Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravan exceeding 3500 kg

Options
  • 18-04-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I want to buy a used caravan. I wonder is there reg cert or something similar that proves the ownership and what documents are rquired?
    It actually might not exceed 3500 kg.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

It'd be some caravan if it exceeds 3500kg.

Not sure about certs etc.. but I don't think its a requirement here. In the UK moreso though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

There is a CRiS certificate for caravans which you should check for. The CRiS number should also be etched into the windows.

As Fingers said it would be some size caravan at 3500kg, you would need a tractor to pull it. The largest caravans are around 2000kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Even this, typically American (ie. huge!) probably isn't even approaching 3500kg.

Full?id=5741922

Are you sure its not the total train weight that you're referring to with the 3500kg figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

or is it a "mobile home" being referred to as a caravan?

Advertisement