Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband connection problems

Options
  • 17-04-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Bought a router for our broadband, but the laptop won't connect it keeps saying it's trying to authenticate the network address. I've put in the password but it just keeps searching. One laptop connected fine but two others won't. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

random10 wrote: »
    Bought a router for our broadband, but the laptop won't connect it keeps saying it's trying to authenticate the network address. I've put in the password but it just keeps searching. One laptop connected fine but two others won't. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Well you need to tell us more. I presume you are trying to connect by wireless to the new router? What way did you set up the wireless network?

It would also help to know what type of bb you are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Sorry, pretty hopeless with computers,yes trying to connect wireless from router, we just had a plug in connection up to now. We are using UPC, it's very frustrating because one laptop connected no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

if you can access the router page (usually 192.168.1.1) in your browser search bar check that DHCP is enabled and check that your computer is reciveing the connection settings automatic

does it connect with the security off!? ..could be an IP issue, im sure its solved with something simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Wireless. This is a router config problem.

What is the router make and model?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

it's belkin N150

• Advertisement
Advertisement