Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery question

• 18-04-2011 5:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I have a mx bike that has an electric push button start. The bikes been sitting up a week but I fully charged it with a trickle there yesterday.

Went to push the button and nothing no effort to start at all.

However when the battery is still connected to the mains charging and u press the button the battery makes a noise. Any ideas what could be wrong. Faulty battery missing cell?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sounds like the battery is dead.

How long has it been in the bike, how often is it used? When you start the bike do you let it run for at least 10min every time?

If you've a set of jump leads try starting off another battery.

Or you can try and bump start it. Just don't push too far down hill if it isn't starting, you'll have to push it back up.

Edit/
    Have you checked all your connections are making good contact?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Hi ya, ye all connections are grand. I've had the battery in the bike for a total of 14 hours solid riding.

Can't really let the bike idle as they over heat if you don't ride them it's a 450 4 stroke.

I've ordered a new battery seems to be the cheapest way out I hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi ya, ye all connections are grand. I've had the battery in the bike for a total of 14 hours solid riding.

Can't really let the bike idle as they over heat if you don't ride them it's a 450 4 stroke.

Sorry didn't mean idle it, I meant using it. Just that when ever a battery starts a vehicle it uses a lot of juice. If you stop it straight away and restart a few times you'll drain the battery.
    blahblah06 wrote: »
    I've ordered a new battery seems to be the cheapest way out I hope

I'm assuming it's a special battery for MX, google the battery and see if they have issues or if there's a higher rated one available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Cheers lad. Well turns out the battery was knackered alright. Bought a new one for 48 an original ktm one and bike started fine. Thank god

Advertisement