Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supply.ie: New Look & Design

• 18-04-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

supply.ie has had a makeover - we have restyled our homepage, added our Press features and gathered some Testimonials.

In the background, we have simplified the request creation process, improved the quotation turnaround and added more request history information.

Please take a look and provide feedback - fyi the 'old' version looks like this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I didn't go any further than the Firefox Untrusted Connection warning.
    This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
    securely to supply.ie, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,
    sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
    going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?
    If you usually connect to
    this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
    trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details
    supply.ie uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for www.supply.ie.

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)
    I Understand the Risks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

I got the same message.

The new look is extremely busy, far too much information fighting for my attention, it looks amateur.

It seems strange you're asking for feedback as you seem to have ignored most of the feedback from the previous thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

cormee wrote: »
    It seems strange you're asking for feedback as you seem to have ignored most of the feedback from the previous thread.

If anything some of it is getting worse. Re-read the previous thread and stop using washed out colours. You've even changed to using them in the logo.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70921773

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mikefm

Thanks gents,

We changed the security cert from GoDaddy to Thawte too which seems to cause some errors. Hopefully, these will disappear soon (developers are reviewing).

Shared last boards feedback with designers too and this is the latest version...as you can tell, I'm not a designer i.e. what's washed out colours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Your previous logo in the png was bright red and flat. The current one has the colour drained from it and the one in your sig has a gradient from bright to washed out. Grey text on grey is a similar fault. Contrast is good - use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

In my opinion,
    i think the header in total is really big.

-The menu is too thick too, you dont need descriptions here. I would make it smaller [thinner - height wise] and make the font of the menu items bigger (just noticed u had this on the old design)

-newsletter should be way at the bottom, maybe at the footer.
    You should put the login credentials here, are u expecting people to login daily? if its not that traffic heavy, i would just have a link to a login page

-too many modules at the front page, move the testimonials and the other box to the side or way at the bottom. First module is already explaining, but then theres 3 boxs at the end explaining again. Youre just confusing people here

-I dont think you need twitter feed here either. Might be better to show random products with images. Most popular products etc

It kinda reminds me off the old = http://www.mymemory.co.uk/
    The current one is slightly busy for my liking but look at the their placement of objects. You seem to be enclosing modules off with heavy borders.

Thanks Placebo - that is really helpful.

The twitter and newsletter modules could certainly be re-located fairly quickly. We are trying to get a happy medium for new visitors (lots of information) and returning users (access to functionality) too but may have over-focused on the new visitors...

As for the security errors, navigating to https://supply.ie seems to cause errors for some browsers, while https://www.supply.ie works OK. The Support Team are planning some magic with IIS today which should resolve this issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bigdong

I think it's realy nice site and you should try to change fonts a little in few places but beside this everything is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 thehunter

Can i ask one question,
    how have you protected yourself re buyer and supplier meeting?
    I suppose my questions is, whats to stop them dealing together after 1 transaction and cutting you out of the equation altogether?

Nice site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

duplication of "supply.ie"?

• Advertisement

Thanks ambasite - that's the display from the Twitter widget. We will try edit/correct it

As for hunter, we're striving to make introductions to new suppliers for each buyer. When they find a great new supplier, our job is done. We're constantly adding new categories so as the buyer can use supply.ie to source new suppliers

Advertisement