Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weird saving issue

• 17-04-2011 11:26pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i'm currently saving tiffs, a3 sized pages with portfolio images dropped in, flattened and saved... why would each file i save be identical in size...52.7mb

that cant be right can it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PureRGB

i'm currently saving tiffs, a3 sized pages with portfolio images dropped in, flattened and saved... why would each file i save be identical in size...52.7mb

that cant be right can it?

Seems strange, though did you use a tiff lossless compression option? Does each image have the same resolution?

Are you sure they're exactly the same size, i.e. if you're using windows, right click the file, and check under properties for the size in bytes - there may be small differences between the files which are then being rounded to 52.7 mb

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

PureRGB wrote: »
    Seems strange, though did you use a tiff lossless compression option? Does each image have the same resolution?

Are you sure they're exactly the same size, i.e. if you're using windows, right click the file, and check under properties for the size in bytes - there may be small differences between the files which are then being rounded to 52.7 mb

it was lossless, that might be it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if they're all the same res and you're not using compression, you'd expect that, just like a bitmap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

If all your page sizes are A3 and resolution is the same for each, then it's logical that your file size will be the same for each file.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

after a nights sleep its all clear now, no compression equals standard file size, zipped the tiffs and it made sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement