Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

IMPORTANT

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

Chris___ wrote: »
    IMPORTANT

Let alone the health issues associated with these pylons. The website they mention doesn't give much information, but it looks as if this is coming our way whether we like it or not.:mad:

Befanis won out. It was a great choice. Food perfect. Everything fresh and delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Deminiman wrote: »
    Let alone the health issues associated with these pylons. The website they mention doesn't give much information, but it looks as if this is coming our way whether we like it or not.:mad:

like it or not...really another irish giveup....so who here will go to Clonmel park to see detail who here will protest against it???

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

hi guys. would anyone happen to know what time the bus goes to waterford in the morning?? it says 10 am but im assuming there is an earlier bus to bring students to WIT ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

A bus stops in Kilsheelan at about 7.40 so work back from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kjgf123

john 08 wrote: »
    hi guys. would anyone happen to know what time the bus goes to waterford in the morning?? it says 10 am but im assuming there is an earlier bus to bring students to WIT ??

As of last year the normal Clonmel to Waterford bus used to leave the station at 7.30 and a special wit bus left at 8.00, with both of these stopping outside wit.

However I think they have changed the timetable recently so you might want to double check these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

kjgf123 wrote: »
    As of last year the normal Clonmel to Waterford bus used to leave the station at 7.30 and a special wit bus left at 8.00, with both of these stopping outside wit.

However I think they have changed the timetable recently so you might want to double check these.

Yep there is definitely a bus from Clonmel to Waterford each morning around 7.30 ish. I pass it every morning on my way down and my passenger gets it when Im not travelling.

Best to ring Bus Eireann. Ive also heard of a cheaper bus bringing students to WIT but I cant remember who's running it. Ill make enquiries for you and get back to you on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

i got the 7.30 bus. thanks for the help all.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

[/Quote] like it or not...really another irish giveup....so who here will go to Clonmel park to see detail who here will protest against it???[/QUOTE]

That was my opinion, that it is going ahead anyway, based on the information given on the website mentioned and not 'another irish giveup' as you state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I went to the Eirgrid open day. There were lots of other people there also (arrived about 6.30pm). There were also plenty of staff who showed us around, gave us a history of the site, showed us a selection of the pylon types which might be used, showed maps etc. Thought it was very well done.

They are only at Stage 1 of 4 and won't be applying for planning permission until 2016 at the earliest. They've just finished a desk-based assessment and identified a number of potential routes (one of which goes through Tipp to Carrick and Waterford and the other goes through Lismore to Waterford) and are now looking for submissions and feedback. I brought up concerns over the magnetic field from the pylons and was told there have been no definite studies showing this. The magnetic field was compared to other household appliances (e.g. electric blanket, tv, computer) which have much stronger fields.

I'll reserve my judgement until I've had a chance to do some research and study the desk based assessment further and I'd encourage everyone to do the same rather than rushing to a reactionary decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

stayin in hotel minella on sat with the wife.any recommendations on decent pubs to drink in and watch some football on the telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The best pub in Clonmel IMO is Phil Carrolls, no good for the football as it doesn't have a TV,

I would go to Eldons for rugby matches, no idea what it would be like for the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Boscoirl wrote: »
    The best pub in Clonmel IMO is Phil Carrolls, no good for the football as it doesn't have a TV,

I would go to Eldons for rugby matches, no idea what it would be like for the football.

Fúcking hell, that wasn't even close to answering his question.

Mulcahy's is the best place to watch matches imo. Big projector screen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

callaway92 wrote: »
    Fúcking hell, that wasn't even close to answering his question.

Mulcahy's is the best place to watch matches imo. Big projector screen.

Disagree about mulcahys no atmosphere or banter. Gleesons is the best place for a match. 2 projector screens, small pub so good banter and atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Loughc wrote: »
    Disagree about mulcahys no atmosphere or banter. Gleesons is the best place for a match. 2 projector screens, small pub so good banter and atmosphere.

If I was going with a wife when we're on a holiday/break, I wouldn't want to be in Gleesons for something like a Liverpool match anyway. My €0.02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

If I was going with a wife when we're on a holiday/break, I wouldn't want to be in Gleesons for something like a Liverpool match anyway. My €0.02

Why single out Liverpool matches.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why not? Never too packed in there, safe place to be, good crowd and good craic. Liverpool aren't playing until Sunday so it will be a Liverpool free zone on Saturday haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

Phil's is the best pub (in the world) - partly cos it has no telly, partly cos of the music they play.

Since sky sports came into every house in the land, Pubs not really the place for matches anyway - i remember back in the day, Mulcahy's for a Liverpool Vs Utd league game, you could not get inside the door.

Id say Gleesons to watch a match would be ur best bet. Eldons for (big) rugby games - unfortunately lots of pubs just leave American Golf Tournaments run these days and its human nature to just stare up at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Was in the back bar in Bakers the other night. Great space but I was annoyed that the door of the smoking area was left open so all the smoke wafted back into the bar. Bloody joke. I really detest cigarettes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Was in the back bar in Bakers the other night. Great space but I was annoyed that the door of the smoking area was left open so all the smoke wafted back into the bar. Bloody joke. I really detest cigarettes.

Jim did they do a job on the jacks? wasnt in great shape before

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

dedocdude wrote: »
    Jim did they do a job on the jacks? wasnt in great shape before

I only had two pints and left. Bloody smoke! Hence, I didn't need the jacks so cannot report back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Women's toilets are a huge improvement. For a start there's more than one of them! Large sink area with mirrors as well and nice tiling scheme. However I was there the first weekend it opened and none of the toilets flushed plus the smell of smoke in the bar itself was really bad. Definitely need to keep the door closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Does anyone know what's going in to the O'Connell Mall site?

Beef wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's going in to the O'Connell Mall site?

Dealz is going in there

Thanks Loughc.

Just what we need, another discount retailer selling Fairy liquid, Chinese plastic toys and clothes pegs. :)

Thanks Loughc.

Just what we need, another discount retailer selling Fairy liquid, Chinese plastic toys and clothes pegs. :)

Hahaha. true, but in this economy they serve their purpose and it's nice to see an empty mall with something in it again :)

Ah yeah - it's much better than having the building rotting in the state that it was for the last couple of years. I was just hoping for something better when I saw them working on it over the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Thanks Loughc.

who give a rats a:):) what they are selling, as long as it gets folk into town and out of Tesco :)

happy an iconic centre in clonmel is opening back up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

I believe it's more of a supermarket with groceries than the likes of the euro shop. Huge shop unit now that it's all one space and it makes some difference having that redundant recess and horrible shutter gone from the main street.

Advertisement