Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There will be no movies

• 17-04-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

Link
    Stargate writer, executive producer and mastermind Brad Wright took the stage earlier today at Creation Entertainment’s Official Stargate Convention in Vancouver, British Columbia and proceeded to update and clear the air on the fate of the latest series, Stargate Universe.

“We just recently found out that the SGU movie is not going to happen,” Wright said during his stage panel today. “It took too long. We just couldn’t get it together in time, and the window has closed. It’s actually sad for me, because after 17 years, I’m cleaning out my desk tomorrow morning.”

So that's it then, the shows that we have faithfully watched for the last 17 years are over and from the looks of things there will be no proper conclusion to either Atlantis (not that I was holding out much hope of that one any more) or Universe.

It sucks :(

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

End of an era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Can't believe it took them this long to come out and say it.

Didn't hold much hope for the dvd movies but SGU had alot of potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Sad sad day, been a fan since the original movie. Think i might cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

omg :( that is so so sad

nooooooooooo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I blame the producers/writers......and i'll say it AGAIN, SGU was my fave of all the SG franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I find myself missing SGU even if I think it was more a case of unrealised potential compared to the other two shows. Regarding the op - I thought there was a conclusion to Atlantis in their finale. I didn't think much of the finale- but I thought there were no outstanding storylines left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Producer has said to watch Air 1/2/3 again to fully appreciate the final SGU episode.

The guy who plays Volker said it well in one of his tweets yesterday, history will look kindly on SGU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I find myself missing SGU even if I think it was more a case of unrealised potential compared to the other two shows. Regarding the op - I thought there was a conclusion to Atlantis in their finale. I didn't think much of the finale- but I thought there were no outstanding storylines left?

The Wraith were still very much active in the Pegasus Galaxy at the end of season 5, I believe Extinction was meant to deal with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

A sad sad day indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

SGU wasn't as good as its SG predecessors, but even so it's a lot better than the crap SyFy channel output, in particular its ten dollar budget epic remakes, and bogus sequels of successful Hollywood sci-fi movies.

I don't even think that I'll bother watching the final SGU episodes.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Think they should bring out the game and tie the whole lot together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Apparently Mallollollollollooolloolllozzi is going to reveal all the plans and plots on his blog once the finale has aired.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

For crying out loud! That sucks. I want some closure. I figured this would happen but it's still annoying seeing it confirmed.
    If we can't get a movie then at least give us some official tie in - such as a novel (graphic or otherwise).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RyanGannon

This is so wrong for so many reasons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bah. Stupid SyFy (and their stupid spelling).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Nukem wrote: »
    Think they should bring out the game and tie the whole lot together

They had a FPS in development years ago but got canx, the latet one was meant to be an MMROPG but havent heard anything from that in a long while so its safe to assume thats canned too.

A shame really because a FPS seems like a great fit for the universe too, really really wanted to be able fire a staff weapon!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Very sad to hear.

Last SG1 Movie was decent, and I always thought the atlantis movie could have been worthwhile.

For now, I guess I'll just imagine my own screen play of a super-group movie tieing up SGU, SGA and throw some classic SG1 on top of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

5starpool wrote: »
    Bah. Stupid SyFy (and their stupid spelling).

I would say that MGM, a not too distant cousin of Anglo Irish, are as much to blame.

Advertisement