Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips SE565 cordless phone - can you use other Philips phone in charging 'cradle'?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I bought the Philips SE5652B set of two cordless phones (w answering machine in 'master' base unit) in March 2010. It was not cheap, in my opinion, at around £80 for the set. In the last two weeks one of the handsets just keeps giving up the ghost so is unreliable.

I'm looking for the cheapest way to salvage the situation - can I use a handset from another Philips cordless phone if I buy a single new set and just use it with the base units and the current working handset? I don't want to spend another £100 on a twin set with two base charger unit thingies.

FYI - this is what I bought.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SE5652B-Cordless-answering-additional/dp/B002EPHK70/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1303114049&sr=1-5

Advertisement