Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The crowds that have been in the shopping centre since TK Maxx opened have been huge so no reason why the restaurant which was always busy under both brand names shouldn't reap some extra trade now that its thankfully reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

The crowds that have been in the shopping centre since TK Maxx opened have been huge .

Have to agree the crowds are getting bigger there ok
    Still a few empty units in the showgrounds what would people like to see opening up there in otherwords what's missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

An Anne Summers shop or maybe a Tattoo Parlour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Royco wrote: »
    Have to agree the crowds are getting bigger there ok
    Still a few empty units in the showgrounds what would people like to see opening up there in otherwords what's missing?

A Toy Shop.

A Phone/Tech/gadget Shop

A computer game shop

A Butcher

An Optitcian

Icecream parlor

A proper mens shop with suits etc.

An accessories shop (the type teenagers love)

A shoe shop

A Barber

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

What's the story with the huge marquee erected in the car park of the Clonmel Park hotel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

cml387 wrote: »
    What's the story with the huge marquee erected in the car park of the Clonmel Park hotel?

Boxing competitions being held there this weekend I believe.

dedocdude wrote: »
    yep - saw the chef in there this morning and the lights were on. Has anyone eaten there since it became Rockin' Joes?

Yep, Had a meal in there about 2 weeks ago and it was basically the same as Eddie Rocketts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Definitely a butcher needed in the Showgrounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

I thought Country singer Nathan Carther was playing there Saturday night.....

maximo31 wrote: »
    I thought Country singer Nathan Carther was playing there Saturday night.....

Probably why the boxing is outside so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Probably why the boxing is outside so.

No he is playing in the tent Saturday night as there was an event already booked for the main Function room. I think Nathan Carter's gig is a Tipp GAA fundraiser.

pooch90 wrote: »
    Definitely a butcher needed in the Showgrounds!

I heard from one of james Whelans Staff, that Pat Whelan bought the rights for a butcher shop in the showgrounds when it opened a few years ago but has no interest in opening one there, it was just to stop anyone else opening one

maximo31 wrote: »
    No he is playing in the tent Saturday night as there was an event already booked for the main Function room. I think Nathan Carter's gig is a Tipp GAA fundraiser.

Its all part of the tipptober fest boxing, music, and bingo all over the weekend for the gaa

Yep, Had a meal in there about 2 weeks ago and it was basically the same as Eddie Rockets.

Read on the star yesterday Brian Dunne manager for the clonmel Eddie rockets owns others in limerick,cork,Waterford and clonmel and opted out of his contract with Eddie rockets and owed them €250,000 and it went to the high court, he now has to change the colour scheme including seats, design, menus, recipes and back pay the money, must be worth it its open again.

I heard from one of james Whelans Staff, that Pat Whelan bought the rights for a butcher shop in the showgrounds when it opened a few years ago but has no interest in opening one there, it was just to stop anyone else opening one

That's outrageous (if true)! TBH, if it was a James Whelans in there I would go elsewhere. All fur coat and no knickers. Much better quality and value to be gotten elsewhere in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

what butchers beats whealans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

snipey wrote: »
    what butchers beats whealans

Most.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

why is he going so well so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

In terms of quality and selction Whelans is among the best you'll find anywhere. But its expensive. For day to day eating I shop elsewhere but if we have guests or a special meal Whelan's is the first place I head to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Is Dealz opening Friday??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭klose

tippspur wrote: »
    Is Dealz opening Friday??

Was open today when i passed, looked very busy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

touts wrote: »
    In terms of quality and selction Whelans is among the best you'll find anywhere. But its expensive. For day to day eating I shop elsewhere but if we have guests or a special meal Whelan's is the first place I head to.

So you feed your guests better than yourself and your family feck that lad :-)

I don't find Whelans quality that great, their chicken fillets are scabby as hell.
    They used to have nice stir fries but now they're mainly veg and so overpriced.

Country Pork would be my choice if shopping in Clonmel but to be honest Tom O'Donnells butchers in Cahir is the best I've found. Galtee Burgers are AMAZING and I didn't even like beef burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I never found Whelans that great. There is loads of stuff disguised in stir fry's etc.

James seems to have done the auld Toyota trick of telling everyone that he/they are the best so much that people actually believe it.
    Someone actually told me Toyotas were "the best built cars in the world" one time ! - I imagine its the same with whelans.

he has also aligned himself with some fairly high end brands - he has a butchers in the Avoca shop in Monkstown in Dublin that has queues out the door for the most overpriced cakes sauces etc it simply has to be seen to be believed.

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I never found Whelans that great. There is loads of stuff disguised in stir fry's etc.

James seems to have done the auld Toyota trick of telling everyone that he/they are the best so much that people actually believe it.
    Someone actually told me Toyotas were "the best built cars in the world" one time ! - I imagine its the same with whelans.

he has also aligned himself with some fairly high end brands - he has a butchers in the Avoca shop in Monkstown in Dublin that has queues out the door for the most overpriced cakes sauces etc it simply has to be seen to be believed.

Whatever about the quality of his meat, he's a master marketer!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

I don't think you can go past Premier Meats for meat and Superquinn meat counter for steak is good too.

No confidence in Whelans. I have had experience of trying to buy meat that they had advertised in the free newspaper only to be told it was sold out! One week i was there Thursday, Friday and Saturday (10am) to be told it was sold out! Never been there since or never will!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

copy1 wrote: »
    out of the Nissan building in months time and back renting old GBM from Supermacs(for a matter of time from what i hear).
    i bet his dad (a pure gentlman) is sick over the mess his boy has done AGAIN
    Looks like this is coming true for Mordaunts,I saw workers down at the old GBM today putting up a new sign,MORD was up when I passed by.

tippspur wrote: »
    Looks like this is coming true for Mordaunts,I saw workers down at the old GBM today putting up a new sign,MORD was up when I passed by.

Yes passed it today mordaunts name is back up amazing for a fellow that owes €18M to banks and he has to rent his old building back off supermacs, what a "tool"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Well at least it will occupy what was becoming an increasingly vandalised building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

Yes passed it today mordaunts name is back up amazing for a fellow that owes €18M to banks and he has to rent his old building back off supermacs, what a "tool"
    Its not supermacs is it? Where GBM was on the bypass is not the same place as SMACS

Advertisement