Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunder watch - mid April 2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Seen that shower developing on the way into Galway city earlier this evening. A couple of snaps from the N17:

156162.jpg

156163.jpg

156164.jpg

Some minor flooding just north of Galway city also but totally dry in town!! Also thought I seen a distant flash on the way home but probably imagined it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I'm in belmullet this evening and I can see flashes of lightening in the distance. Lovely to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Showing up well on here

http://www.corklightning.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

rhonin wrote: »
    I'm in belmullet this evening and I can see flashes of lightening in the distance. Lovely to see!

Did you see any flashes out at sea? I ask because i've seen thunderstorms around there, that were out to sea, and they were brilliant to witness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I know its unlikely but any lightning this time of the night? Haven't seen or heard anything but the lights keep going on and off which is highly unusual for such a calm night

• Advertisement

Down the local park now, good amount of cloud about , looks favourable for convective development I think! :D .... The odd high cumulus in the distance and all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

That thunderstorm which was out around Clare island was quite spectacular last night, here's a picture I found through twitter of a fork behind somebody's house in Achill

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=896830&id=138162632861606

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

That thunderstorm which was out around Clare island was quite spectacular last night, here's a picture I found through twitter of a fork behind somebody's house in Achill

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=896830&id=138162632861606

I don't think I've been so jealous in my whole life!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

21.0°C at Casement at 4pm. There are some As lenticularis around, suggesting stability at mid levels, but with this much surface heating and dewpoints above 10°C I'd expect a few storms to crack off in the midlands in the next couple of hours, aided by uplift from the Wicklow mountains.

We've had showers here throughout the day but still no luck with any thunder, only one distant rumble all month so far

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    We've had showers here throughout the day but still no luck with any thunder, only one distant rumble all month so far

Looks like there was some action right around the Letterkenny area in the last hour or two!! ;)

sf_na_1d.gif?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

A beast of a storm is kicking off now in the english midlands by the looks of it, the lucky $&*€'s hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Any lightning activity expected tonight in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

No lightnight is expected for Dublin tonight.

Su Campu wrote: »
    Looks like there was some action right around the Letterkenny area in the last hour or two!! ;)

Odd, I'm actually on the west coast of Donegal all week which means I'm even closer to that storm yet haven't heard a thing. Its very humid and theres a lot of thundery looking clouds around but still nothing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Did you see any flashes out at sea? I ask because i've seen thunderstorms around there, that were out to sea, and they were brilliant to witness!

Yeah nacho they were out at sea. It never made it on land. Kind of eerie feel about it but brilliant to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Green Back

Large thunder storm here over London for the past 45 mins. Clouds not moving too fast. Very exciting and the garden can do with the rain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Green Back wrote: »
    Large thunder storm here over London for the past 45 mins. Clouds not moving too fast. Very exciting and the garden can do with the rain :)
    watchin the chelsea game & rain looks torrential

Sferics over UK over the last couple of hours:

2qavddu.jpg

Not fair! :mad:

2qavddu.jpg

LUCKY FECKERS! ... * shakes fist!*.... i hope its like that on the wedding day!... hehe :P

Oh and look what they look like from the sky!
    156376.JPG

Heart shape thunderstorms!!! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Plenty of lightning over europe today. http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

2qavddu.jpg

Produced some impressive hail showers in Sheffield too! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Chance of some thunder in the south/south-east today?

Estofex have a 15% probability for the south of ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Netweather showing chance in the southwest then nothing for the next week :(

ukcapeli.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Very intensive shower now in south Kerry with a few claps of thunder. No lightning yet.

edit - lightning now and more thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

bring it up to dublin please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

SeaFields wrote: »
    Very intensive shower now in south Kerry with a few claps of thunder. No lightning yet.

edit - lightning now and more thunder.

Im in South Kerry and nothing where I am :confused:

Some more activity getting into the Cork City area in the next hour or so. With more following on behind (on a slightly more southerly track) there could be an interesting night for the far southwest.

MunsterThunder.png

Sferics now being picked up along the Cork coast:

157217.JPG

Latest radar:
    157218.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Up in the skies that front was pretty nasty - we had a very bumpy flight over Northern France earlier today even though the cloud tops were well below us.
    Current radar pics show pretty heavy showers off the south coast - wonder will they push inland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement