Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭masterboy123

So Nelson street is safe, thnx everyone for response!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Xenophile wrote: »
    Yes Mitchel Street, was known as the Narrow Street, colloquially as "de Narra Street", I can remember when two way traffic was allowed on this street and I don't mean pedestrian traffic.
    Good man Xenophile.I didn't think my post would need an explanation.;)

cml387 wrote: »
    Nelson Street is by the courthouse.

Perfectly safe.
    I passed up by the courthouse today and it looked like there was a big court case on,Lawyers with wigs walking around and paddy wagons parked up,looked serious now.I always thought court day was Thursday?

pooch90 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the pink flamingo signs are for on the roundabouts on the by-pass?
    Someone told me this has something to do with Bingo in the newly refurbished Piper Inn,anyone hear any more about it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

tippspur wrote: »
    I passed up by the courthouse today and it looked like there was a big court case on,Lawyers with wigs walking around and paddy wagons parked up,looked serious now.I always thought court day was Thursday?

Don't know when court day but I would be an even happier citizen of Clonmel and Ireland if the courts were in action every day to keep up with the level of scumbags out there and for us to have an adequate amount of facilities, be they prisons, detention centres, young offenders institutes, rehabilitation centres, etc, whatever is appropriate and effective for every instance. Sorry for the rant but especially after that horse burning incident in Tallaght (not Clonmel, I know) I'm getting annoyed how things are spiralling out of control in the crime / law and order part of our society. I know the police and customs are doing good work and to be fair there are frequent reports from customs about seizures which must put some sort of a dent in organised crime or at least some inconvenience but when 'Johnny (or whoever) 20 previous convictions O' Scumbag' gets off or only gets a slap on the wrist I dispare for my town, country and its decent people who are just trying to get on with things. Aarghh! Right, coffee and chill out time. I need that out folks. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

tippspur wrote: »
    As far as I know the big case involving the family held hostage in Killenaule was on....the 7 guys were in court,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

solerina wrote: »
    As far as I know the big case involving the family held hostage in Killenaule was on....the 7 guys were in court,

Surely local courthouses and Gardai are not equipped to handle the security for this kind of a trial. A small fortune was probably wasted putting lads from Dublin who are in Jail in Limerick on trial in the county in which the crime was committed because of some arcane rule with its origins in Norman times when the local magistrate got to try all local crime because it took days to get to Dublin. Surely all cases like this should be held in those shiny new courts of criminal justice in Dublin. I'll bet there wasnt a single lawyer, official, judge, Garda or Prison officer at the hearing who was not putting in an expense claim for travel.

Devans pup in Irishtown closing on Xmas eve I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Spiritiser

in cashel

thanks for the reviews about Nelson street.

I would like to know if anyone can share how much are the bills like every month? For 1 room apartment. Is the heating and electicity bill together? or any other bills that i should be aware of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

thanks for the reviews about Nelson street.
    I would like to know if anyone can share how much are the bills like every month? For 1 room apartment. Is the heating and electicity bill together? or any other bills that i should be aware of?
    That would depend on how much you use in electricity and heating or if the heating is gas. If it is all electric you would, unless there is some different arangement with the landlord, have to contact the electricity company. You may have to pay a deposit to the electricity company.If there is gas heating you would have to contact the gas company. There may be a deposit Sometimes electric and gas can be from the same company but needs seperate accounts
    or any other bills that i should be aware of?
    You may also have to pay for bin collection. You would have to ask the landlord really what the situation is

You would have rent as well I presume

Thanks , everything is electric. In kitchen cooking plates and heating too. It says refuse included in the rent so don't have to pay for bin collection charge.

On average use can it be 100€?
    blastit wrote: »
    That would depend on how much you use in electricity and heating or if the heating is gas. If it is all electric you would, unless there is some different arangement with the landlord, have to contact the electricity company. You may have to pay a deposit to the electricity company.If there is gas heating you would have to contact the gas company. There may be a deposit Sometimes electric and gas can be from the same company but needs seperate accounts

You may also have to pay for bin collection. You would have to ask the landlord really what the situation is

You would have rent as well I presume

Thanks , everything is electric. In kitchen cooking plates and heating too. It says refuse included in the rent so don't have to pay for bin collection charge.

On average use can it be 100€?
    On average use can it be 100€?[
    average use for electricity in a one bed apartment? I would say it could well be if everything is electric. That is for a bill every two months though. As far as I know bills are every two months?
    you said one room apartment. do you mean a bedsit or one room with separate bedroom? either way with electric increases vat and standing charges in an all electric apartment 100euro every two months would not surprise me. cannot be more specific as previous poster says it depends on use. if you are out during day use may be less

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Spiritiser wrote: »
    in cashel

They were in Cashel the previous time, I think they were Clonmel last week.

They were in Cashel the previous time, I think they were Clonmel last week.
    in cashel

Hi All,

I would like to ask you all how is job opportunity after new years in Clonmel? For example for a young women to get job in a cafeteria or restaurant? or as a healthcare helper? Me and my wife will move to Clonmel after new years but we are worried that she may not be able to get a job in Clonmel. I will be working in hospital, so i will have a safe job. My wife is working in a cafeteria in Dublin now so she has experience in this field and before she worked as a personal assistant, but she is willing to work any field.

Any suggestion/advice is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

There was a post a few pages back that had all the cafes in town listed, quite a few when you tot them up. Clonmel has been lucky enough on the jobs front so I'd imagine business is still better than other towns as people still have some money to spend locally.
    There is a new cafe opening beside emerald garden restaurant in o connell Street, not sure if they are same ownership and using existing staff but it could be worth trying them
    Hi All,

I would like to ask you all how is job opportunity after new years in Clonmel? For example for a young women to get job in a cafeteria or restaurant? or as a healthcare helper? Me and my wife will move to Clonmel after new years but we are worried that she may not be able to get a job in Clonmel. I will be working in hospital, so i will have a safe job. My wife is working in a cafeteria in Dublin now so she has experience in this field and before she worked as a personal assistant, but she is willing to work any field.

Any suggestion/advice is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

There was a post a few pages back that had all the cafes in town listed, quite a few when you tot them up. Clonmel has been lucky enough on the jobs front so I'd imagine business is still better than other towns as people still have some money to spend locally.
    There is a new cafe opening beside emerald garden restaurant in o connell Street, not sure if they are same ownership and using existing staff but it could be worth trying them

Yep it is under the same ownership and there is six new jobs that are already taken, but there might be more available in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Yep it is under the same ownership and there is six new jobs that are already taken, but there might be more available in the new year.
    The chef is from chez hans btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Sad news that Dominic O'Hara passed away today.
    Some older Clonmellians will remember he was a councillor and ex Lord Mayor.
    I knew him well from working in Digital.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Just drove up though Irishtown there and it looks like Guineys is ready to open in Fitzgerald and Nash. Great to see a few new shops opening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

RIP

I had much respect for this man, I think he came from the O'Hara family famous for their bakery in County Mayo.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

RIP
    Why did he leave politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭niamhg13

does anyone know where I can take the kids to visit Santa in clonmel/clonmel area during the week,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭klose

They must have had a tight budget for flooring in guineys as its just bare concrete as you get past the check outs, literally is an open warehouse there not much of a ceiling either.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

niamhg13 wrote: »
    does anyone know where I can take the kids to visit Santa in clonmel/clonmel area during the week,thanks

The showgrounds has santa from Thursday to Sunday every week until Christmas as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭niamhg13

sound,I'll check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

niamhg13 wrote: »

I'd recommed Dove Hill ahead of Showgrounds. Been to the two and setup at Dove Hill is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

I see Devanes and prego are closing down xmas eve, and any parties that were been booked for after xmas have been cancelled, has to be the end of this pub.

• Advertisement

I see Fethard has been hit really hard, with the closing of Dawn Foods, Walshes concrete on the Moyglass road and now Hayes betting shop. It's like a ghost town now.

Advertisement