Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

snipey wrote: »
    Ya cop on...

Why don't you go back to castigating the only man whois putting a few quid into the town and keeping at least 2 shops and a car dealership open.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Poor George,,he didn't get a mention for a while, he's moving over to the bypass, into Super Mac's.

snipey wrote: »
    Poor George,,he didn't get a mention for a while, he's moving over to the bypass, into Super Mac's.

So instead of saying "Do you need finance ?" he will be saying "Do you want fries with that ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Sovereign Burger and chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

Vizzy wrote: »
    Why don't you go back to castigating the only man whois putting a few quid into the town and keeping at least 2 shops and a car dealership open.:D:D

Only?

• Advertisement

RobAMerc wrote: »

traffic issues in clonmel - cop on

You are dead right of course, how silly of me .

I am sure that I can drive down O'Connell Street/Gladstone Street/Parnell Street next Friday or Saturday and pull in to my choice of parking spots.
    Sure aren't the Traffic Wardens reduced to being Parking Assistants (ala "back away,back away you have loads of room").
    That and clearing the tumbleweed off the street.

dedocdude wrote: »
    Only?

In his own mind at least !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Need a bit of guidance. My mother is visiting and has been told by a friend that there is a great range of shops for buying material (for patchwork and such). I can only think of Tangled Yarns on Davis Road, and maybe the Singer shop. Is there anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

pooch90 wrote: »
    Need a bit of guidance. My mother is visiting and has been told by a friend that there is a great range of shops for buying material (for patchwork and such). I can only think of Tangled Yarns on Davis Road, and maybe the Singer shop. Is there anywhere else?

Clonmel fabrics I think is the name, down by the court house and o dwyers just down from chawkes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Thanks a million johnny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

You are dead right of course, how silly of me .

I am sure that I can drive down O'Connell Street/Gladstone Street/Parnell Street next Friday or Saturday and pull in to my choice of parking spots.

So you are now claiming that because you can't get parking on the main streets in your choice of spot that Clonmel has traffic problems and therefore people should be charged heavily to park there ?
    You do realise there is a huge half empty car park in the centre of town coupled with others 2 mins walk away (also half empty)?
    The issue isn't the number of spots - its the price of them that's keeping folk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Can anyone on here post the link to mass times in Clonmel please? Cannot find the link....

Any assistance much appreciated

Thanks
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Can anyone on here post the link to mass times in Clonmel please? Cannot find the link....

Any assistance much appreciated

Thanks
    Johnny

Hope these are up to date

http://www.waterfordlismore.com/2010/09/clonmel-mass-times/

Apart altogether from the income side of it, why should there be free parking in the town centre ?
    So that every office worker can park their car at 8.30am and leave it on O'Connell Street until after 6.00 pm ?
    That will certainly improve traffic flow through the town and footfall in the shops in the town centre:rolleyes:

Tis even hard to find a safe place to lock me bicycle these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Hi folks, can anyone recommend a place to buy coal/briquettes/oil for a good price. I would like to buy in bulk so would like to do a deal if possible.

Just in case anyone is interested, Amber down the Waterford Road selling petrol at 1.50 a litre

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

AK333 wrote: »
    Hi folks, can anyone recommend a place to buy coal/briquettes/oil for a good price. I would like to buy in bulk so would like to do a deal if possible.

Just in case anyone is interested, Amber down the Waterford Road selling petrol at 1.50 a litre

thx

Star fuels, Junior Pollard or you could try the place behind the Texaco garage on the Waterford road. Probably best to ring them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Hope ye don't mind me jumping in here lads is it possible to get proper polish coal in Clonmel or surrounding areas anymore and if so where. I mean the shiny black stuff now not the dull stuff that contains a quarter bag of dust. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Hope ye don't mind me jumping in here lads is it possible to get proper polish coal in Clonmel or surrounding areas anymore and if so where. I mean the shiny black stuff now not the dull stuff that contains a quarter bag of dust. Thanks.

I got proper coal last year in the texaco on the Waterford road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Beef wrote: »
    I got proper coal last year in the texaco on the Waterford road.

I got a bag of stuff down there admitily last Sunday and it wasn't up to the usual standard

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Anywhere you can get real proper turf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

Any one know the story with Eddie rockets, First theres a name change to rockin joes with out any fuss or advertising and now their closed since last Thursday without any notice or signs up, Strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Royco wrote: »
    Any one know the story with Eddie rockets, First theres a name change to rockin joes with out any fuss or advertising and now their closed since last Thursday without any notice or signs up, Strange?

I'd say whoever had the Eddie Rockets franchise and thought they could do this without paying the franchise fee suddenly discovered they had to change the sign.... and the menues... and the uniforms, napkins, posters, recepies, furniture, jukeboxes, suppliers, etc, etc, etc.

Hopefully they will reopen in a few days when it is all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They owe 140 grand so twas seized by Nama, they're up in court Tuesday to try get it sorted should reopen soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I'm afraid that all credibility will be lost. At least with Eddie Rockets you knew what you were getting and the reputation of the brand was enough to entice people in.
    Unless it either re opens as Eddie Rockets or undergoes a complete restyling then it's doomed. And I feel sorry for the staff who presumably are caught up in this and maybe owed wages?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

cml387 wrote: »
    I'm afraid that all credibility will be lost. At least with Eddie Rockets you knew what you were getting and the reputation of the brand was enough to entice people in.
    Unless it either re opens as Eddie Rockets or undergoes a complete restyling then it's doomed. And I feel sorry for the staff who presumably are caught up in this and maybe owed wages?

You knew you were getting overpriced half-decent grub Eddie Rockets for the empty pockets!!

On a serious note though no chance of them re-opening under Eddie Rockets if anything more Rockin' Joes sprouting up as they already have done in Galway, Limerick, Cork and if Waterford reopens twill be a Joes too dunno what you mean by a restyling as isnt Rockin Joes a restyling??, Its the same Owner/building/staff etc. even if they want to try tell you otherwise its just to distance themselves from the franchise banner that is Eddie Rockets although I think some suppliers have changed as part of the rebrand. I'm with ya on the staff hopefully they will be grand and looked after for loss of earnings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

cml387 wrote: »

I disagree. The the footfall through the whole center means that resturant should do well no matter what the brand is. There is no place else to eat within a 10-15 minute walk of the centre so any shopper looking for a bite to eat is stuck with what the showgrounds provides. Therefore the alternatives are super expensive for what you get food in M&S or bland tastless expensive snacks in BBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

Just saw this on Facebook.

Rockin' Joe's Diner · 863 like this.
    13 hours ago · ..

Dear Customers,

In the early hours of Friday morning, Oct 18, NAMA entered our premises without permission at Showgrounds Shopping Centre, Clonmel and changed the locks to our diner.

The upsetting situation was discovered by our chef who, arrived at 9am for work. The diner has since remained closed despite an offer of rent arrears by our solicitor on Oct 14.
    Staff on all levels have been affected and are extremely upset by this situation. This is a sad and detrimental time for a local Irish business.

We would like to inform you all, that we will be fighting to get our diner back for the sake of our loyal customers and the livelihoods of our employees whom have been seriously affected by this situation.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to both our staff and customers and we will be striving to return to business as usual at our diner in Clonmel.

Brian Dunne
    Managing Director

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Royco wrote: »
    Just saw this on Facebook.

Rockin' Joe's Diner · 863 like this.
    13 hours ago · ..

Dear Customers,

In the early hours of Friday morning, Oct 18, NAMA entered our premises without permission at Showgrounds Shopping Centre, Clonmel and changed the locks to our diner.

The upsetting situation was discovered by our chef who, arrived at 9am for work. The diner has since remained closed despite an offer of rent arrears by our solicitor on Oct 14.
    Staff on all levels have been affected and are extremely upset by this situation. This is a sad and detrimental time for a local Irish business.

We would like to inform you all, that we will be fighting to get our diner back for the sake of our loyal customers and the livelihoods of our employees whom have been seriously affected by this situation.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to both our staff and customers and we will be striving to return to business as usual at our diner in Clonmel.

Brian Dunne
    Managing Director

I feel sorry for the staff but at the end of the day the guy has not paid his franchise and has clearly not paid his rent. He would have got plenty of chances to sort it out. Diffo more to the story than what was posted on facebook
    Hope somebody buys the business and keeps people in a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,485 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just saw on the showgrounds facebook. It's re-opening tomorrow at lunch time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

yep - saw the chef in there this morning and the lights were on. Has anyone eaten there since it became Rockin' Joes?

Advertisement