Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3

Options
  • 18-04-2011 1:16am
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,289 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw an Ad for Battlefield 3 on tv the other day but amazon says its not out til November, what gives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Saw an Ad for Battlefield 3 on tv the other day but amazon says its not out til November, what gives?
    HEARD THEY ARE GOING FOR THE THROAT OF MW3 and imho they will take the win from the battle of the 2 great war games!

advertising now yes as they are gonna hype this up and up and up to sell the crap outta it lol

not that they have to battlefield bc2 is EPIC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

look at how much that cod crap advertises and look how much it sells.

Dice have realized that having a far superior game with a more mature playing base isn't enough so have decided to start a major advertising campeign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Ya they started early but when your trying to create a COD killer you need to.

also dont be suprised if its a september release Zavvi have it down as the 23 of september and i dont think its the best idea to release it the same time as COD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Either way they'll be taking on either COD or Gears 3 on the Xbox, I'll be buying it anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Either way they'll be taking on either COD or Gears 3 on the Xbox, I'll be buying it anyway!

+1!

http://kotaku.com/#!5792718/heres-12-minutes-of-battlefield-3-gameplay-no-facebook-strings-attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Hey guys,

Only ever played Battlefield on pc and that was a few years back from all the footage i have seen of all the other battlefield games and this one, It looks super but it has one flaw.

It doesnt run at 60fps which just makes for a slower paced game, 90% of people play COD cause its quick and fast paced but a slow paced game turns me right off playing. I dont want to get a flame war going thats just my honest opinion, if it runs faster this time round i will defo pick it up and give it a go. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hey guys,

Only ever played Battlefield on pc and that was a few years back from all the footage i have seen of all the other battlefield games and this one, It looks super but it has one flaw.

It doesnt run at 60fps which just makes for a slower paced game, 90% of people play COD cause its quick and fast paced but a slow paced game turns me right off playing. I dont want to get a flame war going thats just my honest opinion, if it runs faster this time round i will defo pick it up and give it a go. :D

I love cod games but your wrong battlefield games are epic!!!!

Also cod maps tend to be v small in comparison to battlefield which is hard to be tactical while with battlefield there's much more variety IMO anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I love cod games but your wrong battlefield games are epic!!!!

Also cod maps tend to be v small in comparison to battlefield which is hard to be tactical while with battlefield there's much more variety IMO anyways

Ah I defo think in general your either a cod player or battlefield player, IMO I think that while the maps might be big that just says ya have to run for a half hour to get into the action or sit with the other 30 snipers at the back waiting for a shot. I hate smaller maps on cod but the mid to large maps are good when you have full teams goin any less and it seems like ur hunting for kills even when playing objectives.

Defo think if any of the battlefield games are going to take call of duty down it will be this one! Some amount of marketing behind it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Ah I defo think in general your either a cod player or battlefield player, IMO I think that while the maps might be big that just says ya have to run for a half hour to get into the action or sit with the other 30 snipers at the back waiting for a shot. I hate smaller maps on cod but the mid to large maps are good when you have full teams goin any less and it seems like ur hunting for kills even when playing objectives.

Defo think if any of the battlefield games are going to take call of duty down it will be this one! Some amount of marketing behind it!

bad company 2, was better than any cod game ever. FACT!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

or you could just hop into/spawn into one of the many vehicles that are on the maps for just purposes of transporting people over long distances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

or you could just hop into/spawn into one of the many vehicles that are on the maps for just purposes of transporting people over long distances

Or spawn on a member of your squad who's already in the thick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Game looks absolutley amazing for the P.C, gonna probably be a milestone in p.c gaming even with crysis 2 just out, hope it can look as good as possible for the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Really bugs me when the Battlefielf VS COD argument kicks off. Dice and IW/Treyarch belive there is a rivalry there. Why should consumers? Personally, I'm not a COD fanboy but when it comes to me wanting to play a war game I prefer how COD handles and operates comapred to Battlefield. What I don't do though is spend my time talking about how much better than Battlefield COD is. What's the point?

Back on topic though, Battlefield 3 has caught my attention. The main reason being the visuals. I mean, they're bloody breathtaking! Think this year I may stick with Black Ops and make Battlefield my xmas war purchase. I'm also bettin COD goes for an 11/11/11 release date with BAttlefield a week earlier on 4/11/11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

It looks amazing , hope it lives up to the hype , with gow3 on the way battlefield 3 and mw3 , should be a good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

That video clip above is just awsome! I think BF team really knows how to use the audio to give you that totally immersive feel - Amazing!

Definitly will buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Battlefield showing off ps3 footage on the jimmy fallon show

Looks very impressive

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=5771

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I know it hasn't happened in this thread yet, but it would be great if it didn't turn into a Battlefield v's COD war.

Every single video and thread on the internet that discusses either game just turns into a ridiculous fanboy rant.

It would nice just to talk about how great this game hopefully will be.

And I'm going to pre-empt our PC bretheren here.

We know it's going to look better on your machines but it doesn't mean we are going to enjoy the experience any less.

I say roll on Battlefield 3! If BFBC2 is anything to go by it's gonna freakin rock!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Battlefield showing off ps3 footage on the jimmy fallon show

Looks very impressive

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=5771

That does look impressive. Ofcourse the PC version on a high end machine will look alot better, but even compared to BC2 that looks very nice indeed. I wonder how it handles on the Xbox. Apprently BC2 lead platform was the PS3 i wonder would this be the same. The one thing that bugged me about BC2 (PS3) was the screen tearing in multiplayer (didnt play the SP) Hopefully they have sorted it out for the console release of BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

That does look impressive. Ofcourse the PC version on a high end machine will look alot better, but even compared to BC2 that looks very nice indeed. I wonder how it handles on the Xbox. Apprently BC2 lead platform was the PS3 i wonder would this be the same. The one thing that bugged me about BC2 (PS3) was the screen tearing in multiplayer (didnt play the SP) Hopefully they have sorted it out for the console release of BF3

Afaik the ps3 has a better cpu than the 360 and bf3 will need a quad core on pc to max it out, i have a duel core with a high end gfx card atm and it slugs a little on bfbc2 with max settings. So ps3 will be lead console for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I reckon xbox version will be very similar , probably tiny little differences between the consoles. We be all having great fun popping headshots very soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

weiland79 wrote: »
    I know it hasn't happened in this thread yet, but it would be great if it didn't turn into a Battlefield v's COD war.

A war in the same way as the Iraq war etc....where 1 decimates the other, meh, wouldn't even call it a fair fight :)
    And I'm going to pre-empt our PC bretheren here.

We know it's going to look better on your machines but it doesn't mean we are going to enjoy the experience any less.
    Nope, your PC bretheren will enjoy it more. The feeling of flying the choppers and jets with actual joysticks, the speed of moving the tank turrets with a mouse that can change DPI so when you jump out it will be different for your soldier, 64man servers (i assume Console is still limited to 24) it's a whole different game :)
    I say roll on Battlefield 3! If BFBC2 is anything to go by it's gonna freakin rock!!!!
    No no no, it's a sequel to BF2 , not BC2. BC2 was a great game, but didn't even compare to BF2 for me, or any other BF fan I'm sure.
    Load up BF2 !! :D, still plays amazingly well.

Advertisement