Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep old phone on new UPC setup?

Options
  • 18-04-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

I've switched to the UPC bundle. Is there any way i can still use my old eircom siemens phone instead of the handset UPC provides?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tim9002

I've switched to the UPC bundle. Is there any way i can still use my old eircom siemens phone instead of the handset UPC provides?.

It should work fine. Mine did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Yes, absolutely no problem at all. UPC just provides a standard analogue telephone line interface.

Just plug the phone you want to use into the phone socket on the box they provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thanks. Worked fine even without having to plug into the modem socket. I just needed to register a handset in the options of the phone, put in the default code '0000' and i was in!.

Advertisement