Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann stops in Navan

Options
  • 17-04-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Need to spend a few hours in Navan tomorrow and will be fairly tight for time. Haven't been in the town in 15 years at least.

I was wondering where the square is in the town and also the Mercy Convent. They are mentioned as drop off points for Bus Eireann on the timetables.

Could someone point them out on a map? I assume they are both close to each other, but don't want to get caught if they aren't.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

streetnavan2.gif

The bus stop at Mercy is the green 'B' just to the left of the roundabout on the left of the map. I presume you're talking about Market Square. If so, it is beside the green 'B' to the right of the map. They are about a 5 minute walk apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Excellent.

Really appreciate that.

No problem.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    No problem.
    Kinda stupid how there's nothing to signify a bus stop in the Market Square. Fair enough there is a bus parking space marked out, but that could be for any bus.

Only thing I saw was a time table in the window of a shop that was buried among dozens of other notices.

Kinda stupid how there's nothing to signify a bus stop in the Market Square. Fair enough there is a bus parking space marked out, but that could be for any bus.

Only thing I saw was a time table in the window of a shop that was buried among dozens of other notices.
    Yeah I know, everybody in the town knows where it is but if you're not then it would be hard to find it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know, everybody in the town knows where it is but if you're not then it would be hard to find it.
    A combination of your info and google streetview meant that I knew where I was in relation to where i was going etc. Only for the fact that people were congregating there, I might not have figured out exactly where it was stopping though.

A combination of your info and google streetview meant that I knew where I was in relation to where i was going etc. Only for the fact that people were congregating there, I might not have figured out exactly where it was stopping though.
    It's handy in the way that it's near the town centre yet not too close to the Shopping Centre which would clog up the traffic big time. I think it's a small bus stop that just didn't expand along with the rest of Navan over the last 15 years or so. Buses to Dublin leave there every half hour now.

Buses to Dublin leave there every half hour now.
    Ya, wasn't expecting that. Thought it would be every few hours or something.

Had to go in the direction of Carrickmacross recently and the service wasn't great tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Spiderpig92

lads, how far isit from the mercy convent to the market square in navan? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

lads, how far isit from the mercy convent to the market square in navan? thanks

3 min walk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement