Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions sought please....

• 18-04-2011 12:37pm

After a nightmare ten days dealing with VF (thread on VF board) I am on the verge of jumping ship to either WiMax or Magnet.

UPC is not available in my area (even though I'm in Dublin) and I don't want to return to Eircom.

My line apparantly can only take a max 3MB "bitstream" service.

Speed is not my first priority, I am more concerned with reliablity of connection. It would be for two laptops at home, one on ethernet cable and one wireless.

I'd appreciate opinions. Thanks.

Update: I just rang UPC - they can do the top half of my road, just not my half! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭savvyav

I'd be interested in this aswell, we're with Vodafone and our internet keeps dying, didn't have it for 4 hours today...
    as for UPC, after a month of me harassing my mother to change (and listening to her mutter darkly about having heard Bad Things), they finally arrived out to install internet today....and then told us we can't have it cos our idiot neighbour cut the line and they'd have to dig up the whole road to get it to our house :mad:

Advertisement