Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Still life for c&c

• 18-04-2011 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

a bit of light painting, used a torch shined through a cardboard tube.

Beach-8.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the light seems a bit harsh. the left shoulder seems 'clipped', and there's nothing really to hold my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

the light seems a bit harsh. the left shoulder seems 'clipped', and there's nothing really to hold my eye.

Thanks for commenting, it was an led light so maybe too bright, do you think if it was diffused and the light a bit softer it would work better, or is it just a rubbish composition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PureRGB

I think it looks rather cool, my eye is drawn to the "dusty white" area on the floor - was this deliberate? There is some slight clipping on the left hand side, but I don't think it detracts from the overall image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I like it. Would probably work better if you added a second contrasting piece e.g. red apple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Thanks for commenting, it was an led light so maybe too bright, do you think if it was diffused and the light a bit softer it would work better, or is it just a rubbish composition?
    there's not enough interest; it's just a single pear with no detail visible anywhere else in the shot. if you could see the background, it might be better?

• Advertisement

PureRGB wrote: »
    I think it looks rather cool, my eye is drawn to the "dusty white" area on the floor - was this deliberate? There is some slight clipping on the left hand side, but I don't think it detracts from the overall image.
    Thanks, I thought I would leave it in, it kind of looked like it was floating without it, it wasnt deliberate just happened, but I thought it looked better in than out.
    bullpost wrote: »
    I like it. Would probably work better if you added a second contrasting piece e.g. red apple.
    Thanks, I did consider adding more, but wanted to try just one piece, kind of minimalist :)
    there's not enough interest; it's just a single pear with no detail visible anywhere else in the shot. if you could see the background, it might be better?
    Thanks again, I was really trying to isolate it completely from the surroundings, but really wanted a beam of light shining on it, but didnt quite manage that, kind of like Mr Bean just before he landed :) if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I like it, light painting is a good skill to learn/have and it looks like youve done quite a good job here.

Yeah, its not the most enthralling image in the world, but it shows a good eye and some technical skills.

I'd agree that maybe building the image up a little is the way to go, but there is also something i like about the minimalism - the empty space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I like it - looks like the pear is about to start singing :)

Eirebear wrote: »
    I like it, light painting is a good skill to learn/have and it looks like youve done quite a good job here.

Yeah, its not the most enthralling image in the world, but it shows a good eye and some technical skills.

I'd agree that maybe building the image up a little is the way to go, but there is also something i like about the minimalism - the empty space.
    Thanks for the comments, I did like the blackness of it.
    rain on wrote: »
    I like it - looks like the pear is about to start singing :)
    Haha! if I had got the spotlight right! might try a brighter light with a smaller tube to get that concentrated beam.

Advertisement