Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mid-week pubs/clubs?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im working in Galway this week and don't want to stay couped up in my hotel room! i heard there are some good bars/clubs in galway, i assume it is vibrant enough here mid-week with the student nights. Any suggestions? Im staying near enough Eyre Square.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Probably won't be that busy this week as a lot of students are starting their exams, your best bet is the Front Door which is busy most nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Predalien wrote: »
    Probably won't be that busy this week as a lot of students are starting their exams, your best bet is the Front Door which is busy most nights.

loose women there? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Depends on what your looking for and on what night.

Front Door is usually a good bet.
    The Dail Bar tends to be busy, as does the Quays.

Personally I'm a fan of Massimos or the Blue Note.

looking for a bar with decent atmosphere, & some young ones! not really into the proper clubs that ive seen walking around eyre square so far. How are Coyote/Karma and all them places people are giving out stamps for? ill prob head out tues/weds nights. I heard the Roisin Dubh is a good spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Well depends what you're looking for..

I'd steer well clear of Coyotes, it's a dive, would probably recommend Karma and CPs if you want a club (If you're going to a club, go Wednesday night, Tuesday nights are dead)
    Roisin is a good spot, but tends to be quiet during the week.

Try the Quays, The Front Door, The Kings Head... Go on a bit of a pub crawl :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

johnn wrote: »
    loose women there? :cool:

No I'd say you could find it hard to find anywhere that would be willing to show re-runs of that.

mitsuko045 wrote: »
    Try the Quays, The Front Door, The Kings Head... Go on a bit of a pub crawl :D

most of these are along shop street? past mc'ds?

Advertisement