Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swift Scopes????

Options
  • 18-04-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Was on to the F/O yesterday and he said i should have the 223 licance in a few days:)
    The rifle i bought has a 6-24x50 swift scope on it,
    Anyone any got any experience with these?
    Are the any good??
    Dont really have the cash for something better at the moment but if there pure **** ill try stretch the budget.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

there a good enough scope alright, but there quite expensive, personally i would save a few extra € and get a S+B 8x56 or similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

In my experience they're ****E & expensive !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The rifle i bought has a 6-24x50 swift scope on it,
    Anyone any got any experience with these?
    Are the any good??

I have owned, and do own, 4 Swift scopes. They were on everything from a .22, .223, .243, .308, and 30-06.

On every rifle up to the 30-06 i never had a problem. The one on the 30-06 though, did "jump" and my zero would not hold. I brought it back to my RFD, and he replaced it there and then with a newer model. 2 weeks later i get a call telling my there was a fault with my scope and he was surprised that it held as long as it did.

I got the newer verson on a .308 and its shooting well and holding perfect zero.

As with all scopes, irrespective of price, you will get a bad apple, and i know there are as many out there that dislike Swift scopes (because of bad experiences with them) as there are people that like them. I have seen Hightforce scopes fail and they cost in the €1500 - €2000 mark. Same with S&B, Leupold, etc.

On a .223 the Swift will work perfectly. Unless it has been abused by a previous owner. If its new you're golden, and they do come with a guarantee so rest assured that the service i received from Swift with mine was excellent. Like Burris they have a straight swap policy. No waiting, no messing around.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭12gaugedave

Ezridax wrote: »
    I have owned, and do own, 4 Swift scopes. They were on everything from a .22, .223, .243, .308, and 30-06.

On every rifle up to the 30-06 i never had a problem. The one on the 30-06 though, did "jump" and my zero would not hold. I brought it back to my RFD, and he replaced it there and then with a newer model. 2 weeks later i get a call telling my there was a fault with my scope and he was surprised that it held as long as it did.

I got the newer verson on a .308 and its shooting well and holding perfect zero.

As with all scopes, irrespective of price, you will get a bad apple, and i know there are as many out there that dislike Swift scopes (because of bad experiences with them) as there are people that like them. I have seen Hightforce scopes fail and they cost in the €1500 - €2000 mark. Same with S&B, Leupold, etc.

On a .223 the Swift will work perfectly. Unless it has been abused by a previous owner. If its new you're golden, and they do come with a guarantee so rest assured that the service i received from Swift with mine was excellent. Like Burris they have a straight swap policy. No waiting, no messing around.
    The dealer did say to me he was not sure of the internal condition of the scope, and the scope was bought new from him so if something was wrong he could get me a brand new one under guarantee so i supose ill wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

I used a swift scope on .223 and .308 with no problems. It was 3.5-12x56 I only changed it to get a scope with higher mag.
    It was every bit as good as the s&b I had on my 6.5x55.
    In my opinion it is great value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

i got a 6-18x44 swift hopes its a good one,it will be on a 223

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    I used a swift scope on .223 and .308 with no problems. It was 3.5-12x56 I only changed it to get a scope with higher mag.
    It was every bit as good as the s&b I had on my 6.5x55.
    In my opinion it is great value for money.
    What are they like under a lamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shanmoll308

Fine... but if you want a good look at them you should wait til morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i had problems with mine 6x24x50 swift
    broke my heart
    bad at night time
    save up a few more quid and get a zeiss,S+B ,

endasmail wrote: »
    i had problems with mine 6x24x50 swift
    broke my heart
    bad at night time
    save up a few more quid and get a zeiss,S+B ,
    Great:rolleyes:
    Well its on the rifle i bought so when i get it ill see what its like i supose.
    Would love to be able to afford a zeiss and the like but like alot more these days the funds are fairly tight.
    Cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Worked fine for me. If you check back on my earlier posts you will find plenty of picks with my tikka and fox/ bunnies taken under the lamp using the swift.

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    Worked fine for me. If you check back on my earlier posts you will find plenty of picks with my tikka and fox/ bunnies taken under the lamp using the swift.
    Cheers poulo6.5,
    Im sure it will prob do fine.
    Alot to do with the shooter too i supose.
    Mate of mine has a nightforce on a .308 and cand hit jacksh1t wit it:D
    Savage scope though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

had a 6-24x50 on my .308 for nearly a year used it out to 300 yards and never had a problem with it bought a sightron for the .308 and now the swift is on my .17 and i will probably never change it

tommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

.........Mate of mine has a nightforce on a .308 and cand hit jacksh1t wit it:D............

Didn't realise you & Tac were mates :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Cheers poulo6.5,
    Im sure it will prob do fine.
    Alot to do with the shooter too i supose.
    Mate of mine has a nightforce on a .308 and cand hit jacksh1t wit it:D
    Savage scope though.

Must be a CZ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

He obviously hasn't been using superformance! :D

No Tac its a Tikka, he's just the worst shot iv ever seen:D

Advertisement