Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do for kids in Killarney

Options
  • 18-04-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Folks, i'm going to Killarney for the Easter Weekend with a 9 year old. Anyone have any ideas of stuff to do there?

Will probably hire bikes and do the lakes at some stage alright, anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

http://www.buddies.ie/ but I dunno what ages that's for. There's buddies bowling over in Tralee which is a great spot if you can get over there. There's Kennedy's pet farm out the Cork Road as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

there is coolwood wildlife park, muckross pet farm, loads of swimmimg. there is a big playground near the demane.cant think of anything else right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 julanont

I agree with all the places they recommend. Buddies is a little tough on parents. Nothing to do except wait until you child bumps head off another child, kids just run around screaming there. Personally I don't like this place. You can beat Muckross park for the kids they can explore and plenty of space and for a parent it nice too. Ross castle is pretty cool. Buy some bread before you go and they can feed the ducks and swans.

You can rent some bikes, just ask anyone in town and they tell you where to rent. Bottom of New street or at left of entrance to innisfallen shopping center. You'll see the bikes

Further a field the Gap of Dunloe is good, cappenalea is an outdoor adventure place that is about 8 mile from Killorglin. Actually Killorglin is a pretty cool place its the first stop on ring of kerry about 15 min drive from Killarney here some info on Killorglin here http://www.killorglinringofkerry.com but August 10, 11 and 12 is best to do Killorglin for Puck fair. August is generally best month to come to kerry loads of festivals on and free entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

I forgot about Cappanalea actually, good idea -> www.cappanalea.ie

Just wondering are there any play grounds in the town, as in swings and slides etc. ??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 cutefainne

Hello,

Yeah opposite the cathedral in Killarney park there is a good playground area. They have slides etc... great for kids and free.

Capenalea is far enough from Killarney easily a 30 min drive. Its more suite to older kids who are into the adventure side of things.

Star Outdoors is another place in Kenmare like Capenalea.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

cutefainne wrote: »
    Yeah opposite the cathedral in Killarney park there is a good playground area. They have slides etc... great for kids and free.

It was great actually, cool climbing frame, a zip-wire, lots of stuff for small kids too.

Advertisement