Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV - Proof of $5000

Options
  • 18-04-2011 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

When entering Australia on a WHV is an Irish bank statement sufficient proof that you have $5000 or what proof do they require?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

I was never evan asked for proof of funds but yeah a bank statement is more than enough.
    As long as you have a return flight booked and proof of this they dont need anything else.

ENJOY!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

that would be yeah -

they don't ask for proof, I think it is more to do with wanting people to have at least 5k before coming over, as set up costs are expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

I didn't get asked for proof of how much I brought over ither but if I were u I'd bring as much money as possible cause $5000 won't last long in Ozzie.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

I agree, bring as much as you can, quite expensive here (more than you think) I wasnt asked about it either. They seemed to be pretty weird about having a place to stay so make sure you have and address to give them. Also check out what you cant bring into the country or else you'll could end up on that border patrol show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

I was never evan asked for proof of funds but yeah a bank statement is more than enough.
    As long as you have a return flight booked and proof of this they dont need anything else.

ENJOY!

You don't need to have a return flight booked.

Immigration can ask you for proof but generally don't and a bank statment is exactly what they would be looking for if they do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement