friend claimed the women didn't pay for their appointments but the local HSE Welfare officer did, at a cost of €300.

The presenter then proclaimed: "If it is true it is a disgrace, we'll let the listeners decide" and also asked the owners of the hair salon to contact the radio station.

The complainant said that the basis of the story was "hearsay and innuendo".

The BAI decided to uphold the complaint in part, while taking into account that broadcasters are required to ensure that on-air content meets the requirements of the BAI's codes and rules, and to ensure programmes do not contain material that could be reasonably be expected to prejudice respect for human dignity.

- BRENDAN PERRY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Usually polite/etiquette to post the article.
    Radio host's insult to blind competition winner

By BRENDAN PERRY

Sunday February 03 2013

WHEN a blind woman rang a Tipperary radio station to complain that a text competition for tickets to a Kilkenny Tipperary hurling match in Croke Park was "unfair to the visually impaired" she got a rude awakening.

"There is no point in her winning the tickets anyway as she wont be able to see the match," the presenter of Tipp Today said on air. A listener then complained to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI).

"Overall the discussion was not considered by the committee to constitute an example of the treatment of people with disability that was justified or appropriate," said the BAI.

The Tipp Today presenter said he had "no comment" to make on the decision.

The same listener, a Mr Shanahan, also complained about another aspect of the show – and that complaint was also upheld.

Two texters to the show related how their friends claimed they had been present in hair salons where women of African origin had their hair braided in a cultural fashion.

The texter's friend claimed the women didn't pay for their appointments but the local HSE Welfare officer did, at a cost of €300.

The presenter then proclaimed: "If it is true it is a disgrace, we'll let the listeners decide" and also asked the owners of the hair salon to contact the radio station.

The complainant said that the basis of the story was "hearsay and innuendo".

The BAI decided to uphold the complaint in part, while taking into account that broadcasters are required to ensure that on-air content meets the requirements of the BAI's codes and rules, and to ensure programmes do not contain material that could be reasonably be expected to prejudice respect for human dignity.

- BRENDAN PERRY

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Went to the new greyhound stadium last. Very impressive. Well worth a visit. Lets hope it's well supported.

New greyhound stadium is very good. Just the right size and the food and service looked excellent. I did not dine, however the tables were full and lots of empty plates going back. Hope they get the corporate gigs.

Only slight annoyance is that it was built by a Wexford contractor and local contractors could not even tender, so I was told anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Anyone know what is being built near tesco? Supermacs??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Anyone know what is being built near tesco? Supermacs??

The Supermacs drive thru is going there as far as I know.

Yea i thought so seeing as there was a 40ft side curtain trailer with supermacs on it. Just wasnt sure. Rumers were that they were going in the old hunt's renault dealership on the carrigeen roundabout??

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Yea i thought so seeing as there was a 40ft side curtain trailer with supermacs on it. Just wasnt sure. Rumers were that they were going in the old hunt's renault dealership on the carrigeen roundabout??

Just for clarification, that old Renault dealership was Mordaunts - Coleville Hunt has always been working very well at the Cashel Road Roundabout

• Advertisement

Just for clarification, that old Renault dealership was Mordaunts - Coleville Hunt has always been working very well at the Cashel Road Roundabout
    Yea my mistake. It used to be GBM Renault. Hunt's are mitsubishi on the cashel road roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

There's an artists impression of the new Supermac's on the Clonmel Facebook page mentioned back there.

It looks slightly like an American Diner of the 50's, the sort where you drive up in your Chevvy.

Eddie Rockets have that similar style, mainly inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yes chance

can't you click on a link?
    posting the full article may be copyright problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

The said presenter hasn't been on air so far this week, I wonder is it just a coincidence ?

yes chance wrote: »
    can't you click on a link?
    posting the full article may be copyright problem

It's common around Boards to throw up the article as well as the link. Never heard anything about copyright issues.
    The said presenter hasn't been on air so far this week, I wonder is it just a coincidence ?

Eh? I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

anyone hear when tk maxx is coming to the showgrounds??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

anyone hear when tk maxx is coming to the showgrounds??

September I think.

lockie1983 wrote: »
    September I think.
    What year?

• Advertisement

Maryanne84 wrote: »
    What year?

2013 :-/

Advertisement