Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Operator Required

Options
  • 18-04-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am in the midst of creating a showreel to put forward for TV presenting.

I am looking for a camera operator with their own equipment to shoot it.

I have a couple of ideas and interviews lined up with bands and media personalities.

As I am starting out, I do not have the funds, so you would be doing this for your own experience and something to put on your own showreel. I have worked in tv production in the past so may be able to help with contacts and if you help me out I will most definitely return the favour.

I will be looking forward to hearing from all you talented, aspiring camera operators out there!

Thanks,

Marionette
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

marionette wrote: »
    I have worked in tv production in the past so may be able to help with contacts

:confused:
    You have contacts in the TV industry, but don't know anyone with a camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Must admit this type of thing annoys me too, Id be a lot more inclined to reply to a genuine request where they admit they simply dont have the funds or resources to get it done otherwise rather then dangle the age old bull**** carrot of "great for your showreel" or "promise of futher paid work".

Im not singling out the original poster as theres a ton of almost identical posts on here and other similar forums. It just gets a little tiresome reading the same horse **** over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Splinters wrote: »
    Must admit this type of thing annoys me too, Id be a lot more inclined to reply to a genuine request where they admit they simply dont have the funds or resources to get it done otherwise rather then dangle the age old bull**** carrot of "great for your showreel" or "promise of futher paid work".

Im not singling out the original poster as theres a ton of almost identical posts on here and other similar forums. It just gets a little tiresome reading the same horse **** over and over again.
    Exactly - how can the OP even say that her showreel would be good for my showreel? What if I turn up to film her with my equipment and she's crap at presenting? Then I can't use it - and what if it's edited badly by someone else, and not even graded/colour corrected? Then the ONLY thing in return that she's offering (i.e. "put it on your own showreel") can't even be done, and there's a strong likelihood of that happening, due to the sound/editing/presenting needing to be top notch too for me to find it usable!
    If I turn up & shoot it, then its out of my hands - and if anyone else along the way makes a balls of the sound/grade/edit, then I can't even use it & I've gotten nothing back!

Advertisement