Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game of Thrones [HBO & Sky Atlantic] **Spoilers** (Read Warning Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Genuinely excited for this season to start now......looking at them pictures it seems they've done a fantastic job making Brienne "uglier"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

I fancied Brienne in the books and I'll prob fancy her in the series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

pixelburp wrote: »
    I seem to vaguely recall people around here getting terribly upset that the actress playing Brienne was too pretty, deciding to forget a little invention called "make up" :rolleyes: :) I think that's that knocked on the head anyway hehe

When I first scanned the pics I was wondering who the hell yer man was. I was trying to think of a male Lannister they hadn't shown yet.
    I had to hover over the pic to see Brienne listed and I had my ohhhhh, very good moment.

Sonovagun wrote: »
    I fancied Brienne in the books and I'll prob fancy her in the series!

Freak! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mrs Ron Burgundy

Can't wait for this to come back. I'd say it'll be even better than the 1st series. Brienne looks fantastic. I LOVE the scenes with her and Jaime in the book, she brings out the best side of him. GOD JON SNOW IS HOT!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

And the hype is setting in.

only 47 days to go and they have a nice insight from HBO into north of the wall filming for season 2:
    http://winteriscoming.net/2012/02/hbo-releases-in-production-iceland-video/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

brienne looks kinda like the "today I shall mostly be wearing" guy from the fast show

donnacha wrote: »
    only 47 days to go and they have a nice insight from HBO into north of the wall filming for season 2:
    http://winteriscoming.net/2012/02/hbo-releases-in-production-iceland-video/

Boom! Embedded :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

421059_10150552688432734_74133697733_9173251_301321320_n.jpg

Honestly can't wait any longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

You have to! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

gonna be epic, god damn it, why is it so far away :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Still no news on the forum :confused:

It surely must be over six months ago that I read that thread over in forum requests

I'm heading over there to see where we are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ta-dah !!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

WOO!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Des wrote: »
    WOO!!!!:D

Woo indeed!

Looking forward to the seasons return.
    Also looking forward to reading Dance with Dragons.
    Have read all the books since series 1 ended (I couldn't wait) and am waiting for it to be delivered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mr E wrote: »
    Ta-dah !!!!! :)
    Clicked in from my Subscriptions list and at first was like "huh, what?" :D

nicklauski wrote: »
    Woo indeed!

Have read all the books since series 1 ended (I couldn't wait) and am waiting for it to be delivered.

Ohhhhh wait until you get to the big
    bla bla bla
    and when
    still reading?:D
    dies!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I wonder if Podrick Payne will feature in the series, I really hope he does. Tyrion sarcastic comments towards him and his dim responses are great moments of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I wonder if Podrick Payne will feature in the series, I really hope he does. Tyrion sarcastic comments towards him and his dim responses are great moments of humour.

He's definitely going to feature in it as they've cast someone to play him :)

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm4535552/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Woo indeed!

a work coleague got me reading them, I just collected Dance with Dragons from her, raging its the last book for now.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    a work coleague got me reading them, I just collected Dance with Dragons from her, raging its the last book for now.

Yeah I started it the other day.

Hopefully Martin will get the finger out and get the next book out quickly.

He said at the end of Feast for Crows that they will return in the next year in Dance with Dragons.

That was about 5 years ago :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, I'd say we'll be looking at at least 3 more years. Which is ****. At least we have the TV show. I'm hoping that the show does so well that he has to get the finger out and get the books out a bit earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jkp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

OMG!

I can't wait any longer.

Jaysis, that is laggy as hell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah so it's not just me, was wondering what was up with that video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Denerick wrote: »
    OMG!

I can't wait any longer.
    well, your gonna ;):D

:mad::mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Check the other thread, there's a better one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Apr 1st cant come soon enough after watching that video .

Are the series going to follow the books ? ie book 1 = season 1 , book 2 = season 2 etc or do they plan to "amalgamate" soome of the books into a single season ?

Apologies if this has been asked before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Book four and book five follow the same time line so I'm guessing two will be amalgamated for the tv series.

Plus a lot happens in book three, it could easily(and I hope so) be spilt into two seasons.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think they've said book three will be split, haven't they?

I wonder if they do that, might they include a bit of books 4 and 5 in the tail end of what would then be the 4th season. I'm thinking of one particular chapter that would be a pretty earth shattering way to end the third season but if book 3 is a simple 2 series split it'd probably end up being early in the 4th...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Just after watching the first 2 discs of my blueray boxset , really impressed the effort they have put in with the menu's and content , the history & lore section particularly with its in character narration and historical illustrations were fantastic and will be a godsend to fans of the series who for whatever reason haven't or won't read the books but want to know more about the history of westeros. The commentaries on eps 2 with Lena "potty mouth" Heady Mark Addy and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and episodes 3 with Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner , Isaac Hempstead Wright were also very entertaining and not the dry detail orientated stuff you usually get.

• Advertisement

It's been a while since I read the first book but :
    was it said in the first book that Jorah Mormont was an informer to the Queen?

I only ask because I was rewatching the 1st series the other day, and Varys says it.

I remember reading it in Maybe book 3 pt 2 or Book 4 alright.
    But can't remember it being earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Yeah I started it the other day.

Hopefully Martin will get the finger out and get the next book out quickly.

He said at the end of Feast for Crows that they will return in the next year in Dance with Dragons.

That was about 5 years ago :)
    Half way trough "Dragons" now, It is well worth the wait. :)
    All the threads of " Crows" and and "Swords" are coming back together. :P

I only ask because I was rewatching the 1st series the other day, and Varys says it.

You are right, You don't know this in book one.

Bistoman wrote: »
    You are right, You don't know this in book one.

I was thinking that alright.
    I had even forgotten about Varys saying it in the series
    and when it came to a head in the book with Daenarys, I was like
    "Oh you sneaky whooor!"
    :)

edit ; Have about 250 pages left in Dragons myself. Great stuff. Will probably go back to them after Series 2

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I'm re-reading it at the moment and while I've gone past it in the books, and
    I'm fairly sure it was mentioned that Jorah was informing the King through Varys about Dany's marriage and subsequent pregnancy with the view to being pardoned for his crimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

mariebeth wrote: »

I'm re-reading it at the moment and while I've gone past it in the books, and
    I'm fairly sure it was mentioned that Jorah was informing the King through Varys about Dany's marriage and subsequent pregnancy with the view to being pardoned for his crimes.
    I don't think it was explicitly said that mormont was the informer, the sneak in off from the khalasar, and the being the only one I. The group capable of writing in the common tongue :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It says it in the show but not the book iirc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I read the first book having already watched the series. It doesn't explicitly say it in the book, but when you already know it from the series then the signs are very very clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Frisbee wrote: »
    It says it in the show but not the book iirc.

Don't recall them saying that in the show :confused:

Guess I wasn't paying attention and missed that, odd that they would have revealed that so early on as it was a bit a of a shock to me when it came out in the later parts of book 3

calex71 wrote: »

Guess I wasn't paying attention and missed that, odd that they would have revealed that so early on as it was a bit a of a shock to me when it came out in the later parts of book 3

Varys says it at one of the council meetings after Ned takes up his position as hand of the King.

I only copped it on my second watch of the series. Easier to pick up on things after reading the books and seeing the series, names, places etc.
    Then in the markets with Dany he meets one of Varys informers who gives him a letter telling him he's now a free man.
    Right before the trader tries to poison Dany.

Varys says it at one of the council meetings after Ned takes up his position as hand of the King.

I only copped it on my second watch of the series. Easier to pick up on things after reading the books and seeing the series, names, places etc.
    Then in the markets with Dany he meets one of Varys informers who gives him a letter telling him he's now a free man.
    Give that man a golden dragon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Just to let ye know that there is a graphic novel version of Game of Thrones coming out soon. I've placed my order here which is the best price I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Just to let ye know that there is a graphic novel version of Game of Thrones coming out soon. I've placed my order here which is the best price I think.

There's also a xbox/ps3 game on the way that looks ok surprisingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

calex71 wrote: »
    Yup, it's the council meeting where Robert actually shows up after they've found out Daeneyrs is pregnant and Ned resigns as Hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    I don't think it was explicitly said that mormont was the informer, the sneak in off from the khalasar, and the being the only one I. The group capable of writing in the common tongue :p
    stevenmu wrote: »
    I read the first book having already watched the series. It doesn't explicitly say it in the book, but when you already know it from the series then the signs are very very clear.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yup, it's the council meeting where Robert actually shows up after they've found out Daeneyrs is pregnant and Ned resigns as Hand.

It was niggling at me that I definitely had read somewhere in the book about
    Jorah being a spy
    and I just went back and had a look.

In Ned's second chapter, when
    Robert & Ned have ridden off from the main group heading to King's Landing, they have a conversation about Daenarys having married Drogo, Ned asks Robert who the source is, and Robert explicitly names Jorah Mormont as the source, because he is looking for a pardon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement