Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Hose pipe ban issued in South Tipp…
    16 Jul, 2013 - Ban effective immediately and will be in force for 4 weeks...
    South Tipp County Council has been issued a hose pipe ban.
    The ban is being placed on all County Council, town council
    and borough councils effective immediately.
    The Emergency Notice will be in place for a period of 4 weeks.
    South Tipp County Council say they have been forced to implement
    the ban, as a result of severe water shortages due to the hot weather.

http://www.tippfm.com/news/detail/hose_pipe_ban_issued_in_south_tipp

Absolute joke tbh. Leaky pipes everywhere. Cant understand that during the good times that the water infrastructure was not improved. After our wet winter there should be plenty of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Absolute joke tbh. Leaky pipes everywhere. Cant understand that during the good times that the water infrastructure was not improved. After our wet winter there should be plenty of water.

The water is treated, and then fed through the infrastructure. Yes we get a lot of rain, but, it doesn't fall from the sky pretreated and ready to drink

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I've found South Tipp very good for dealing with leaking pipes.

This strikes me as a good idea for precautionary reasons, since there is no end in sight of the dry spell.

Of course the entitlement people will always say "why shouldn't I use as much water as I want blah my taxes blah blah"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    The water is treated, and then fed through the infrastructure. Yes we get a lot of rain, but, it doesn't fall from the sky pretreated and ready to drink

I'm more than aware of that! The water table at current levels has more than enough resources available, the problem is the infrastructure, mostly in rural areas is probably circa 100 years old which uses up vital resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

sonyvision wrote: »
    Hi Clonmel,

Not from the area but I work in clonmel, could some 1 recommend a garage that will service a 2010 renault with a reasonable price ??

And possibly give me a replacement car ??
    MH Motors-Mark hassett in Gurnafleur is a top bloke and great mechanic.
    Wouldn't go anywhere else.

+35352 612 5611

There's a thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056677364

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Looks for recommendations for nail bars in clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

oh how the tables have turned for George Mordaunt,best of look renting your old building.

copy1 wrote: »
    oh how the tables have turned for George Mordaunt,best of look renting your old building.

Don't tell me, is he back to eating shepherds pie?

out of the Nissan building in months time and back renting old GBM from Supermacs(for a matter of time from what i hear).
    i bet his dad (a pure gentlman) is sick over the mess his boy has done AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I thought the Nissan showroom (Davis Rd) was owned by him/the Family.

• Advertisement

the bank owns every showroom in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

No doubt he'll be all over the media blaming the banks for his latest troubles and using the opportunity to plug his books and "financial advice" service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Hose pipe ban issued in South Tipp…
    16 Jul, 2013 - Ban effective immediately and will be in force for 4 weeks...
    South Tipp County Council has been issued a hose pipe ban.
    The ban is being placed on all County Council, town council
    and borough councils effective immediately.
    The Emergency Notice will be in place for a period of 4 weeks.
    South Tipp County Council say they have been forced to implement
    the ban, as a result of severe water shortages due to the hot weather.

http://www.tippfm.com/news/detail/hose_pipe_ban_issued_in_south_tipp

So have they any hope of actually imposing that ban? If someone pulls out a hose and starts watering their garden and washing their car will the council be able to do anything about it? I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

How do you know there is a hosepipe ban? I've received nothing from the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

barbie1 wrote: »
    How do you know there is a hosepipe ban? I've received nothing from the council.
    Here

and

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

out of the Nissan building in months time and back renting old GBM from Supermacs(for a matter of time from what i hear).
    i bet his dad (a pure gentlman) is sick over the mess his boy has done AGAIN
    how do you know this?

i just do,you ll see in months time,if you check there website you ll see they are closing for week,to transfer.

its not a secret,lots of people talking about it.what goes around comes around.

its not a secret,lots of people talking about it.what goes around comes around.
    lots of people who? can you not give a source if you are so sure?

why would i?does it make a differance if i m wrong

• Advertisement

why would i?does it make a differance if i m wrong
    you seem very angry

dont mean to be with you.Sorry if i offended.

dont mean to be with you.Sorry if i offended.
    not angry with me but in general
    Sorry if i offended.
    no it ok

it hurts when you see people been praised,getting media attention when you know what the are really like.

Is he still driving the foreign reg car?

He sure is,that just beats me how he can get away with that.

Thanks cml387 for posting the links for clarification.

I'm not a regular reader of the South Tipperary County Council website or the Herald.

I heard it this am on the morning programme on TV3.

Thanks cml387 for posting the links for clarification.
    I'm not a regular reader of the South Tipperary County Council website or the Herald.
    I heard it this am on the morning programme on TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

He sure is,that just beats me how he can get away with that.

It beats me too and heres why:

A few years ago I was unfortunate to be stopped by Customs driving a friends UK registered car. This friend was home on holidays and let me take it into town, Everything was above board like insurance etc. The customs officer gave me a seriously hard time and threatened to seize the car and fine me. In the end I was able to get the owner to come into me and prove that he owned the car and that he had lent it to me. The Customs officer showed me some regulations stating that even though the car was not here illegally it was still illegal for an Irish resident to be driving it here.

Now Georgie has mentioned on the radio a few times that the car is "Not His" and that its belonging to some company in the UK who let him use it. So in essence he is breaking the law and should have had the car seized long ago..

My opinion on the whole thing and its wholly my opinion nothing else is that Georgie like so many other lads who went bust during the recession is setting himself up in the UK for a nice soft bankruptcy and having a UK registered car in his name would go someway towards showing that he has based himself in the UK as is part of the bankruptcy proceedings. I could be wrong but it does look fishy that he has had that UK reg Jag for a long time on the road.

ANyway, off topic. The old Mordaunt showroom would be ideal for Barlows to pickup cheaply to support their new Nissan dealership. Im sure they'd have to build something on the current premises to keep Nissan there as very few manufacturers would be keen on A: A dealer selling their cars in a showroom with another manufacturer. Or B: From a trailer in the carpark.

• Advertisement

It beats me too and heres why:

A few years ago I was unfortunate to be stopped by Customs driving a friends UK registered car. This friend was home on holidays and let me take it into town, Everything was above board like insurance etc. The customs officer gave me a seriously hard time and threatened to seize the car and fine me. In the end I was able to get the owner to come into me and prove that he owned the car and that he had lent it to me. The Customs officer showed me some regulations stating that even though the car was not here illegally it was still illegal for an Irish resident to be driving it here.

Now Georgie has mentioned on the radio a few times that the car is "Not His" and that its belonging to some company in the UK who let him use it. So in essence he is breaking the law and should have had the car seized long ago..

My opinion on the whole thing and its wholly my opinion nothing else is that Georgie like so many other lads who went bust during the recession is setting himself up in the UK for a nice soft bankruptcy and having a UK registered car in his name would go someway towards showing that he has based himself in the UK as is part of the bankruptcy proceedings. I could be wrong but it does look fishy that he has had that UK reg Jag for a long time on the road.

ANyway, off topic. The old Mordaunt showroom would be ideal for Barlows to pickup cheaply to support their new Nissan dealership. Im sure they'd have to build something on the current premises to keep Nissan there as very few manufacturers would be keen on A: A dealer selling their cars in a showroom with another manufacturer. Or B: From a trailer in the carpark.
    what law is he breaking? can you prove it and if so and it upsets you why do you not report him?

Advertisement