Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for a wedding reception venue for 120-150 people near Dublin West

Options
  • 17-04-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

HI everyone,

I'm currently on a location hunt and am finding it really difficult.
    I am planning on getting married around Easter next year and we would like a venue that is either a castle or a Victorian mansion or something with a bit of "character" anyway.

However, we are a bit on a budget too and were thinking about spending below 80 pp.

Today, we viewed Leixlip Manor and Gardens, and although a lovely place, they just cannot accommodate that many people.

Does anyone have any ideas in the general vicinity of Dublin West (i.e. 1 hour drive max).

Many thanks,
    GG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

One of my favourite venues is Middleton Park house, www.mph.ie and its about one hour from dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭horse7

just been to one in ballymagaryey villege,it was lovely.about 20minutes from blanchardstown on the n2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Ballymagarvey is really nice but starts at €110 pp

Have a look at Moyvalley, hotel is in receivership but has enough business to keep going.

http://www.moyvalley.com/
    Balyna House is fully restored and looks great for small to medium weddings

More pictures here http://pix.ie/keithjack/album/401186

6CFBCBE0965E49FD9DF70D3526154CCF-0000314346-0002157027-00800L-CAB50DC0D69C49929A92690AFB0E2540.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mochtas 81

Dunboyne Castle has nice grounds, also the old house is beautiful...can fit over 200. About 10 mins from Blanch. Plus really reasonable.. We liked it, but its too close to home so decided against it..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Borderfox wrote: »
    Ballymagarvey is really nice but starts at €110 pp

New prices out today but still very, very expensive IMHO for what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 IrelandsMedium

Village at lyons
    Finnstown house
    johnstown house enfield

Advertisement