Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad woman outside Logues Shoe shop

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I've often seen her hurl abuse at women walking past, always spouting the same oul crap, women in trousers...burn in hell...yadayadayada

I've heard her comment on a case about a man that beat his wife to death, she named names but I didn't recognise them, she said "and now that poor man in in jail because of that harlot"

She IS highly insulting and offensive and singles out people to roar abuse at them as they try to pass her, it's awful when parents have to try to explain to their child why some "lady" says they're going to hell!!!

I have never confronted her because she has never said anything aimed directly at me but I have seen other people genuinely upset because of this woman. She isn't mentally stable IMO and I don't think she should be out hurling abuse on the streets of Galway...for the sake of innocent people going about their business (especially where kids are involved) and for her own safety...a lot of people here sound pretty p!ssed off with the treatment of their girlfriends/mothers/daughters by this woman

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Saw her call some guy a paedophile because his girlfriend was shorter than him.

I really dislike people like her. They scare me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

She (allegedly) glued the lock on the shutter of the sex shop beside the Augustinian Church and the staff couldn't get in. She also (allegedly) painted over the window of O'Brien's when they had a poster in the shop window which advertised magazines for gay people. She also (allegedly) throw a can of white paint over magazines with scantly clad women on the covers, in News At Ten.

I remember her shouting at a nun outside Faller's calling her a slut and a whore.

I wonder where she buys her Crocs from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You go to any city in London you'll see someone ranting against the Irish or whoever. Its the same wherever you go.

Any city in London ? - City of Westminster, The Square Mile, White City. :confused:

I take it you mean the UK.

Anyway, just because there are nutters elsewhere doesn't mean we have to tolerate the vitriolic and evidently hurtful tirades from this woman in our own city.

Even in that great meeting place in the heart of London renowned for such nuisances, Speakers Corner, people like Rita Leonard would be told to button it.

And if she tried her preaching elsewhere in the British capital, she would soon find herself sitting in the back of a silver Vauxhall Astra with blue lights on top, heading in the direction of Vine St nick.

The Metropolitan Police have cracked down on people like her in recent years because they now realise that the rest of us just want to go about our business without being harassed by such cretins.

I suggest the Gardaí in Galway do the same and get this woman off the streets once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Chicken1 wrote: »
    Agree completely she is totally offensive, how would a tourist from the UK feel today seeing this idiot ranting and raving about the Queens visit, there is currently 1 million Irish working in the UK and over a thousand students arriving every month looking for work (source BBC TV recently)

This is perhaps the only issue where Rita's opinion is in line with that of a surprising number of other Irish people. Agreed, most of the others won't be telling the Brit tourists what they think - but I'm not sure that passive-aggressive submission is actually a good thing.

Apart from that, she's just another of the mentally-ill people who live in our city. She's a pain, or cheap entertainment depending on your perspective - yes, sometimes a crowd does gather to watch her show. I don't think her freedom should be curtailed though, unless she's actually endangering anyone (clearly it has been in the past, hopefully she's over that now).

And yes, she is the woman who was sleeping in the doorway opposite Dignity last summer.

It'd be great if it was possible for her to receive treatment that enabled her to contribute more positively to society, but somehow I suspect it's too late in her life for that. My hunch is that she's probably the product of one of Ireland's wonderful "care" institutions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

JustMary wrote:
    My hunch is that she's probably the product of one of Ireland's wonderful "care" institutions.

Your hunch is off. One of the linked articles says she was a nurse in England and moved in with a man in Corofin after a relationship ended over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have removed some less than nice stuff.
    Discussing an private individual like this isn't really on but if discussion is civil I'll leave it for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Terrible woman. Heard her suggesting that Manuela Riedo 'deserved it' before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Where have I been? I have never seen ..or heard her.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭strewthelvis

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Where have I been? I have never seen ..or heard her.. :eek:
    count yourself lucky!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Your hunch is off. One of the linked articles says she was a nurse in England and moved in with a man in Corofin after a relationship ended over there.

For a one so high in her morals it seems ironic that she has 'lived in sin'. Maybe somebody should shout that at her when she goes on her next tirade:p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

For a one so high in her morals it seems ironic that she has 'lived in sin'. Maybe somebody should shout that at her when she goes on her next tirade:p

I'd be afraid I'd get a smack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

She might throw her holy picture at you:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Print off this thread...read extracts as she hurls abuse [lets be real here, that's all she really does] at passers-by

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

She 's the one who sleeps with a picture of holy mary opposite dignity! Was going into the shopping center one day with my OH and she grabbed me and told me she saw him going into dignity the night before and tried to spit on him. Poor OH was mortofied so I took over! I turned around and said no he was in my house all night having sex with me, out of wedlock, like my trousers? Crazy b**ch! She got so insulted that it flustered her and we made a quick getaway! Yeah she seems to jump on the bandwagon of anything that can cause controversy! Its usually Gay people and women with trousers and her being best friends with the pope. The shopping center security just stand at the door and makes sure she doesn't come in but they can't make her go away, poor crathurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

JustMary wrote: »
    It'd be great if it was possible for her to receive treatment that enabled her to contribute more positively to society

Like a laryngectomy.

This woman is a complete nuisance and a bully. Her aggressive fundamentalist verbal diarrhea has been directed at and deeply offended many people I know including my own mother who works in the Galway Family Planning Clinic as a sexual health nurse.

On one of this old bat's crazier days, she informed me that I was destined to go to hell unless I moved to Spain and indulged in self-flagellation (cue the dirty jokes :D)

The only place for this barmy ol' broad is a one way trip into space Superman style.....

phantom-zone-300x168.jpg

Phantom Z'owned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Heard that bint rant about husbands beating and battering their wifes before. Hilarious

Seriously, you are all very sensitive in here. Why would you or anyone for that matter take her rantings on board and be offended? She is not well in the head. Also you all need ipods if you dont want to listen to her.

She is actually very scary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

BURN THE WITCH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I've only seen her in action a couple of times but I know that her crazy antics made life hell for her neighbours when she lived in a village in rural Galway. She's obviously quite mentally ill. I'd no idea she was sleeping rough. Not the kind of conditions that would help stabilise her condition, in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

i wonder has she ever considered valium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, everyone has had their say so we'll stop here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement