Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

tippspur wrote: »
    Another 2 euro shop is it ?

Yep I'm afraid so. I've been in the two in Waterford and they usually have a bit more on offer than the usual €2 shops, but yeah generally the same stuff. The closest I could compare it too is the one in the old Tescos.

This could be the start of a €2 price wars :)

Mr Bumbles is indeed open just saw a posting from a friend of mine on FB.

She said the food was very good hope it has a good standard and does well.

Does anyone know what type food they're serving there?? I heard a rumour today that it was now a Chinese.... Rumour is all it is mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Scary thing is folks, the Euro shops(generally UK owned) are the busiest places in Town!

Clonmel is turning into Lewisham high street and the local Council bod's are doing nothing to avert it!

HELLO F*CKHEADS WAKE THE **** UP!!

iceage wrote: »
    Scary thing is folks, the Euro shops(generally UK owned) are the busiest places in Town!

Clonmel is turning into Lewisham high street and the local Council bod's are doing nothing to avert it!

HELLO F*CKHEADS WAKE THE **** UP!!

Agreed but with the times we're living in the cheapest offer wins. It's not necessarily the best but every penny counts. These shops are making a killing out of this very fact..

Plus the council won't do anything about these shops as long as they pay rates. Bad an all as they seem, I'd much prefer one of them in a unit than have it sit empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Is there any areas that should be avoided in clonmel if you are intending to rent down there?

Not trying to be offensive but every town has a few areas which should be avoided if possible(i should know being from Limerick ciiiitaaaaay :P)

Could you pm me if you dont want to post the areas here, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Supermacs in Clonmel is open, called in wished Pat McDonagh the best. Looks well and the food was spot on for takeaway.

Must try something from the coffee dock and sandwich bar selection the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PurpleP

I was in the new Supermacs Clonmel today.. It is fabulous.. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜.. So fresh and bright.. It has Supermacs, Quiznos, Papa Johns and Tim Hortons..Had a lovely doughnut from Tim HortonsðŸ©ðŸ©Really impressed..ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Its not just a chipper caters for those who want coffee, sandwich, salad and pizza.

As said previously the building is lovely.

The BIG problem with the new Supermacs, is that those of us who are used to just driving on out of Tesco must remember to stop at the little roundabout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

The BIG problem with the new Supermacs, is that those of us who are used to just driving on out of Tesco must remember to stop at the little roundabout!

Agree 100%...I was only saying it yesterday as I was driving out.We will have to think about that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    Is there any areas in clonmel that should be avoided if you are looking for a place to rent in the town.

Go to Sinclare properties in Mary/Bolton street, they will sort you nout with whatever you need. I am a tenant through them, and have been for over 2 years. Any problems with the property, they sort out right away. I have no involvement with them other than being a tenant, and I am very satisfied with their service. Try them.:D

Bad an all as they seem, I'd much prefer one of them in a unit than have it sit empty.

At least it provides badly needed jobs in the town.

No, those driving out of Supermacs have to stop for you, read rules of the road, give way to trafic coming from the right.

mlumley wrote: »
    No, those driving out of Supermacs have to stop for you, read rules of the road, give way to trafic coming from the right.

I KNOW the rules of the road! Just been used to having NOTHING coming from the left that may be on the roundabout!

mlumley wrote: »

And you will have to give way to traffic going in to Supermacs,which is traffic from the right,Have another read of those rules:D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Have to laugh at the comment ref Clonmel turning into Lewisham High Street??? Unreal.....

did anyone see the signs all over the Bypass all weekend "We buy houses fast"??? Supermacs seemed to be doing well over the weekend, new place for lunch for anyone working in Chadwicks etc

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

Yes I saw them too. Reminds me of the vultures coming to feast on the kill... Wonder who they are? Obviously cashed up. They don't pay for signage so maybe that is how they save the moolah....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I cannot say I am happy about supermacs being built on the outskirts of town.

The last thing Clonmel needs is another reason for folks to avoid the town centre. Clonmel is dying on its feet with practically nothing in the centre and large shopping centres on the outskirts offering free parking keeping people from keeping the town centre alive.

This is what has happened in the UK and it's exactly whats happening here. Fuelled partly by short sightedness of our planners or perhaps something more sinister.

It also makes people even more reliant on having a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Fuelled partly by short sightedness of our planners or perhaps something more sinister.

What might you be suggesting here?! Had to ask I aint challenging you now or anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Any word how good or bad Bumbles is,I heard it's taken over by a Chinese person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

I cannot say I am happy about supermacs being built on the outskirts of town.

The last thing Clonmel needs is another reason for folks to avoid the town centre. Clonmel is dying on its feet with practically nothing in the centre and large shopping centres on the outskirts offering free parking keeping people from keeping the town centre alive.

This is what has happened in the UK and it's exactly whats happening here. Fuelled partly by short sightedness of our planners or perhaps something more sinister.

It also makes people even more reliant on having a car.
    i disagree and welcome anything outside the town centre. let it and its parking fees die

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

[QUOTE=jkmanc19 Supermacs seemed to be doing well over the weekend, new place for lunch for anyone working in Chadwick's etc[/QUOTE]

Chadwick's and Sean O'Donoghue Ltd. Motor Parts are now open through lunch.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

What I like most of all about Supermacs, out of town far from the madding crowd plenty of room to park and chill out for a light lunch.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Chadwick's and Sean O'Donoghue Ltd. Motor Parts are now open through lunch.

I presume they stagger their lunch break,surely to God they let them eat!

LoveCoke wrote: »
    i disagree and welcome anything outside the town centre. let it and its parking fees die

Why do you want the chains to push out the locals ?
    its the stupid decisions of the Councillors not the (extortionate) rate paying shop keepers that has the car parking costs making people avoid the centre, and it's the local shops that will die.

It wont be long before there isn't one local shop owned by local folk giving real choice left in any town in Ireland. We will end up like the US and UK where all towns look like replicas of each other with only chain stores available as an option.

Next you'll not want people to travel to different places, sure what would be the point it'll be exactly the same as in you own town !

Why do you want the chains to push out the locals ?
    its the stupid decisions of the Councillors not the (extortionate) rate paying shop keepers that has the car parking costs making people avoid the centre, and it's the local shops that will die.

It wont belong before there isn't one local shop owned by local folk giving real choice left in any town in Ireland. We will end up like the US and UK where all towns look like replicas of each other with only chain stores available as an option.

Next you'll not want people to travel to different places,
    sure what would be the point it'll be exactly the same as in you own town !
    i did not say that. when in clonmel we never.shop in town centre. we will not pay for parking. we can shop anywhere we like, so can others

LoveCoke wrote: »
    i did not say that. when in clonmel we never.shop in town centre. we will not pay for parking. we can shop anywhere we like, so can others

But who are opening on the outskirts ? Tesco, Supermacs -> the chains
    The town centre is dying, and the local shop keepers who aren't at fault are suffering.

But who are opening on the outskirts ? Tesco, Supermacs -> the chains
    The town centre is dying, and the local shop keepers who aren't at fault are suffering.
    ok so i support Tesco,Supermacs marks and spencer etc. so what?my choice. i would support them before local
    The town centre is dying, and the local shop keepers who aren't at fault are suffering
    not my problem. we do not pay parking charges

That is the problem with most large towns and cities not easily addressed especially since Clonmel is one of the main trading towns in the South East.

For it to keep that status the council had to allow out of town retail expansion as happened. Their is no easy solution.

Look at Lismore an example of a small town that did not allow ring road development, yes its picturesque and gets the tourists however is a rubbish shopping and trading town.

• Advertisement

I should also say that RednoseWine has moved to the Regal Centre, beside M&S Shopping center
    http://www.rednosewine.com/home/about/profile/test1/

a nice new shop with an excellent choice of wines you will not find anywhere else. Best of luck to Gary in the new premises.

Advertisement