Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeds - Best place to buy in Dublin

Options
  • 18-04-2011 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

where's the best place to buy high qaulity veg seeds at affordable prices. find the likes of Tesco/Woodies etc expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

B&Q do their own brand and then one bargain one cheaper that that. Have had better results with some of these than even Thompson and Morgan. Check the best before dates on the back. Most are good for at least 2 years, sometimes 3. So look for 2012/2013 to prove they are fresh. Got a load of Thompson & Morgan off Mr. Middleton via a post order and they must have dug in the bottom of the barrel. All were 2011 and have had poor germination.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sharonl

Have you tried buying online? I buy all my seeds from www.seedaholic.ie They are an irish company based in Mayo and I've always had a very prompt delivery, within 3 days of ordering, even if on a weekend. They have a handy little leaflet with all the seeds aswell detailing instructions and growing info, and they are much cheaper than buying in the garden centres. Not connected with them, just a happy customer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭l5lr

sharonl wrote: »
    Have you tried buying online? I buy all my seeds from www.seedaholic.ie They are an irish company based in Mayo and I've always had a very prompt delivery, within 3 days of ordering, even if on a weekend. They have a handy little leaflet with all the seeds aswell detailing instructions and growing info, and they are much cheaper than buying in the garden centres. Not connected with them, just a happy customer :)

Was about to recommend them myself. I normally get mine in 2 days :p

Great leaflets.. much more information than on the normal seed packets, and I've always got a friendly response when I've contacted them for anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Whereas I had to ring and email to chase up my order with Mr. Middleton. In end they didn't even fill the whole order, after 6 weeks! Would not recommend them. seedaholics sound good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Yeah I would agree with the above posts...seedaholic's are great and they do some mutli pack offers. Much cheaper and good quality, and as has been said you get some good advice in the mix!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Concur with the above. I just got an order from Seedaholics and I'm very impressed. All the seeds are in small plastic packets attached to A5 pieces of paper with information on both sides giving general information on the plant, how to sow, aftercare, harvesting, storage, Roation considerations, and good and bad companions. Excellent service too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I ordered some seeds from them yesterday after reading this thread. They arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

There's also The Orchard Home & Garden Centre (search them on Google, www.theorchard.ie ) they do quite a variety of seeds, some have an offer e.g buy on get another free etc. They also do seedling plants to save the trouble of germinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Just to add to the list of online Irish seed suppliers, there's also:

Brown Envelope Seeds and Irish Seed Savers

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Zell

I'm new to this particular forum on Boards and want to say a big thank you for the info on www.seedaholic.com. Fantastic service at very reasonable prices! Ordered early yesterday morning and they arrived today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement