Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drive belt for ride on

Options
  • 17-04-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I am looking for a 109" drive belt for a ride on mower, have been quoted €85, this is a rip off as I can get a 108" or a 110" for €12 but want to put on correct size

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

What make is the mower and what belt specifically?

Some drive belts are "double v" and a very expensive as generic belts dont exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭rodneys

its not a double v, its a partner, not too sure of exact model, its my dads and the belt went today when I borrowed it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

belts are pretty expensive and it pays to get the right one as it will out last the cheaper ones several times over, believe me i know, been there done that and have several t-shirts to prove it.

ordinary belts from the motorfactors won't do either as it has to be able to run on the back of the belt as well.

you could try and google the make and model no. of the mower and see if you could buy them online or try ebay but you still won't know if they are genuine belts and they may last no length.

Advertisement