Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

Is this thread about Clonmel news or discussing rallying?:mad:

What was the story about the fire in Ballyclerihan? I was away at the weekend and missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

cml387 wrote: »
    Is this thread about Clonmel news or discussing rallying?:mad:

What was the story about the fire in Ballyclerihan? I was away at the weekend and missed it.

Is this thread about Clonmel or Ballyclerihan ?:confused:

Vizzy wrote: »
    Is this thread about Clonmel or Ballyclerihan ?:confused:
    I looked for the Ballyclerihan thread but couldn't find one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

cml387 wrote: »
    I looked for the Ballyclerihan thread but couldn't find one:D

Explosions from the fire at Jim Ryan's premises in Ballyclerihan could be heard 10 kilometres away.
    It’s not being treated as a suspicious blaze
    The alarm was raised shortly after 11 pm on Saturday night when patrolling Gardai spotted flames coming from Jim Ryan's Contracting Services.
    Six units of the fire brigade from Clonmel Cashel and Cahir attended the scene and fought the major blaze four up to 7 hours before it was brought under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Any news on what's happening with the shop units across from Super Valu...where Present Time, budget travel and others used to be? Near Elvery's. Anyone know who will go into them or when they are likely to be open again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Any news on what's happening with the shop units across from Super Valu...where Present Time, budget travel and others used to be? Near Elvery's. Anyone know who will go into them or when they are likely to be open again?

The Entire Market Place was sold via NAMA auction a while back, as far as I know, the new owners are struggling to get people to lease out the vacant shops, Rent and Rate prices are the main stumbling block.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Local business man who told me last month that the sale had actually fallen through, not sure how true that is though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

pooch90 wrote: »
    Local business man who told me last month that the sale had actually fallen through, not sure how true that is though.

http://m.nationalist.ie/news/business/unique-clonmel-property-deal-as-entire-street-sells-for-920-000-hopes-that-sale-will-breathe-new-life-into-market-place-1-4558291

It was a done deal a while now. New owners are in place.

DT100 wrote: »
    Explosions from the fire at Jim Ryan's premises in Ballyclerihan could be heard 10 kilometres away.
    It’s not being treated as a suspicious blaze
    The alarm was raised shortly after 11 pm on Saturday night when patrolling Gardai spotted flames coming from Jim Ryan's Contracting Services.
    Six units of the fire brigade from Clonmel Cashel and Cahir attended the scene and fought the major blaze four up to 7 hours before it was brought under control.

It's a huge barn and the roof on half of it had collapsed in. There is still smoke coming from it. The greyhound stud next to it had to evacuate their stud dogs and brood bitches. It was scary stuff, by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Loughc wrote: »

At 51k per unit you would think they could set the rent very low and still make a good profit. The fact that all this time later and they still don't have any units let says there is either a bigger problem with the place OR they have bigger plans for the complex and are still working on it. Hopefully it's the latter. The place could do with a face lift and revamp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

touts wrote: »
    At 51k per unit you would think they could set the rent very low and still make a good profit. The fact that all this time later and they still don't have any units let says there is either a bigger problem with the place OR they have bigger plans for the complex and are still working on it. Hopefully it's the latter. The place could do with a face lift and revamp.

The huge problem there is that the rates are astronomical there. The rates in Clonmel have not been reduced since 2008 which is simply bananas and many businesses cannot afford to pay them.

Clonmel's rates should be based on turnover figures not pie in the sky land values.

F34 wrote: »
    The huge problem there is that the rates are astronomical there. The rates in Clonmel have not been reduced since 2008 which is simply bananas and many businesses cannot afford to pay them.

Clonmel's rates should be based on turnover figures not pie in the sky land values.

THIS! This by a thousand! Well put!

At least the units were cleaned out recently. At one stage they looked like a skip had been emptied into all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Loughc wrote: »
    Is there any truth to the Rumour the former Posthouse Bar is now going to be a Dentist surgery?

I couldn't think of a more depressing transformation if true!

It has been sold by the banks and the rumour that it is to be a dentist/pharmacy/medical centre has been going on for the last few months. Then again it was supposed to be closed up a good few weeks ago now with a closing up speech from the manager doing the rounds on social media but yet they are advertising Supersoul Machine are playing on All Ireland Sunday on their facebook page.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Strange if the place is sold but they still open....walked past there and quiet enough aside from donal and friends...

On a different note, great to see the job done in bianconi drive ahead of the tipp match!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

On a different note, great to see the job done in bianconi drive ahead of the tipp match!!![/QUOTE]

I havent seen it but, driving back from Waterford yesterday as you leave Carrick on Suir on the Clonmel road there's a magnificent display of colourful support.

Well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Best place in Clonmel to watch the match today?

Best place in Clonmel to watch the match today?

Gleesons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Careys..plenty TV's.....Or Gleesons...Coopers who will have a bit of grub going.Anywhere.as long as Tipp win;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

solerina wrote: »
    I got 2 things altered in Jurgitas..and wasn't happy with either, found the girl on Mary street (near the sisters) to be much better...opposite O Mearas beauty salon (same one Maryanne84 mentioned) Very good value too. Have heard the Zip yard arn't great so havn't tried them myself

Having got my wedding dress altered with Jurgita,I won't be recommending her to anyone. Awful experience!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

[QUOTE=DT100;92052460
    Six units of the fire brigade from Clonmel Cashel and Cahir attended the scene and fought the major blaze four up to 7 hours before it was brought under control.[/QUOTE]

Cashel Fire Brigade did not attend that fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

the proposed development consists of: The phased demolition of the existing permited Licenced Discount Foodstore (1,534 sqm Gross Floor Area with 1,256 Net Retail Sales Area). The construction of a new re-located modernised mono-pitched Licenced Discount Foodstore (2,4166 sq m gross floor area) ranging in height from 1 to 2 storeys, with trolley bay (62.36 sq m gross floor area). The new modernised mono-pitched Licenced Discount Foodstore comprise of: a net retail sales area of 1,422 sq m), bakery, public facilities (incl. lobby and toilets), entrance pod, storage (incl. freezer and cooler areas ) stairs to first floor, lobby and plant room, all at ground floor (totalling 2,232 sq m ground floor area); staff welfare (incl. toilets, office, staff room, training, change rooms and services) and stairs from ground floor, all at first floor (totalling 184 sq m first floor area); 2 no. building mounted internally illuminated signs; 3 no. wall mounted externally illuminated poster panel display; 1 no. wall mounted poster display; 1 no. trolley bay (62.36 sq m) reconfiguration of existing surface car park to facilitate a total of 155 no. surface car parking spaces ( 4 no. disabled, 6 no. parent and child and 145 no. regular); 10 no. bicycle parking spaces; primary vehicular and pedestrian access to the development will be maintained from the existing site entrance from Davis Road; improved hard and soft landscaping, services and all other ancillary and associated site development works above and below ground level
    Development Address: Davis Road, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary,

http://193.178.30.218/tipperaryeplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=14600264&LASiteID=0

:O they are knocking a 12 year old building!! Omg what a waste

JUST NOTICED 500th POST. STAY TUNED FOR ANOTHER 500 OF COMPLETE ****E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Chris___ wrote: »
    http://193.178.30.218/tipperaryeplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=14600264&LASiteID=0

:O they are knocking a 12 year old building!! Omg what a waste

Are they not moving next door to mordants old place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Are they not moving next door to mordants old place?

I heard that fell through if it was ever even on the cards.

touts wrote: »
    I heard that fell through if it was ever even on the cards.

I thought it was Aldi that were the ones looking at that after the refusal for them to redevelop the mart. I'd be surprised if any development of the Mordaunt site would be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

from what i hear the mordaunt site is sold and will be opening up again as a garage soon

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

DaveJac wrote: »
    from what i hear the mordaunt site is sold and will be opening up again as a garage soon[/quot

To be fair another garage in clonmel is needed about as much as a chinese takeaway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    DaveJac wrote: »
    from what i hear the mordaunt site is sold and will be opening up again as a garage soon[/quot

To be fair another garage in clonmel is needed about as much as a chinese takeaway!!!

From what I hear a dealership is soon to move in, maybe two dealerships actually, in my opinion the more main dealers the better, I would welcome any good business to boost this town.
    I drove past lidl today and the planning notice is outside their own site, maybe they are goin to demolish their existing store? Looks that way to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Deminiman wrote: »
    jkmanc1974 wrote: »

From what I hear a dealership is soon to move in, maybe two dealerships actually, in my opinion the more main dealers the better, I would welcome any good business to boost this town.
    I drove past lidl today and the planning notice is outside their own site, maybe they are goin to demolish their existing store? Looks that way to me.

I didn't read the planning application but the existing Lidl building is built in a fashion that would allow an extension to be added easily enough without major demolition of the existing structure, in fact, did they not already extend it a few years back?

• Advertisement

From the planning posted above: "The phased demolition of the existing permited Licenced Discount Foodstore"

Don't think Lidl was extended wasn't that Aldi?

Advertisement