Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to dispose of tyres

• 18-04-2011 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

folks have a pile of tyres from the silage pit days, wondering is their anyway of getting rid of them legitimately?? Im thinking probably not but just said i would ask

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

there is a place beside us called crumb rubber they take them and make playmats etc from them afaik they charge for collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I think they must be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way. There are companies that do it and supply you with a reciept for cros compliance but damned if i can think of any. There was an article in the journal (i think) a while back dealing with it.

You could try ringing your local environment section in the council and ask them. If nothing else, you can be safe in the knowledge that you are both annoying them AND providing them with work. Who can resist a 2 for 1:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

ya i pinged a mail off to the crumb lads..probably cost a fortune to have them collected and i dont have a huge amount of but sure will see what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

A garage near here charges €4 per tyre to dispose of your car tyre when they fit new ones for ya.

not to mention that 2 years ago on bonfire night "someone" mysteriously lit the pile of 10,000 tyres that they had stored in an open field. They had to pay the fire brigade €500 to come out to keep the fire under control. But it was cheap for them in the long run as they had €39500 in profit out of it and all of their tyres were burned

The cost of disposal is as follows:-
    Car, van and jeep @ €1.50 each.
    Truck @ €10,
    Tractor between €13 and €15 depending on size.
    Prices are + vat.

from crumb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

thats a joke them charging you for a product they can turn into something else and sell for profit, did u try asking them if they would take them in exchange for the silage mats they make? then sell them privatly yourself
    Looks like you may chat some of yer neighbours and see if they need a few more !!

F.D wrote: »
    thats a joke them charging you for a product they can turn into something else and sell for profit, did u try asking them if they would take them in exchange for the silage mats they make? then sell them privatly yourself
    Looks like you may chat some of yer neighbours and see if they need a few more !!

yep, they will be staying put im afraid at that money, only 2 immediate neighbours still making pit, the 2 last dairy men in the area! most other do bales now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

yep, they will be staying put im afraid at that money, only 2 immediate neighbours still making pit, the 2 last dairy men in the area! most other do bales now

I paid 3000 euros to get rid of mine to crumb rubber, illegal to store tyres
    now if you're not using on silage, afraid for my sfp.

Found this on Offaly co. council website
    "I do not use waste tyres for anchoring silage. Can I still store waste tyres?

Yes, provided they are incidental to your business as a farmer and do not exceed the number of tyres on your farm vehicles (e.g. a tractor and single axle trailer allows you to store 6 waste tyres)."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i should be sorted so dh has 2 artic lorries and 5 trailers to go with them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

whelan1 wrote: »
    i should be sorted so dh has 2 artic lorries and 5 trailers to go with them :D

You could accept tyres and start charging for them :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Get a few lenghts of steel, heavy duty bolts, large drill bit. Make a few silage cover mats, easily applied with the loader etc, sell them and make a tidy profit ;)

Advertisement