Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY Socket Move

• 18-04-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Guys is it possible to move a SKY socket from one side of room to the other without having SKY to do it?

Is it just a case of moving the coaxial cable to the other location and re-making?

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yes, its as simple as that. Use F connectors and a union to join the cables together to get a good connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

as fingers says, use f type conections and a coupler, also use rg6 or a higher standard coax, dont use the cheap airspaced stuff and make sure you dont have the inner core touching off the outer braid as this will disrupt the power goin to the lnb and affect the signal comming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Thanks guys but what are F connections?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

the lawman wrote: »
    Thanks guys but what are F connections?

Ignore that last question folks I asked google!!

I have been told there is a phone line into the bakc of this box also. I presume its possible to extend this as well with the use of phone couplers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

the lawman wrote: »
    Ignore that last question folks I asked google!!

I have been told there is a phone line into the bakc of this box also. I presume its possible to extend this as well with the use of phone couplers??

Yes.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement