Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no Finner?

Options
  • 17-04-2011 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why Finner hasn't been reporting for almost 3 months now? As far as I can make out the last report was on January 24th, and there's been nowt out of her since then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Not sure, perhaps contact Met Eireann on their website, they are pretty good at replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Finner?

finner camp in donegal.
    It's an irish army camp/aer corps airfield isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yep its an army camp & airfield about half way between Ballybofey and Ballyshannon, built on coastal sand dunes

I noticed quite a while ago that it was offline, anyone contacted ME?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

LOL Did Ballybofey move? I think you mean Bundoran :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Haha how did I manage that?! I had Bundoran in my head as I was typing as well so no idea where Ballybofey came from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I've been told by Met Éireann that a new TUCSON station has been installed in Finner Camp and is currently undergoing evaluation and quality checks. It will be up and running soon.

Cue Storm 10 et al with the anti-ME comments..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I see Finner is now back reporting on the Met.ie site and on the global synops.

Advertisement