Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pups still sucking at 6 weeks??????

• 18-04-2011 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

Me again!! From the last time I Posted about weaning, they are eating the Royal Canin and loving it as is Cindy, has out on serious weight with it which I am delighted with as she was very thin.

anyway, cindy had stopped letting them suck at about 4 - 5 weeks, wouldnt go into the box , would walk away when they ran after her, but last weekend i had them out in the sun out the back and she was in the box with them all day letting them suck. I didnt know whether to take her out and keep her separated from them or leave her be. As the weather the last few days has been gorgeous they have been out most days in the sun and the odd time Cindy would gather them and again let them suck.

so question?? as they are 6 weeks now, am i supposed to NOT let her feed them? Am I to separate them completely which is very hard as they all sleep in the kitchen, her on her chair and they are in their box. when I do feed them they eat well, and are doing so 4 times a day.

any advice would be great, thank you all for previous help :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Mo.. from what i know and i stand to be corrected on this but when she wants them to stop she will stop them and they wont be let feed from her. she will just keep walking away from them and will sit or lie down to stop them from feeding from her. by you seperating them this is just helping more in the weaning process so there would not be a problem with this as you are feeding them and obviously by the sounds of it doing a good job also :)

Advertisement