Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff for free (or discounts)

Options
  • 18-04-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

So when you reach the pension age suddenly there are lots of little treats available to you. Free public transport is (currently) one. I believe the TV license might be another. Woodies, the hardware outlet used to give a 10% discount to seniors on Thursdays - probably sitll does.

What other freebies are there out there that oldies can take advantage off?
    Links would be wonderful if you can include them.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

I know this isn't exactly free as in the annual application fee, but for 10 euros per year, you can get free access to gyms, pools and activities. Plus you get a discount book with vouchers and special offers.

The website is: http://www.passportforleisure.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

All you lucky lucky people in Carrick.

Golden Years Discounts
    Carrick-on-Suir Business Association (COSBA) are pleased to announce the launch of their ‘Golden Years Discount Day’ in the town which will give special offers to the more mature members of the community. Every Wednesday businesses in Carrick will give discounts and special offers to the over 65’s and or members of the Active Retirement Groups in the South East.

Plugging "Golden Years Discounts Ireland" into google produced a plethora of hotel getaways. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Most visitor attractions and theaters do discounts - the problem is when the young wan at the desk offers you a discount at a glance...

Advertisement