Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Can it not be sold for animal feed?

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Can it not be sold for animal feed?

Doubtful after the foot and mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Maybe dog food and the lover grade stuff at that, as it will have to be declared as horse on the ingredients list.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

None of those links cost the amount of worthless horse meat Queally's have in stock that is effectively a 100% loss (will be a cost for disposal possibly), my understanding is that it is millions of euro.

The loss being made at Dawn Fresh Foods is miniscule in comparison.
    the amount isnot the issue, my point is the reason is not a secret needing inside sources, not since last feb anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Does anyone know if Benefit in the Showgrounds is purely cosmetics or do they have a brow bar also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

ami1989 wrote: »
    Would anyone know where I can buy a digital slr camera in town besides Argos and DID?

Did You buy, what are you interested in buying. Make model etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Can anyone recommend a good counsellor in the Clonmel/South Tipp area?

Any assistance much appreciated

Thanks and regards
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

What type are you looking for ?
    Marriage, Drugs/drink/addiction? or are you looking for a councillor as in County Councillor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

cheers will pass this on

Good crowd around town for the busking festival so far.....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

I think it's mostly cosmetic but they will do your make up. That's all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good counsellor in the Clonmel/South Tipp area?

Any assistance much appreciated

Thanks and regards
    Johnny

Hi,

I know a very good art psychotherapist in Clonmel. It works in a similar way to counselling or regular psychotherapy but you also use art, as well as talking. I've no great interest in art and I was never really any good at it but from my experience the art making helped me to get started, in telling my story with a "stranger". If you want any details I can pm the therapists name and mobile number.

copy1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know a very good art psychotherapist in Clonmel. It works in a similar way to counselling or regular psychotherapy but you also use art, as well as talking. I've no great interest in art and I was never really any good at it but from my experience the art making helped me to get started, in telling my story with a "stranger". If you want any details I can pm the therapists name and mobile number.
    pop psychology not recognised by hse, anyone can be art therapist

• Registered Users Posts: 2 copyhan

alyssum wrote: »

This is not true!! Art therapy is used in hospitals & hse funded organisations all over the country. Art therapy is a masters degree that requires 2 years Post graduate training. If seeking a therapist, ask for their qualification. Like most professions u will come across the odd cowboy but when trained therapists practice it is a very valid profession.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Incorrect. Art therapy is a recognised discipline and is used within a number of HSE linked (directly and indirectly ) organisations throughout Ireland.

To try and dismiss it as pop psychology is simply wrong.

As for anyone can be an art psychotherapist. Well yes as long as they work hard to receive the correct qualifications by going somewhere like UCD or similar and then getting practical experience.

Not only does it get used by the HSE and orginisations like CARI in Ireland, It is recognised, used and funded by the NHS in England, and most European countries see state funding go towards art psychotherapy. It is most definitely a recognised form of therapeutic treatment that requires it's practitioners to have the relevant qualifications.

As Copyhan has already said, there may be the odd chancer or cowboy, but don't let the odd con-person fool you into thinking that art psychotherapy is not a very real and very beneficial form of therapeutic aid to those who require it.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Incorrect. Art therapy is a recognised discipline and is used within a number of HSE linked (directly and indirectly ) organisations throughout Ireland.

To try and dismiss it as pop psychology is simply wrong.

As for anyone can be an art psychotherapist. Well yes as long as they work hard to receive the correct qualifications by going somewhere like UCD or similar and then getting practical experience.

Not only does it get used by the HSE and orginisations like CARI in Ireland, It is recognised, used and funded by the NHS in England, and most European countries see state funding go towards art psychotherapy. It is most definitely a recognised form of therapeutic treatment that requires it's practitioners to have the relevant qualifications.

As Copyhan has already said, there may be the odd chancer or cowboy, but don't let the odd con-person fool you into thinking that art psychotherapy is not a very real and very beneficial form of therapeutic aid to those who require it.

From last August
    http://www.nationalist.ie/what-s-on/arts-culture-entertainment/art-therapy-helps-vulnerable-young-members-of-society-1-4187414

"The Irish Association of Creative Arts Therapists (www.iacat.ie) is currently lobbying for official recognition of their profession by the HSE."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

From last August
    http://www.nationalist.ie/what-s-on/arts-culture-entertainment/art-therapy-helps-vulnerable-young-members-of-society-1-4187414

"The Irish Association of Creative Arts Therapists (www.iacat.ie) is currently lobbying for official recognition of their profession by the HSE."

And if you go onto the HSE site today in August 2013 and have a search around, you will find a number of HSE ran or funded departments and/or organisations that promote and use art therapy.

It is most certainly not pop psychology as you described it as, and it does take place now in HSE run hospitals in Ireland.

Kess73 wrote: »
    And if you go onto the HSE site today in August 2013 and have a search around, you will find a number of HSE ran or funded departments and/or organisations that promote and use art therapy.

It is most certainly not pop psychology as you described it as, and it does take place now in HSE run hospitals in Ireland.
    so does ECT

• Registered Users Posts: 30,559 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just saw this on The Showgrounds facebook page.

1146537_622801494418776_107491145_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

The term Art therapy, like many other professions in this country (for example psychotherapy & sports rehabilitation), is not yet a registered profession in Ireland. It costs money to pass a new bill through the Seanad, so it's been quite some time since any new profession has been added to the Goverenment list of registered professions.

The reason IACAT is lobbying to have Art Therapy registered by the government is not for recognition of it's validity. It is so that a formal pay scale can then be set with organisations like the HSE and schools.

I find it strange you feel the need to argue a point you obviously know little about. I'm not sure why you felt the need to throw in the use of ECT into this argument. While it is a medical practice that raises many questions, it is proven to have medical benefits. It has come a long way since it's use in mental asylums in the 40's & 50's.

• Advertisement

The term Art therapy, like many other professions in this country (for example psychotherapy & sports rehabilitation), is not yet a registered profession in Ireland. It costs money to pass a new bill through the Seanad, so it's been quite some time since any new profession has been added to the Goverenment list of registered professions.

The reason IACAT is lobbying to have Art Therapy registered by the government is not for recognition of it's validity. It is so that a formal pay scale can then be set with organisations like the HSE and schools.

I find it strange you feel the need to argue a point you obviously know little about. I'm not sure why you felt the need to throw in the use of ECT into this argument. While it is a medical practice that raises many questions, it is proven to have medical benefits. It has come a long way since it's use in mental asylums in the 40's & 50's.
    in my opinion therapy is a scam. you do not kniow how much or how little i know. Just because i do not say so does not mean i don't know.
    Any therapy can be made to look good by the way it is evaluated. David Healy says CBT looks good on Becks Depression Inventory as it is biased towards CBT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

in my opinion therapy is a scam. you do not kniow how much or how little i know. Just because i do not say so does not mean i don't know.
    Any therapy can be made to look good by the way it is evaluated. David Healy says CBT looks good on Becks Depression Inventory as it is biased towards CBT

Are you saying all therapy is a scam? If so,thats a very broad statement to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Grahamb23

Just moved to Clonmel and looking for good 5km running routes that anyone could recommend. The only ones I have been doing in from Tesco out to the cahir road and back and gets kinda boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

What about a run along the river bank from the Gashouse Bridge to Two Mile Bridge at Ferryhouse. That's a nice run and there's no traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Grahamb23

tinyk68 wrote: »
    What about a run along the river bank from the Gashouse Bridge to Two Mile Bridge at Ferryhouse. That's a nice run and there's no traffic.
    Ill check it out on the map thanks tinyk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

You can also use Powerstown Park. It's 1.4 miles of a lap around but a great place to run.
    Directions from tesco to the entrance of Powerstown Park:
    Here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Lads, I have been hearing good things about the Mayfair so I popped in last night.
    Have to say it was the best takeaway Fish and Chips I have had in years. Back to the hay days when Nicky himself or Sparky had it !

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Lads, I have been hearing good things about the Mayfair so I popped in last night.
    Have to say it was the best takeaway Fish and Chips I have had in years. Back to the hay days when Nicky himself or Sparky had it !

I think Sparky has a chipper in Fethard, if you're hankering after his chips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Grahamb23 wrote: »
    Just moved to Clonmel and looking for good 5km running routes that anyone could recommend. The only ones I have been doing in from Tesco out to the cahir road and back and gets kinda boring.

You might be interested in having a look at the men's "meet and train" group of Clonmel Athletic Group that meet on Monday evenings at 8.30pm at Pat O'Callaghan sports centre on Cashel Road - you might meet like minded folk to run with on other nights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

i just do,you ll see in months time,if you check there website you ll see they are closing for week,to transfer.

no sign of this move in the end

Advertisement