Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Food opening in Bates (now renamed Coopers) in 2 weeks, I wish Emmet and Clare the best of luck. Hope it brings some more choice and quality to the town. If its done right it should do well, as the location is excellent and plenty of parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

New to the area and I'm just looking for a reliable taxi company in Clonmel. It's just for short journeys from one end of town to the other. Any replies most welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Aly(Alison Ahearn) cabs,she is so punctual,and very well priced compared to most.0877859771.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

New takeaway in Town, Lees Noodle bar, beside Domino's pizza. Genuine Chinese noodle bar, quick and sit down prices same as takeaway.

https://www.facebook.com/www.leesnoodlebar.ie?ref=stream

Would recommend it. Ideal for the kids as it beats chips as a takeaway option health wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

RobAMerc wrote: »
    lads, is Mordaunts Nissan gone from the Davis Rd ?
    If so I feel so sorry for Brian Senior seeing the company he built from scratch being finally put to rest.
    George is in the news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

blastit wrote: »

A bit harsh - people must really be out to get him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

I think it's fair enough to be honest. On a website like carzone you put up the total price, not sneak in little extras (€265 is not that little!). Especially when you probably filter your results by price anyway.

No its not. The ASAI apply the same codes to all. Even if it was malicious
    complaint it would not be upheld unless it broke the codes

his new garage is starting to take shape, all new windows gone in today, good luck to him and his employee's, at least he is giving employment to the town, and God knows we need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

snipey wrote: »
    his new garage is starting to take shape, all new windows gone in today, good luck to him and his employee's, at least he is giving employment to the town, and God knows we need it.

Ah for gods sake,you think he is taking on staff there,some chance of that.

• Advertisement

You must not know him at all,what goes around comes around:D

how is he going to service cars and do repairs when cars under warranty come back into him, maybe he's good on the spanners as well.

how is he going to service cars and do repairs when cars under warranty come back into him, maybe he's good on the spanners as well.

he does not have a dealership,so warranty work wont be done there,sure its the same way he ran Nissan building for last 2 years,he rings the 1 mechanic he has left if there is a booking.

i know it's not a dealership but he would have to give a warranty plus i'm sure he is going to service cars because that's where the money is

i know it's not a dealership but he would have to give a warranty plus i'm sure he is going to service cars because that's where the money is

If you a parts department/service etc.As for warranty any newer stuff such as the rubbish he is buying in from England would go to Main Dealership,as it has been doing for last couple of years.

I've a funny feeling you were stung by him

With all unemployed mechanics servicing cars in their back yards, there is no money is servicing.

with all the deals the main dealers are offering it's as cheap and safer to go to a main dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I have to agree with snipey on this.
    When I bought a car from George a few years ago, it gave me peace of mind knowing that it was being serviced by a proper garage rather than some of the cowboys who are fixing cars now.

Vizzy wrote: »
    I have to agree with snipey on this.
    When I bought a car from George a few years ago, it gave me peace of mind knowing that it was being serviced by a proper garage rather than some of the cowboys who are fixing cars now.

Thats the thing - they're NOT cowboys. They once worked for main dealers!

• Advertisement

Thats the thing - they're NOT cowboys. They once worked for main dealers!

Not the ones I'm talking about !
    I'd say some of them borrowed a library book and then started servicing cars.
    They are doing well though, I'll give them that.
    Wouldn't like to be trying to pass an NCT though :)

i'm in the process of trying to buy an English Reg jag so i hope his maintenance team can service it every year for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Apparently the mysterious female found in Dublin has Clonmel links,

Read on

cml387 wrote: »

Read on

I suppose it makes a change from Clonmel people staying with their relatives in Australia

cml387 wrote: »

Read on
    Poor kid. I feel so sorry for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

"I'd say some of them borrowed a library book and then started servicing cars.
    Wouldn't like to be trying to pass an NCT though :)[/QUOTE]"

What a load of rubbish.

In all honesty how long do you think it would take for a member of the public to see through someone like this?

How long would their reputation last?

With the complexity of todays cars there's very little room for cowboys with a library book. More likely highly trained professionals who have invested heavily in the complex and expensive equipment and training involved with modern servicing, repairs etc.

dieselbug wrote: »
    "I'd say some of them borrowed a library book and then started servicing cars.
    "

What a load of rubbish.

In all honesty how long do you think it would take for a member of the public to see through someone like this?

How long would their reputation last?

With the complexity of todays cars there's very little room for cowboys with a library book. More likely highly trained professionals who have invested heavily in the complex and expensive equipment and training involved with modern servicing, repairs etc.[/QUOTE]

I don't for one second think that every mechanic who is working from their shed/small garage is a cowboy.
    Two of my best pals are mechanics who have all the diagnostic tools etc to work on most makes of modern car.
    That being said, if a "little old lady" wandered in to a garage saying that there was a "noise" coming from the car, what would stop them or me from diagnosing a much more serious problem and charging accordingly.
    Why would our "little old lady" suspect anything ?
    Why wouldn't she extol the virtue of the great mechanic she used ?.

i'm in the process of trying to buy an English Reg jag so i hope his maintenance team can service it every year for me.

Haha maintenance team...at least George can give u tips on how to keep your Yellow reg.Best of your when your Engine light appears.

Not the ones I'm talking about !
    I'd say some of them borrowed a library book and then started servicing cars.

Total crap your talking,thats an insult to the long serving Mechanic.
    Your a main dealers dream customer...so keep lining the likes of Georgeys pocket for his 1 million euro house.

• Advertisement

"That being said, if a "little old lady" wandered in to a garage saying that there was a "noise" coming from the car, what would stop them or me .
    you are pretty nieve if you think a main dealer would not do that. i know of several cases where a dealer has told someone they need a huge amount of work/cost to pass nct and a 'backyard mechanic' or similar words as someone called them got them through for much less and knew the some of the thing s the garage said were needed were not

Advertisement