Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The chipper in Clarihan went on fire today,anyone know how bad it was? nice food in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

See George Mordaunt on RTE this evening......could be interesting.

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

What programme Johnny ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Taking Care of Business RTE1 2030

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deminiman

So George wants the rest of us to pay off his debt because he made mistakes and he found it difficult, and now he wants a fresh start. Has he learned anything???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

the work on the former fitzgerald and nash has begun

Kalyke wrote: »
    Taking Care of Business RTE1 2030
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10194190/

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    See George Mordaunt on RTE this evening......could be interesting.

Brgds
    Johnny

Haha,i love their is no jag in the shots,the staff are no where to be seen,do u wonder why??? and more lies from the man himself. Great tv licence money again for RTE.If any1 here backs him i d love to hear from you

I watched the programme.
    Firstly, you have to take your hat off to George, he basically told the banks to f**k off and they did.
    Don't think that George would be as forgiving if you bought a car off him and refused to pay him.
    Obviously there will be some pain for him but he is still living in a €1m house, driving an English reg jag and still has all the trappings of success.

Having said that, the arrogance of the man is immense(I was going to say unbelievable but nothing is unbelievable when you think of it).
    I can't afford €75 a month for Sky but I'm happy to go for a lesser package(and yes it has the Simpsons on Sunday for the kids, in fact RTE screen the Simpsons and you don't have to pay anything extra).

Before anyone forgets, the amount of Georges debt that is written off is being paid for by every citizen in the country

There was no mention of the other businesses that he has in town( they may not be in his name but he owns them no matter what way you look at it)
    Then he has the cheek to blame "professional advice" for his problems.
    News for you George, if you sold a dud car you would be sued so why not sue your professional advisors ?
    Lastly, he said that if he was in the US he could declare himself bankrupt and then start to trade again.
    Well George, off you go to the US, you won't be missed.

At the end of the day you took a gamble, you lost. Tough s**t

Maybe you could write a book about it .............. Oh wait.

Well said Vizzy

• Advertisement

Vizzy wrote: »
    I watched the programme.
    Firstly, you have to take your hat off to George, he basically told the banks to f**k off and they did.
    Don't think that George would be as forgiving if you bought a car off him and refused to pay him.
    Obviously there will be some pain for him but he is still living in a €1m house, driving an English reg jag and still has all the trappings of success.

Having said that, the arrogance of the man is immense(I was going to say unbelievable but nothing is unbelievable when you think of it).
    I can't afford €75 a month for Sky but I'm happy to go for a lesser package(and yes it has the Simpsons on Sunday for the kids, in fact RTE screen the Simpsons and you don't have to pay anything extra).
    News for you George, if you sold a dud car you would be sued so why not sue your professional advisors ?
    Lastly, he said that if he was in the US he could declare himself bankrupt and then start to trade again.
    Helso said that he would not give up sky as he had spent millions on refurbing on the showrooms etc but forgot it was not his money. The bit about what he could do in the states shows what he thinks of the people left to pay his bills

I loved how the people in Stone House were only the workers and family,he has nt a friend left in the world.He is only out for 1 person himself.My heart bleeds NOT he cant be to bad off,since he went on more then 1 holiday this year.

copy1 wrote: »
    I loved how the people in Stone House were only the workers and family,he has nt a friend left in the world.He is only out for 1 person himself.My heart bleeds NOT he cant be to bad off,since he went on more then 1 holiday this year.[/QUOTE]you seem to know a lot about him

His bit about screwing up jobs also shows he woukd have nothing if he did not have a rich pop

i know a lot is right,and yes only for daddy he would be no-where,and look how he paid him back,Brian Snr is a Gentleman and would do anything to help you if needed..unlike his sons

Don't fool yourselves lads/ladies about him not having a friend.
    There are loads of people in Tipp who lap up this kind of stuff and will staunchly defend George and his ilk cos "it is people like him, entrepreneurs, who are the backbone of the country".
    I have seen this personally when he is like the Messiah, surrounded by his disciples.
    Make no mistake, there are people in Portlaoise, or Portumna or Portrush who think he is the MAN .

More worrying is the fact that the likes of RTE are promoting this

I was amazed though that he made it out of the Conference in Cork alive.
    ( A bit like a black guy addressing the annual conference of the Klu Klux Klan)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Back to Clonmel News, Bakers bar are opening thier long awaited new bar tonight. Had a sneak peak earlier today and I must say its quiet nice in there. Hope it goes well for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

noticed the infamous Jag was not on show alright - id still like to know the mechanics of how he does it - i would do it myself if i could get away with it! as for being an "entrepreneur" - i don't see how selling japanese hatchbacks in rural Ireland in the family business is being an entrepreneur and i especially cant see how it can land you in near 18 million quids worth of debt - sure Pa and Clive Moore up the road from George have a similar stock of cars these days, operating out of a portacabin - but Pa is a 2nd hand car salesman, not an entrepreneur. Pa also had a franchise not that long ago, so many differences yet so many similarities between the two.

As for Bakers Bar, i might dag in tomorrow for a look, i really hope they do something with the urinal in the gents toilet - there is a sheet of ply that is soaking p1ss into it on the ground where you stand - pretty grim, otherwise its not a bad bar, i would go the odd time for one but only on the way to Phils.

dedocdude wrote: »

As for Bakers Bar, i might dag in tomorrow for a look, i really hope they do something with the urinal in the gents toilet - there is a sheet of ply that is soaking p1ss into it on the ground where you stand - pretty grim, otherwise its not a bad bar, i would go the odd time for one but only on the way to Phils.

Never noticed that to be honest. The new bar will hopefully liven up the scene in town a bit. I believe they're going for a different scene to O Keeffes, a more mature crowd.

With all the pubs closing down in the country its great to see one opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Back to Clonmel News, Bakers bar are opening thier long awaited new bar tonight. Had a sneak peak earlier today and I must say its quiet nice in there. Hope it goes well for them.

where is this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tommiet

Bakers is beside Phill Carrolls...

• Advertisement

Does Georges Missus have a business of her own? That might pay for the Sky package. Thought we might have been told how he was going to pay back the €18,000,000.

Does Georges Missus have a business of her own? That might pay for the Sky package. Thought we might have been told how he was going to pay back the €18,000,000.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

alyssum wrote: »

80M rte def said 18m

alyssum wrote: »

Bloody Hell, I thought they said 18. Mother of sweet divine Jesus!

Bloody Hell, I thought they said 18. Mother of sweet divine Jesus!
    maybe you are right some say 18 i have heard 80

Here is another thread about george

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Vizzy wrote: »
    I watched the programme.

Before anyone forgets, the amount of Georges debt that is written off is being paid for by every citizen in the country

There was no mention of the other businesses that he has in town( they may not be in his name but he owns them no matter what way you look at it)

At the end of the day you took a gamble, you lost. Tough s**t

Well said.
    The thing is George's only notable achievement to date is taking his Dad's good name and business he started from scratch and destroying it, yet he still thinks his achievements warrant his opninions being foisted on the rest of us. A proper cock if you ask me. I've known him since he was a kid by the way nothing new here.

Looks like George won't be moving for a while. The old Gbm garage is currently on fire. Gas main leak apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Looks like George won't be moving for a while. The old Gbm garage is currently on fire. Gas main leak apparently...
    Looks like not much damage done,passed down by it about half an hour ago,3 fire engines squad cars and gas board vans all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Can anyone tell me how the football county final finished. I know Commercials were up a point at half time.

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dieselbug wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how the football county final finished. I know Commercials were up a point at half time.

TIA

Check the GAA thread below this one :-)

Advertisement