Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N3 Mulhuddart Interchange upgrade

Options
  • 18-04-2011 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Fingal CoCo are proposing to upgrade the N3 interchange at Mulhuddart, see http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Roads/SchemesonDisplay/N3MulhuddartInterchangeUpgrade/ for details including PDF map at the end of the page. Deadline for submissions on this is 17 May.

I stumbled across at article on this in one of the local free newspapers (can't remember which one), but Fingal themselves don't seem to have publicised it. The article mentioned a construction time of 12 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Annoyingly the PDF won't load for me, I'd like to see what it would look like.

It's about time they did something there, the traffic bottleneck that is caused is crazy, primarily because it's a normal road meeting up with the on-ramp flyover. Maybe the traffic wouldn't be half as bad if the road from the Centre to Mulhuddart was move a few hundred meters away from the bridge.

The plans they describe seem ambitious and interesting, again really just wish that the diagram would load :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

Explains why I seen a surveyor in a high vis top, parked by the side of the road there the last 2 mornings!

From a distance looked like it was a Garda with a speed camera :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

TheChrisD, Try this attachment for a view of the .pdf

It mightn't be great resolution though.

Gives you a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

5631473024_ca00985520_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Anything that will take the traffic away from the Centre more quickly is to be wellcomed.

I am disappointed with the loss of the two roundabouts and their replacement with signalised junctions. Traffic lights invariably make the traffic worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's still in the planning so construction is still a long way off starting yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Annoyingly the PDF won't load for me, I'd like to see what it would look like.

The plans they describe seem ambitious and interesting, again really just wish that the diagram would load :mad:

Try saving the PDF to your PC, rather than just viewing through your browser - worked for me. It's 9Mb so might take a while.
    Murt10 wrote: »
    Anything that will take the traffic away from the Centre more quickly is to be wellcomed.

I am disappointed with the loss of the two roundabouts and their replacement with signalised junctions. Traffic lights invariably make the traffic worse.

Part of my submission was to review the traffic light sequence shortly after the upgrade is complete to reduce any bottlenecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Looks interesting enough, but I'm still of the mindset that it's the fact that the N3 off-ramp city-bound is placed before the junction is the reason behind all the traffic.

Moving it back and widening the road in between will only manage to reduce the distance of the usual tailback leading in Mulhuddart, without actually solving the issue of the amount of cars.

Advertisement